IGNORED

Mason Holgate

c1982

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

Must have only been koeman who rated him because as shit as our CB have been Unsy refuses to play him and give him a shot.  Can’t be worse than keane or Williams at the moment.

He's injured. He'd be first choice for me. 

Koeman preferred Keane and Cuco at the start of the season over him. 

• 2 weeks later...

As an FYI, I believe he's the only one of our main young contributors who will have to be counted against the 25 man squad roster next year due to going over the age limit. DCL, Lookman, Kenny, Davies, Vlasic will all have at least one more year of not being counted against the roster limit. 

He's done well for me and seems a no brainer to stay with the squad based on performance alone. But I especially expect him to stay since Jags could very well be near retirement, Williams is hardly guaranteed a stay here given his aging, and Funes Mori should look to move on if he doesn't break into the regular back four upon return from his injury.

It will be very different the following year though when we have to decide whether DCL, Lookman, Vlasic, Kenny warrant staying with the squad.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/he-called-n-evertons-mason-11809267

As soon as this happened and I saw the replays I feared I knew the outcome. While this article is in no way conclusive, in terms of the FA investigation being done; they really didn't need a lip reading expert to confirm what many could see plainly. 

The push was immature. Just dumb. The same type of naive move we've been criticizing Mirallas for making during his whole Everton career. I remember seeing someone in the matchday thread say they "liked the push" or the passion it signified. Really? It was way too close to the touchline and it's a miracle he wasn't booked right away, but at the same time, Madley never had that match under control. This is going to look so messy once they finalize this investigation. I honestly don't know the rules here but perhaps since it was initiated by the officials there won't be anything retroactive against Holgate? I can see him getting a lengthy ban for a false accusation if that's even on the table.  

RF was speaking Portuguese, that'd be the first hurdle in even understanding him and the statement he most likely made wouldn't really sound like what MH is saying he heard. 

The reason I even bring this up is because 'crying wolf' in this situation helps no one. Justice and retribution in situations like this is already so rare. I bet Holgate realized he shouldn't have pushed Firmino and got caught up in the furor of the moment. At that point perhaps he misheard or embellished. I'm too familiar with this word to not know what it looks like being mouthed by someone. Perhaps MH just didn't want to deal with abuse via twitter and decided to step away, but personally, if I believed in my truth - I wouldn't back down for anything, especially from social media. 

I think he fucked up pretty bad and he knows it. 

1 hour ago, nutmegwolf203 said:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/he-called-n-evertons-mason-11809267

As soon as this happened and I saw the replays I feared I knew the outcome. While this article is in no way conclusive, in terms of the FA investigation being done; they really didn't need a lip reading expert to confirm what many could see plainly. 

The push was immature. Just dumb. The same type of naive move we've been criticizing Mirallas for making during his whole Everton career. I remember seeing someone in the matchday thread say they "liked the push" or the passion it signified. Really? It was way too close to the touchline and it's a miracle he wasn't booked right away, but at the same time, Madley never had that match under control. This is going to look so messy once they finalize this investigation. I honestly don't know the rules here but perhaps since it was initiated by the officials there won't be anything retroactive against Holgate? I can see him getting a lengthy ban for a false accusation if that's even on the table.  

RF was speaking Portuguese, that'd be the first hurdle in even understanding him and the statement he most likely made wouldn't really sound like what MH is saying he heard. 

The reason I even bring this up is because 'crying wolf' in this situation helps no one. Justice and retribution in situations like this is already so rare. I bet Holgate realized he shouldn't have pushed Firmino and got caught up in the furor of the moment. At that point perhaps he misheard or embellished. I'm too familiar with this word to not know what it looks like being mouthed by someone. Perhaps MH just didn't want to deal with abuse via twitter and decided to step away, but personally, if I believed in my truth - I wouldn't back down for anything, especially from social media. 

I think he fucked up pretty bad and he knows it. 

They can only lip read the footage that was captured. Holgate clearly reacts AFTER what can be lip read, when players are blocking the camera.

Also, apparently Holgate was asked to remove his Twitter account by the police.

He made twitter posts to his mates referring as faggot and batty boy in 2012 when he was at school.... ffs... I mean yeah if he did it now as an adult the throw the book at him but he was at school! Kids don't understand the depth or importance of such things at 15/16. 

I'm sure all of us have said many simioar things at that daft age. 

14 minutes ago, hafnia said:

He made twitter posts to his mates referring as faggot and batty boy in 2012 when he was at school.... ffs... I mean yeah if he did it now as an adult the throw the book at him but he was at school! Kids don't understand the depth or importance of such things at 15/16. 

I'm sure all of us have said many simioar things at that daft age. 

If I got punished now for the things I said at that age I’d be proper screwed 😑