IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

The replay when Morgan is pushing Mason away you can see the accusation. He says to Morgan “he called me a fucking nigger”. 

He may have mouthed it to him, which would explain the ref not hearing. RF and MH were looking right at each other, as Kenny walks past the camera it looks to me like the ref is looking at the players around him. Just a theory anyway. 

They also don’t record the audio from the refs in domestic games, so no evidence there either. 

Sadly from my experience it looks like Firmino was trying to wind  Mason up, and Mason was just ignoring it. Then Firmino ups the anti, and Mason reacts. One of the few things I know will generate this response is racist insults. Difficult to prove, but would explain Firmino being led awat by Liverpool's other players, and the ref taking no action against Mason for what should have been a yellow card for him. Totally unacceptable, and if it is true I hope he gets a substantial ban. 

3 hours ago, London Blue said:

Sadly from my experience it looks like Firmino was trying to wind  Mason up, and Mason was just ignoring it. Then Firmino ups the anti, and Mason reacts. One of the few things I know will generate this response is racist insults. Difficult to prove, but would explain Firmino being led awat by Liverpool's other players, and the ref taking no action against Mason for what should have been a yellow card for him. Totally unacceptable, and if it is true I hope he gets a substantial ban. 

This is what I thought when it all came out. Surly he has to book Mason no matter what has happened and Firminho has to go. But I think the refs saying be didn't hear anything, Which is hard to believe seeing as when he did allegedly say it the ref was inbetween the pair.

If it was just son of a birth then Holgate should have got a yellow at the very least. 

Firminho would have got a warning and nothing more, just a calm down or your next... as he didn’t do anything wrong other than wear red.

If he did say a racist comment then he needs to have retrospective action taken. That would also explain the leniency towards Holgate.

4 hours ago, London Blue said:

Doesn't make sense to me. If the ref hears that he should be sending firmino off and putting in a word straight away nwith the 4th official telling him exactly why. 

If the ref has heard it, he'll be too arrogant to come out and say he made a mistake until he retires and writes about it in a book. 

2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Doesn't make sense to me. If the ref hears that he should be sending firmino off and putting in a word straight away nwith the 4th official telling him exactly why. 

If the ref has heard it, he'll be too arrogant to come out and say he made a mistake until he retires and writes about it in a book. 

If he did hear, would he send a player off at Anfield? I don't know. 

On 7 January 2018 at 10:27, hafnia said:

He made twitter posts to his mates referring as faggot and batty boy in 2012 when he was at school.... ffs... I mean yeah if he did it now as an adult the throw the book at him but he was at school! Kids don't understand the depth or importance of such things at 15/16. 

I'm sure all of us have said many simioar things at that daft age. 

Adding to the fact that those words are used loosely at that age without any real understanding. 

Maybe the ref did hear it, but walked over to his 4th official, told him he heard it and left it for the match report as it’s much more serious than just a red card. If the ref gives a red is it not considered handled and he gets a three game ban? But if the ref reports it for investigation it can go further? 

Magazine, just guessing here. 

1 hour ago, StevO said:

There really needs to be some sort of age limit on these things. He was 15!

ok, if one of the under 16 players tweets something now, get the club involved, but you can’t give a player a ban as an adult for something said at 15. 

Absolutely ridiculous. 

Old ‘homophobic’ tweets from Andrew Robertson have been dug up now. It’s all ridiculous but hopefully that’ll shut those ‘loveable’ (can’t think of the word - where’s Marco when you need him?) reds up!

To be honest I think the knobheads responsible for digging up those tweets are every bit as bad as the knobheads who dug up the Holgate tweets

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

To be honest I think the knobheads responsible for digging up those tweets are every bit as bad as the knobheads who dug up the Holgate tweets

I don’t- they’re merely showing the double standard ashamed of nothing offended by everything crabs that as per usual they need to get their own house in order before they critisise others.