IGNORED

Predict our result: 2015/16 season

Cornish Steve

Off we go! The rules will remain the same as last year, with a couple of clarifications.

Each week, you need to predict just two things: the final score and the first Everton goalscorer. Please use the same format each week:

Home-team x-x Away-team

Goal-scorer

For example, you might predict

Everton 2-0 Watford

Lukaku

Here's how points will be awarded:

a: 1 point for the correct outcome (win, lose, or draw)

b: 1 point for the correct goal difference

c: 1 point for the correct number of goals scored by Everton

d: 1 point for the correct number of goals scored by the opposition

e: 1 point for your prediction being better than the average prediction

f: 2 points for predicting the first Everton goal-scorer

g: 1 point if your predicted goal-scorer scores other than the first goal

h: 3 bonus points if you get everything right

Here is the fine print on these rules:

• You receive 2 points if your goalscorer gets the first goal and 1 point if he gets one of the other goals. You do not get 3 points if he scores both.
  • If Everton fail to score, no one gets any points for predicted goalscorer
  • If you predict correctly 0-0 (no goalscorer), you receive the 3-point bonus
  • You can choose "own goal" as your goalscorer, in which case it doesn't matter who from the opposing team scores that own goal.
  • If you predict no goals for Everton but do predict a goalscorer, you receive no points if he scores.
  • For the technically minded, the definition of "better than the average prediction" is quite simple: (ABS[yourEvertonscore - actualEvertonscore] + ABS[youropponentscore - actualopponentscore]) < (ABS[averageEvertonscore - actualEvertonscore] + ABS[averageopponentscore - actualopponentscore])
  • To be listed in the points-per-prediction totals, you must have predicted the score in at least one-third of the games.
  • Predictions are for Premier League games only, not for cup competitions.

Here are some examples. Let's say it's Everton playing at home to Watford. The final result is 2-0, with Lukaku scoring first and Naismith scoring second.

• If you predicted 1-0 (Lukaku), you score a+d+f = 4 points (and maybe a point for being better than average)
  • If you predicted 2-1 (Naismith), you score a+c+g = 3 points (and maybe a point for being better than average)
  • If you predicted 3-1 (Barkley), you score a+b = 2 points (and maybe a point for being better than average)
  • If you predicted 2-0 (Naismith), you score a+b+c+d+e+g = 6 points
  • If you predicted 2-0 (Lukaku), you score a+b+c+d+e+f+h = 10 points

Note: all predictions must be posted here prior to kickoff: no exceptions. If you want to change your prediction, please do so in a new post; don't edit the first one. The change must be made prior to kickoff. (Last year, I was lenient on this, but not this time around.) If the game time is 3:00pm, you must post your prediction no later than 2:59pm that day. If you change your prediction after kickoff, your prediction that week will be null and void.

Hopefully this is a clear description of how the prediction game works, but please feel free to ask any questions.

Just to add a little spice:

• Each calendar month, I shall donate 5 pounds toward the running of this forum on behalf of the monthly winner.
  • At the end of the season, I shall purchase a 20-pound gift card at the Everton store for both the season winner and best points-per-prediction winner.
Edited by Cornish Steve

So let me get this right? Youre spending time making this happen (great job) and now you also want to pay for it? Fuck that. Ill donate some too. I also think that the worst monthly predictor should pay the 5 quid lol

I'd be up for that. Whoever finishes bottom esch month donates £5 to the board. Give it a little interest and help raise funds too..