IGNORED

Ramiro Funes Mori

Strongly disagree

I'm not saying he wont come good he has a lot of good attributes but his distribution is awful. Hopefully when we're not trying to make our centre halves play like Bobby Moore next season he wont have to pick a pass because he gives the ball away a lot.

Can't believe people are writing him of so quickly. His first season and he's stepped up to the plate well, scoring a handful along the way. I'd like us to keep him, along with some others and see what a proper manager could get out of him. If not, and same applies to Ross, Rom and Stones, then sell in January where transfers are even more lucrative.

I'm not writing him off, just pointing out he has a lot to improve on. I've seen more than enough to be glad he is here and have high hopes for him.

How old is he? I'm sure he's only 24, yes he has a mistake in him but he's by far been our best CB since he signed.

With age his positional play will get better with a regular CB along side him he will improve in one game Gareth Barry was a CB if memory serves me.

Oh and he's got a goal in him and from set pieces he's been our only threat this year!

How old is he? I'm sure he's only 24, yes he has a mistake in him but he's by far been our best CB since he signed.

With age his positional play will get better with a regular CB along side him he will improve in one game Gareth Barry was a CB if memory serves me.

Oh and he's got a goal in him and from set pieces he's been our only threat this year!

As I say I'm not against him I have hope he'll come good but he gives the ball away an awful lot.

My main gripe is how he switches off several times every match. Seriously, if he played for that other lot, you'd have a thread where you'd be laughing at his mistakes. How many times have we seen a cross played in the penalty area and Ramiro doing absolutely nothing?

He also has poor situational awareness and positioning. This is compounded by his lack of pace. Some defenders are so quick that they can salvage the situation. When Funes Mori is not in the right place he doesn't have the pace to recover.

So a coach would need to teach him concentration, awareness and positioning since improving his pace enough to cover for lack of the other issues is not possible.

I'm with Makis and Pad. I think he's been poor, had some very good games, but our whole defence has been poor. They've all had no real direction.

He's got all the tools to be a top defender, with a good coach he could be great.

Not a chance United are interested in him, complete none story. If anyone wants to buy him though I'd have no problem taking big money for him.

He has been getting a free ride in here because he is the new boy, he has been just as error prone as Stones this season

As for his distribution, I actually think he has a decent range of passing on him however the number of times he scuffs his clearances and gives away possession is quite alarming

Hopefully that's just him trying to adjust to the pace of the game because he has the makings of a top CB

He has been getting a free ride in here because he is the new boy, he has been just as error prone as Stones this season

As for his distribution, I actually think he has a decent range of passing on him however the number of times he scuffs his clearances and gives away possession is quite alarming

Hopefully that's just him trying to adjust to the pace of the game because he has the makings of a top CB

Thats not true. According to squawka he's made 1 defensive error in 28 appearances. Your fan boy (Jags) has made 2 in 21 appearances and Stones has made 4 in 33 appearances.

Thats not true. According to squawka he's made 1 defensive error in 28 appearances. Your fan boy (Jags) has made 2 in 21 appearances and Stones has made 4 in 33 appearances.

But he's not English, and even worse he's passionate and a threat in the air. Not a bang average defender with no presence, positioning skills and can't head a ball for toffee like Jags.

Jags is not my fan boy , I doubt he even knows who I am, and squawka is obviously full of shit because I can think of at leat 3 straight off the top of my head. 1 v west brim and 2 v Arsenal

There have been more that's why he was dropped. Your response proves my point that some people in here give him a free ride while Jags and Stones get constantly slated

Don't get me wrong he has the potential to be a very good defender but at this moment in time he is our third best CB and if someone offered £25m I would snatch their hand off

That proves you should watch the games instead of just looking at the stats. I have no idea how "defensive errors" are calculated at that site, but it's definitely not calculating things like giving forwards free headers because Funes Mori switched off. Or the ones where he is 10 yards out-of-position, a ball is played behind and he's in no position to defend.

Jags is not my fan boy , I doubt he even knows who I am, and squawka is obviously full of shit because I can think of at leat 3 straight off the top of my head. 1 v west brim and 2 v Arsenal

There have been more that's why he was dropped. Your response proves my point that some people in here give him a free ride while Jags and Stones get constantly slated

Don't get me wrong he has the potential to be a very good defender but at this moment in time he is our third best CB and if someone offered £25m I would snatch their hand off

He's certainly not 3rd best

That proves you should watch the games instead of just looking at the stats. I have no idea how "defensive errors" are calculated at that site, but it's definitely not calculating things like giving forwards free headers because Funes Mori switched off. Or the ones where he is 10 yards out-of-position, a ball is played behind and he's in no position to defend.

I should watch the games. "ok mate"

I think its hard to fully judge him tbh, first season in the Prem playing in a terrible team under a manager known for not defending. Ill save my full judgement for next season if he's still here. Seen glimpses of him being great and seen moments of him being terrible. Time will tell.

As I say I'm not against him I have hope he'll come good but he gives the ball away an awful lot.

I agree with you mate like I said he's got a mistake in him, kinda reminds me of Joe Yobo he seemed to do that a lot, in fact some of Yobos best defending was after he had dropped us in the shit!

But he's young and hopefully with a manager slightly more defensive minded he should improve.

So you really haven't seen more than one mistake from him the entire season?

He gave a penalty away and made a poor clearance other than that no. He's been our best centre half this season. Easily.i remember Dunc was trying to argue this case when Jags was out injured.... He came back in Chelsea away and cost us a cheap goal.

He gave a penalty away and made a poor clearance other than that no. He's been our best centre half this season. Easily.i remember Dunc was trying to argue this case when Jags was out injured.... He came back in Chelsea away and cost us a cheap goal.

What about the 2 goals against Arsenal

What about against West Brim when he overran the ball

Was it Reading away were he ducked under the ball to give the forward a free header at an open goal

They are just st me stakes that have directly lead to goals, I'm not even counting the numerous times his poor clearance has given possession straight back to the other team

All 3 of our CBs have had their moments but Mori is definitely the most error prone

What about the 2 goals against Arsenal

What about against West Brim when he overran the ball

Was it Reading away were he ducked under the ball to give the forward a free header at an open goal

They are just st me stakes that have directly lead to goals, I'm not even counting the numerous times his poor clearance has given possession straight back to the other team

All 3 of our CBs have had their moments but Mori is definitely the most error prone

How the hell can you say Arsenals first goal was his fault? He follows his man, he did absolutely nothing wrong there. It was classic Arsenal. The second goal he intercepts the ball and his touch is heavy but there was absolutely nobody covering him. Martinez tactics pushing everyone up didn't help at all there.

Do you really want me to go to town on Jagielka because he's been absolutely diabolical at times. That Chelsea goal was schoolboy stuff

Funnily enough, our GA is best when Jags and Stones have played and worst when Stones and Funes Mori have manned the middle.

But you didn't watch the West Ham game I take? There's a case all three goals were his fault. The second in particular, he was marking the goalscorer (or,well, "marking") and gave him a free header. He also completely misjudged the cross for the third, missed and was nowhere near where he should have been after that. Easy to spot in slow-mo, ball is in the six yard box while Funes Mori is on the edge of the box.