Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Mason Holgate

For a player who has already played 30-odd Premier League games I would have liked to see him go to a EPL team, however I know that this is probably not possible and playing in the championship is certainly better than him playing no competative football at all. Best of luck to him, hopefully he can return in the summer and prove a point pre season.

1 hour ago, nyblue23 said:

Started (albeit at RB) and got a clean sheet against Wigan on Saturday. Hopefully he keeps playing.

No use there really, is he? We should have put a clause in the loan that he could only play centre half! 

10 hours ago, Aidan said:

No use there really, is he? We should have put a clause in the loan that he could only play centre half! 

They took him on loan to play RB. They're sorted at CB, so we knew what the score was. Stupid really.

15 minutes ago, Matt said:

He’s a good player. I’d rather him playing in the CBs or RB position at the moment!

Agree, glad he is getting minutes. Sounds like that hegazi has struggled so hopefully mason can move over into CB.

Watching the WBA vs Sheffield United game and didn't realise how Holgate seems to have filled out a fair amount this season! He also looks class on the ball. Maybe RB is his position, could save us a few quid on a RB next year if he keeps progressing with Kenny also pushing for it. 

Dowell took his header really well too.