IGNORED

Leandro Rodriguez

If we are stock piling wingers, I could only guess it's due to the nature of wingers dipping in and out of form. We've got Kev, Gerry & McGeady, plus Cleverley playing wide left, I think we could do with one more really. Lennon will do for me, with that mystery number ten too.

All the best Leandro, hope you're a star in the making.

I don't get why we wouldn't need Lennon if Mirallas stays.

Realistically, when has Mirallas ever put five good games together on the bounce?

When has Gerry put a consistent run together?

No one counts McGeady as an option anyway.

One more option, Lennon, would be ideal for me. The lad is risk free and will always cause problems. He will at least add more serious competition for places to keep them all on their toes.

How many times have we all complained about not having a big enough squad?

Edited by StevO

Well we don't need Lennon if Mirallas isn't going.

Mcgeady could possibly leave we've apparently already knocked a bid back from Celtic

I'd have Lennon back he proved when he was here how effective he can be and as Steve says we need depth and Lennon would add quality to the side something we should all want

Edited by EFC-Paul

I don't get why we wouldn't need Lennon if Mirallas stays.

Realistically, when has Mirallas ever put five good games together on the bounce?

When has Gerry put a consistent run together?

No one counts McGeady as an option anyway.

One more option, Lennon, would be ideal for me. The lad is risk free and will always cause problems. He will at least add more serious competition for places to keep them all on their toes.

How many times have we all complained about not having a big enough squad?

I'm tending to agree now. Just as long as we get a good deal!

South American football expert Tim Vickery on BBC Radio 5 live: "It seems to me that Roberto Martinez has a blind spot when it comes to bringing players straight in from South America.

"He dropped an almighty brick with Mauro Boselli at Wigan. He was their record signing, and I don't think he scored a Premier League goal for them. I had a Premier League manager get in contact with me and say: 'Should I buy this player?' There were agents touting him around. I said: 'Don't go anywhere near him. He can't do it in the Premier League and he won't.' Martinez, for all his wisdom and experience, didn't see that.

"You'd have thought, after an experience like that, he'd have been scarred for life, but he's gone back twice. He's brought in Leandro Rodriguez from River Plate in Montevideo, and said that he's played lots of games in a really competitive league. Well if he thinks the Uruguayan league is competitive, he's living in cloud cuckoo land."

South American football expert Tim Vickery on BBC Radio 5 live: "It seems to me that Roberto Martinez has a blind spot when it comes to bringing players straight in from South America.

"He dropped an almighty brick with Mauro Boselli at Wigan. He was their record signing, and I don't think he scored a Premier League goal for them. I had a Premier League manager get in contact with me and say: 'Should I buy this player?' There were agents touting him around. I said: 'Don't go anywhere near him. He can't do it in the Premier League and he won't.' Martinez, for all his wisdom and experience, didn't see that.

"You'd have thought, after an experience like that, he'd have been scarred for life, but he's gone back twice. He's brought in Leandro Rodriguez from River Plate in Montevideo, and said that he's played lots of games in a really competitive league. Well if he thinks the Uruguayan league is competitive, he's living in cloud cuckoo land."

Thanks for posting this... :unsure: