IGNORED

Top 10 Best players in your lifetime

Tough one this - you don't have to have see them in the flesh but just been able to watch them in some format:-

1. Maradona:- Better than Messi, had harder tackles to face, worse pitches and played in poor team and single handedly took them to glory. Scored the best goal i've seen.

2. Messi:- could eclipse Diego but I doubt it. Class player, closest thing to the best.

3. Zidane:- won everything and scored on the biggest stage, built like a tank, elegant as a ballet dancer

4. Ronaldinho:- amazing skills, great to watch. Faded too fast though.

5. C. Ronaldo:- great specimen who has worked hard to get where he is, not as talented as others but amazing goal record

6. Gazza:- In 1990-1991 he was up there with what maradona was showing us, great pity

7. Ronaldo:- beat of a player, injury stole some of his ability but he was class

8. Henry:- amazing player, joy to watch

9. Suarez:- sorry but really he is that good

10. Van Basten:- amazing finisher

Maldini should be in mine really, just didn't have the room for two defenders ;)

Hibbert shits all over Maldini anyway, I just wanted to give everyone else a chance of getting into the list :P

Scholes is a great shout, Pete. Probably bump Hazard for him :)

Ahh, the advantages of being wiser, eh John? You've witnessed some real legends!

Too young for Dixie?

Yes Matt, too young for Dixie. The nearest I got was when he worked at Littlewoods only 300 yards from where I lived on Walton Hall Avenue. No one ever told me though, so I didn't even get his autograph.

I played for Leeds United Juniors in 1953, aged 17. John Charles was playing in the first team at Leeds then. He was only four or five years older than me but was a giant. He could run faster, shoot harder (both feet) and head the ball further and harder than I could kick it. World beater at either centre half or centre forward.

I've got to say Pete's list has thrown a few spanners in the works.

Oh and that Effenberg shout is top drawer. Doesn't get a lot of shout outs, not a 'marketable' kind of player but a fantastic one non the less.

I did think about Pirlo, but I wasn't sure. Same with Stam, too. Both good calls.

Cheers lads :). I struggled to pick a keeper heart says big nev, but there is very little between the top ones to waste a spot.

• 2 years later...

Cant settle on 10 but here are 10 names that I'm astounded no-one has mentioned yet. 

Jean-Pierre Papin

Paulo Roberto Falcao

Rudi Voller

Paolo Rossi

Zbigniew Boniek (Spelling?)

Lothar Matthaus

Zico

van Basten

Socrates (so elegant)

Platini (shame he turned out to be a turd)

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Explains it, sorry. Trump will have them counting to at least nine by 2021 though, he's committed to it.

Well, if youve noticed, you can win the presidency despite having fewer votes than your opponent - we don't value numbers as a society LOL

In all seriousness, I didn't want to add 2 more because I haven't seen anyone of the standard of the previous 8