IGNORED

Has the current board taken us as far as they can?

Paddock

has the current board taken the club as far as they can?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Have you had enough

• Yes
    • No

There's one about the manager so what about the board? I know it's been done to death but given the fact that even a blind, deaf and mute man who's been living under a rock for 20 years can't not know that we're clearly skint and teams that are supposedly smaller than us are now moving ahead of us with smaller fan base, revenue stream, history, Medea exposure yet they are simply run better. Shitty sponsorship deals, merchandise deals assets stripped, training ground hocked in the list is endless. We're becoming a laughing stock.

The money is going somewhere, Martinez is getting stick (from me mostly) but he isn't being backed. Everyone knows they stabilised us but is it now a case of being held back by a bunch of people who are bleeding cash from the club and not investing themselves.

I vote YES

Edited by StevO

Mike, you answered in the Manager one, its all hypothetical.

Possibly but the two questions are completely different. You know if we sack the manager we'll bring in another manager of roughly the same reputation/standard.

Would I like the board to sell up to an Evertonian with £5b in his back pocket? Of course.

Would I like them to sell the club to Haf for £50 and his "lucky" putter (despite his contacts :P)? Certainly not.

Impossible to answer the question (imo) without some, hypothetical if you like, indication of what would come next.

Who to?

It's a hypothetical question about whether you think the current ownership has run it's course, hence why I put do you think we're stagnating and they've took us as far as they can (not exactly thise words in casse you get prissy over that)

The way you're being pedantic about the question when you quite clearly know what I mean tells me your answer, I'll take you as a no.

Edited by Paddock

It's a hypothetical question about whether you think the current ownership has run it's course, hence why I put do you think we're stagnating and they've took us as far as they can (not exactly thise words in casse you get prissy over that)

The way you're being pedantic about the question when you quite clearly know what I mean tells me your answer, I'll take you as a no.

I explained in my next post, need more info.

Otherwise it's a "How long is a piece of string?" question for me.

I explained in my next post, need more info.

Otherwise it's a "How long is a piece of string?" question for me.

Don't answer it then.

The question was do you think the current regime has run it's course and cannot take us any further (bit like Moyes) I don't expect the board to clear their desks and leave tomorrow. I was just interested in what peoples views on the board was after a catastrophic window and the reality hitting home that we have no money. Are people starting to think the owners are milking us or do they genuinally doing their best. Rather than another massive thread with war and peace posts just a yay or nay poll to get the general feeling on TT about the current climate.

Edited by Paddock

Don't answer it then.

The question was do you think the current regime has run it's course and cannot take us any further (bit like Moyes) I don't expect the board to clear their desks and leave tomorrow. I was just interested in what peoples views on the board was after a catastrophic window and the reality hitting home that we have no money. Are people starting to think the owners are milking us or do they genuinally doing their best. Rather than another massive thread with war and peace posts just a yay or nay poll to get the general feeling on TT about the current climate.

Window's not shut yet so bit early to say it's catastrophic :67:.

I've fixed the question, I still think the current votes would be the same.

I'm starting to think of BK like a husband who loves his wife so much that he just has to punch her in the face once in a while to remind her just how much he loves her.

I really shouldn't have laughed at that.

I wouldn't say 'I've had enough' but I have felt for a while that under this board we can't really push on to much. I'm grateful for what Bill has done in the past post Johnson era, but there have been some very dodgy and self serving decisions since then.

But then, can we go further under a new board/owner? It's a natural human instinct to want more and always to believe there is better out there. It's how we evolved.

There's so many ifs buts why's involved.

What would you expect a new owner/board to do? It's not as simple as getting a new lot in and suddenly we are a 'success'...unless we get a Billionaire owner (wont happen and don't forget FFP), it will still take many years to reshape the club on and off the field. Do you have the patience?

How many clubs have had full takeovers in recent years and how many have been a resounding success?

I wouldn't say 'I've had enough' but I have felt for a while that under this board we can't really push on to much. I'm grateful for what Bill has done in the past post Johnson era, but there have been some very dodgy and self serving decisions since then.

But then, can we go further under a new board/owner? It's a natural human instinct to want more and always to believe there is better out there. It's how we evolved.

There's so many ifs buts why's involved.

What would you expect a new owner/board to do? It's not as simple as getting a new lot in and suddenly we are a 'success'...unless we get a Billionaire owner (wont happen and don't forget FFP), it will still take many years to reshape the club on and off the field. Do you have the patience?

How many clubs have had full takeovers in recent years and how many have been a resounding success?

Yes we can go further under a new owner.

I would expect the new board to invest money to build a new stadium or renovate Goodison to make it modern (no obstructed views and more suites, possibly more seats). I would expect them to get bigger and better sponsers in regards to anything that can have a sponsor slapped on it. I would expect them to elminate the debt we have in their tenure. I would expect them to hire World Class managers and players to win trophies and compete in Champions League.

FFP has been relaxed, it's a non-issue.

Edited by markjazzbassist

Yes we can go further under a new owner.

I would expect the new board to invest money to build a new stadium or renovate Goodison to make it modern (no obstructed views and more suites, possibly more seats). I would expect them to get bigger and better sponsers in regards to anything that can have a sponsor slapped on it. I would expect them to elminate the debt we have in their tenure. I would expect them to hire World Class managers and players to win trophies and compete in Champions League.

FFP has been relaxed, it's a non-issue.

I expect Emilia Clarke will be waiting for me (hopefully with a couple of friends) when I go up to bed tonight. Looking forward to it.

Looking at the commercial/merchandising deals, yes.

I'm not anti-Kenwright/board by any means, but we are obviously being left behind, and I don't just mean points total and transfer spending.

The social media accounts are terrible. Look at Manchester City's accounts; they do a great job of getting fans involved via multiple platforms and they they remain interesting and relevant... as does Arsenal, ManU, Liverpool, Chelsea.

This is just one example. We are boring on the outside looking in.

Teams are making progress around us while we have definitely stagnated.

Of course we can't see the whole picture, but to just accept that "things could be worse" as a form of reasoning is just lazy, in my opinion.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Has the current board taken us as far as they can? Pretty straight forward answer; Yes.

Why? Well, the only way the could take us further, is to invest in the club. There's quite a lot of proof as well as reason to believe that that will never happen. Also, there's no sign of our CEO being replaced, who keeps signing mediocre deals, so again, we're at least going to stand still.

Nothing has really changed for a while, probably because the current board is not capable of changing or does not want to change.

I would doubt there is an Everton fan anywhere who wouldn't like the board to sell up and us to have a rich benefactor ploughing millions into the club. For every Sheikh Mansour there is a Thaksin Shinawatra and its wise to be careful what you wish for.

There is plenty of evidence of the incompetence of Bill Kenwright but he does care, we could get an incompetent who doesn't give a rats ass about the club

I would doubt there is an Everton fan anywhere who wouldn't like the board to sell up and us to have a rich benefactor ploughing millions into the club. For every Sheikh Mansour there is a Thaksin Shinawatra and its wise to be careful what you wish for.

There is plenty of evidence of the incompetence of Bill Kenwright but he does care, we could get an incompetent who doesn't give a rats ass about the club

So just accept mediocrity then in case we get a bad owner.