IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

But how do you know without ever having seen him play? Give the lad a chance!

You say that as though I've said he'll be crap? I think my post was pretty fair. Stones is THAT good it would be very unlikely we'd get someone of that calibre ever again.

Absolutely nothing against this lad! I hope he does well!

Edited by MC11

As mentioned that was more about the huge anti climax of that window. If I remember correctly we were pushing the top four behind chelsea and arsenal with Tottenham behind us, we were begging for a big signing after a quiet summer window and Moyes came out and signed an unknown centre back for the future.

I remember being unhappy with the signing but it was aimed at Moyes and the board, not Stones.

he's right there was plenty complaining when we signed stones and now he's worth 30M.

Really? Looking back, looks like most of the complaints were because we weren't investing in the first team rather than him as a player.

Enjoyed some of the puns :lol:

Gave the pen away so disastrous start but composed himself and stood out as a cut above the other players. Looked good positionslly and was throwing himself in front of anything he could.

Not seen anywhere near enough to pass judgement yet. Doubt he's ready for the prem just yet like but time will tell.

I watched a bit, looked good on the ball, tried to play out of defence.

Honestly hes stronger than people give him credit for.

He's played 20 plus games in league one. Against league one players. Strong guys that have tried to give him some.

Got sent off at Keepmoat, Doncaster (Hes from Doncaster btw) Played against direct teams like Bradford away and many say he was MOTM for Barnsley. Bradford are very direct.

Guest rusty747

Looked good. I only caught the game from early second half when we were 1-3 down but what I saw impressed me. He can play it out of defence, he is comfortable on the ball and his long range passing showed great vision and was almost inch perfect.

It's still mainly potential but he was definitely a cut above most other players on the pitch from what I saw.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...