IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

I thought he got caught out on a couple of occasions and if I remember rightly their main two chances developed down his side. He is more than adequate cover for Coleman but you can still see his inexperience.

Going forward and on the whole he was excellent and he is going to be a great player for years to come.

Should Coleman walk back in to the team? This kid has been superb.

Nope. Competition for places is what it's all about. Unless he needs resting or he has a dip then he keeps his shirt. It's for Coleman to win it back.

Similar to how it should have been when neville was right back and Coleman kept getting dropped despite playing well. Recall neville taking the piss out of seamus on twitter.

Nope. Competition for places is what it's all about. Unless he needs resting or he has a dip then he keeps his shirt. It's for Coleman to win it back.

Similar to how it should have been when neville was right back and Coleman kept getting dropped despite playing well. Recall neville taking the piss out of seamus on twitter.

i had the same argument for Galloway last year but Baines just walked back in

Galloway did a decent job there but was starting to get found out, I just don't think he is a LB. For me Baines coming straight back in was the right decision

This for me. Galloway offered nothing in attack. Baines does.

Mason has been a revelation and I'm happy for him. Coleman will need to prove himself in the cup matches to get a spot. It's Mason's to lose.

Galloway done ok, he was by no means outstanding. Holgate has been unbelievably good.

His first few games he was very impressive, then as Dunc mentioned, he got found out. Holgate has played 3 games (right?`) and Galloway played 15 times in total last season - hopefully Mason doesn't get found out :)

It wasn't me who mentioned it the first time, I thought he was doing well. But being made to play LWB rather than LB probably was responsible for him being caught out of position too much

I agree, young lad who is a left center back, or left back, who was played as a left wing back and did ok. Having watched his first game for West Brom his attacking play has improved, his forward runs had purpose and his passing and crossing were good. When he comes back he will be a quality left back / center back for us.

I agree, young lad who is a left center back, or left back, who was played as a left wing back and did ok. Having watched his first game for West Brom his attacking play has improved, his forward runs had purpose and his passing and crossing were good. When he comes back he will be a quality left back / center back for us.

West Brom-Middlesbrough was a painful watch. If not to watch Galloway, who looked good on both ends, and to see if Guzan was getting back to form...I'd not have got up at 730am.

It's nice to debate which starter to start at right back, instead of wondering who can fill in or play out of position to cover it....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Can't think of a bad game he's had in that RB position.

Clearly stands out as a superb defender. Be interesting to see if he stays there or eventually moves into the centre.

Looks very reliable and plays like he's years older than he is. Can see him being a big player in the future for us.