IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

I think Funes Mori is one of the biggest problems in our team and I don't accept that he makes 'the odd mistake', I think he makes rather large mistakes. consistently.

For example against Liverpool:

1. If you watch the second goal again. Funes Mori peeled off Sakho early to challenge Origi and left Baines, the smallest player in the team bar Lennon, to challenge Sakho. This is extremely poor positioning and poor decision making from Funes Mori because:

a ) Origi was already marked by Barry and Barry was in front of him.

b ) Funes Mori was a metre behind Origi when the ball was whipped in. Even if the ball went to Origi, Funes Mori isn't in a good enough position to challenge Origi.

Funes Mori symbolically jumping behind Origi when he's already marked by Barry achieves nothing in this scenario. Meanwhile Sakho gets a semi-free header. I don't understand what Funes Mori was doing here, this is defending 101.

123.png

2. Funes Mori was only on the field for about 50 minutes and I can count at least 3 occasions where he's gone to pass the ball out to the flanks and missed the target completely, turning over possession.

3. His clearances were rushed and from that he gave away possession to the Liverpool midfield time and time again. Although all of the back 4 were guilty of this.

4. His red card was an ugly challenge. But apart from this game, his discipline this season has been pretty decent (4 yellow cards in a season for a CB is pretty good) so I don't know if I can say that this really adds much to the point I am trying to make - the first three points are far more important in my mind.

The simple point I was trying to make above was that Funes Mori is not delivering anywhere near what you would expect of a CB costing £9.5m. And you can ignore the point I made about Deulofeu then.. I'll make a similar comparison: for the price of Funes Mori, you could buy three Robert Huths or two Eric Diers

Sweeping generalisations such as "he's a first choice centre half for Argentina, that tells you something" adds very little because, well for one, he only has 5 caps and for another, being chosen for Argentina is good achievement but his performances for Everton are far more telling of his ability.

You wasted all your time typing this. I feel for you.

None of our defenders look like they have a clue what they should be doing, where they should be. And when goals are conceded and they look up to see an opposition player completely on their own to tap the ball into the net they genuinely look confused as to how it's come about.

Edited by Romey 1878

He's not a particularly good defender. Makes lots of mistakes, has poor positioning both inside and outside the box, switches off several times per match and lacks pace. These issues are just multiplied when he plays alongside Stones who also has poor positioning and neither can organize a defence.

He's not a particularly good defender. Makes lots of mistakes, has poor positioning both inside and outside the box, switches off several times per match and lacks pace. These issues are just multiplied when he plays alongside Stones who also has poor positioning and neither can organize a defence.

I just don't get the impression they're being used effectively. Or trained/coach efficiently.

Both Mori and Stones have the attributes to be fantastic defenders, but right now, they don't know their arse from their elbow.

Edited by Lowensda

This isn't in the heat of last night. In fact, before it happened I was having this debate with my mate. I think he's shite. He's scored a few goals, but he can't defend...all over the place.

Last night was embarrassing and inexcusable, but that's him all over. Wreckless and out of his depth. Still, he's not as bad as Oviedo...that lad's stealing a living.

:lol: well he's not Roy Keane so he's hardly going to come out and say he was trying to break the lads ankle is he?

suarez never did anything after his bites. cause he wanted to do them. only after he was made to apologize. came right out and apologized. funny all the reds saying they'll get revenge next year, with who? henderson?

suarez never did anything after his bites. cause he wanted to do them. only after he was made to apologize. came right out and apologized. funny all the reds saying they'll get revenge next year, with who? henderson?

Makes me laugh the redshite nobheads seem to forget Suarez crippling Mirrallas and then Dustbin in the same game. Mirrallas missed nearly 10 weeks after that tackle.

Im not condoning his actions but im certainly not arsed about one of them lot missing a few games weve suffered at there hands enough!

I didn't think it was a red. No where near.

I think people have reacted to the injury/repeat images of the lads ankle being stood on but the actual 'tackle' was never a nasty, studs up, out of control type action. Just mistimed his stride into the tackle.

As for the badge stuff...I liked it. Don't know what it means, but I liked it.

All overblown for me.

I don't like it personally - makes him look like a goon TBH. It looks intentional to me, although he is the only one who really knows. Kissing the badge reflected very poorly on him as well, regardless of whatever the fuck it meant. I'm sure he must have felt like complete and utter dogshit last night/today and heavily regrets the entire thing. I still like the lad and am in no way saying he himself is shite. He's young, inexperienced, and performing in a broken defence.

Actually its hard to judge any EFC player these days under the mismanagement of our beloved manager, I don't think any player is performing at 100%, or even close.

Well every club has its daft twats.

Mind, they should be safe as the fan is probably based in Norway!

Well put!!

Im sure with the league hes come from its all a bit boring, the fans shoot each other in derby games over there he probably hit his chest as he was walking off to try and liven it up a bit.

Footballs moral custodian John Aldridge has joined the fray on twitter.. pretty much agreeing that mori should be in prison for his tackle.

How the fuck is that bullying, classless prick even on the radio? This is the man who destroyed a young lads career because he was in direct competition with his son at tranmere.

Edited by Hafnia

He didn't kiss the badge though!

He grabbed it and shook it a bit while looking towards our fans.

The lad was probably just trying to show some unity during what is a difficult period for fans and players.

Totally blown out if perspective.

Exactly.

Everyone just jumping om the Carragher bandwagon.

Players kiss thier badges all the time and it's applauded.

This has got ridiculous. It wasn't even a bad challenge, Mori was clumsy and late and Origi was just unlucky it caught him how/where it did. Why don't we just be done with it and ban tackling in football??

The shite fans can do one, St Stevie On-His-Arse didn't feel he'd been in a derby unless he'd gone through one of our players with two feet. The Naismith one is infamous, but go look at the one on Jags in 2008 on Youtube - off the floor, out of control, studs up. Could have been a careee ender and it wasn't even given a freekick because of who the fuck he is! Jags face says it all. They are classless, hypocritical twats.

And as for own fans turning on Mori - have a frigging word. Or are you happy with us being a powder-puff team of lazy pushovers?

I thought it was a bad tackle and a red. Clumsy for sure, but a red.

The reaction to it has been way over board though, but it's typical of that lot - offended by everything, ashamed of nothing.

In one game Suarez stamped on Mirallas and put him out for weeks (he was having a blinder at that stage too) - he then did Distin.

The fact is the lad has been outstanding for them since coming back from a lay off and with Benteke being frozen out, Sturridge being made of glass and Firminho being hot or cold they are gutted to be going into the Semi finals without him. Funny bunch aren't they? If it was Benteke they wouldn't even make a peep.