IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

I enjoy or enjoyed watching Everton but everything comes to it's end. I can see lukaku barkley leaving in the next 13 month. They will see what Stones gets to experience and want some of the pie.

Like they saw what Lescott and Rodwell did when they thought the grass was greener. "Where are they now?".

Time will tell but we're no feeder club any more; watch this space.

Don't forget we "sold" stones.... he didn't leave. Personally I was delighted with the money. Till he learns to concentrate on defending he will be a bit of an English David Luiz without the free kick. Talented player on the ball but a space cadet at times.

Lukaku? Take a look at his thread if you have a spare 2 days, I dont rate him as all that and despite him wanting to leave we are able to name our price which wasn't met. He will be sold if and when we decide.

Barkley will only be moved on if we decide he's not up to it. He will have competition for his place very soon from dowell.

All in all with a new dock side stadium on the horizon. A billionaire owner, new manager and all that stuff things are looking good. Our Director of football seems to know what he's doing... take a look at gueye.

Please don't hinge your business plan on us selling holgate... you got pretty desperate when we rebuffed chelsea last year... was sad to see.

You kept Stones last summer because you made him promise you couldn't keep. No players currently at Everton will buy that again.

Having a wealthy owner gets you nothing, how much have you spent this summer. farhad moshiri got 1/9 of the wealth Abdullah bin Musa'ed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and look at what they've spent since he arrived.

Totally different to Holgate/Stones. Hes a midfielder playing at right back.

Wants to improve at Oakwell. Had a chance to leave at 16 to Manchester United and told them no thanks

He'll move on though in a year or so though if he's good enough and hopefully make you good money.

Regarding our players moving on, they probably will if the money's right and the player wants to but more often than not we come out of the deal better than before. Even Man U sell if the money is right, no club is too big. I'd bet Man C could even get Messi if the really really wanted him (absurd amounts of money would be required breaking all FFP regulations!)

You kept Stones last summer because you made him promise you couldn't keep. No players currently at Everton will buy that again.

Having a wealthy owner gets you nothing, how much have you spent this summer. farhad moshiri got 1/9 of the wealth Abdullah bin Musa'ed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and look at what they've spent since he arrived.

No, we kept Stones last summer because he had a contract for x more years. We'd have kept him this summer too but it made footballing sense to sell him for a record fee.

What promise?

you promised him you'd get European football when he handed in the transfer request. Since then you annoyed him more by a group of your fans shouting at him he's rat and booing him.

We promised we would get European football? Hmmm. He had just spent a season playing European football with us so that's a load of bollocks.

He was tapped up with an offer of £200k a week and a £6m signing on fee. I think that's what happened.... we refused their bid and he handed in a transfer request. Nothing else happened. The request was still on record and we sold him... that's that.

Listen I know Barnsley is a small town but don't make out that you know everything. To be fair to the lad he kept his gob shut.

Edited by Hafnia

Abdullah bin Musa'ed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.....Who?!!!

the google gave me this:

Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ad established a paper manufacturing company in Saudi Arabia (SPMC Group) in 1989,[2] accompanied by some partners, which became one of the largest companies in Middle east, with significant overseas interests. Prince Abdullah was the chairman of Al-Hilal FC between 2002 and 2004,[3] during which time the club won the Crown Prince Cup, he is still a supporter of the club. In September 2013, he purchased 50 percent stake in English football league club Sheffield United and became co-chairman with Kevin McCabe.[4]

Well done lads, knew you would get him to sound a bit desperate haha.

Didn't think it would be so easy though.

Promised him European football haha

No Everton player will fall for that again haha

Where is Lukaku going by the way and for how much?

He came out the traps a lot quicker than I thought he would to be fair.

But you'd then spend the rest of the day worrying if I was ok.

You've plainly not met Matt :P.

One of these days it would be great for those that want to to have a wider get together than the small ones we've had in the past, ten plus years I've known some of you guys and feel like I know you better than my wife (but I never understood her from day one in fairness :D).

Re Barnsley. Played a lot of football in the Yorkshire League against teams in the Barnsley area.

Rawmarsh Miners Welfare

Denaby Utd. (Charlie Williams (the comedian) was player manager)

Grimethorpe Colliery

Wombwell

Always hard tough games against the colliery sides. There was no need for 'shirt pulling' in those days, not when you could get away with kicking someone up in the air from behind.

Could be better than Stones, astonished by his progress/ability/confidence personally. Thanks Roberto!

Said it elsewhere but he already looks better defensively than Stones, which is his main job.

Very impressed with him so far. I do think Coleman will come in after a game on the bench though.