Sign in to follow this  
c1982

Bernard

51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Game and a half we were salivating over Bilyaletdinov. I need to see more, Davy Klaassen was MOTM on his debut.

Not complicated.

Bily looked great for one game... mainly his crosses.

It is early days but Bernard is coming here with pedigree.... he's a player in the mould of coutinho and Silva,  exploits pockets and has such good feet.  Quite a fast player too.... 

Bit of bedding in to do but I'm happy with him. This Everton team is starting to take shape. 

13 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Any similarities with pienaar will see Bernard disliked by peteo

Other than being short I don't see the likeness. From the short period he's been here I can't remember one stupid back heel yet. 

1 hour ago, pete0 said:

Other than being short I don't see the likeness. From the short period he's been here I can't remember one stupid back heel yet. 

isn'tttt that exactly what he did that led to Leicester breaking on us and scoring at the weekend?

Edit - that might’ve actually been when he shit out of a tackle, I can’t remember. 

5 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

isn'ttttt that exactly what he did that led to Leicester breaking on us and scoring at the weekend?

Edit - that might’ve actually been when he shit out of a tackle, I can’t remember. 

I dont think it was either 😆

8 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I dont think it was either 😆

Just went and watched it again and Bernard tries some sort of flick to get it to Gana but fucks it up and gives it to the Leicester player. He’s the first of the culprits for their goal. 

54 minutes ago, sibdane said:

That's kind of some bullshit. It was on it's way to Richarlison regardless. Might as well start counting goals that take a slight deflection off an opposing player and counting them as own goals then.

Also ridiculous that their own fantasy football game still gives him the points for it.

Capture.JPG

17 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Strange thing is if it was a shot and not a cross that the 'keeper got a touch on it'd be an assist... Or if it Harry Kane. 

Harry Kane's "goal" from last season was the first thing that sprung to mind.

He’s barely played, but he’s fast become one of my favorites. The Brazilian Ossie fits the bill; stature, application and skill. Just 100x the skill level. Can’t wait to see him properly settle and enjoy his game

15 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Just didnt happen for him but it wasnt for a lack of trying. 

Palace are physical and its only his 2nd game in the league.

Bernard is a class act but by the very nature of his game he will have matches like this, especially against physical sides. He was awful today, but you know that in the next game he can tear 3 or 4 chances from nowhere against anyone.

Decision making let him down today. Dawdled too long whether to shoot or pass and ended up unable to do either and running it out. Bit more experience in the league and he'll step it up. 

14 hours ago, Bill said:

One trick pony, and the defenders have already picked him out, cutting inside every time was so easy for the full back.

Here we go 🙄🙄 one bad game when he’s not played for over 7 months and he’s a one trick pony!! Palace came and their plan was to snuff out our wide players, they had 2 on him and Walcott all game. Nothing he did came off. Give him a chance eh.

Im not yet hugely convinced on Bernard. I think we all went a bit  overboard after one good game at Leicester. He's looked neat and tidy at times but his size worries me. He doesn't strike me as someone who will make the right decisions all the time either. I'm not getting on the lads back, we can all see he has got ability. The Premier League isn'tt very forgiving for players of his ilk. He just seems to lose the ball a lot when trying to beat a man. He was against Ashley Young today who is hardly a seasoned RB....maybe we need to get him and Sigurdsson somehow playing next to each other in the centre?

I think he was ok today. Had young pinned back most of the game just needs more time to gel with the front 3 as does the whole team. I’d like to see this team given 5 more games without any changes then we can form more opinions. 

5 hours ago, Bill said:

He’s just not a winger in my eyes.

Until he gets used to the physicality of the league, its the only place he can play. A bit like Countiho/Silva/Mata etc, he needs to learn what the league is all about first before he can come inside. I see no reason why he cant have their type of impact 18-24 months down the line.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Until he gets used to the physicality of the league, its the only place he can play. A bit like Countiho/Silva/Mata etc, he needs to learn what the league is all about first before he can come inside. I see no reason why he cant have their type of impact 18-24 months down the line.

Reminds me of him a lot

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Reminds me of him a lot

Ball control is beautiful to watch at times.  A good run of games and he could be very special for us. 

10 hours ago, Bill said:

He’s just not a winger in my eyes.

I agree. Maybe he does need to play there for a period of time to get used to the pace of the league. Right now though, Im beginning to think Lookman is our most natural and suited player to be on the wings in this system. He needs to start.

On 21/10/2018 at 19:27, Bill said:

One trick pony, and the defenders have already picked him out, cutting inside every time was so easy for the full back.

I don’t get what people are seeing to be fair. 

To me, he is creative, skilful, a lot tougher than his size suggests, and works hard for the team. He very nearly scored an excellent goal against Utd. He also had You g on the backfoot most of the match. Thought he did well to be honest.

The lad just needs some adjustment time, he's been here two minutes hardly played and new to a very physical and fast paced league 

He'll be fine once he moves inside more, I said when he first signed he'd be our Silva/Countinho and stand by it 

2 hours ago, EFC-Paul said:

The lad just needs some adjustment time, he's been here two minutes hardly played and new to a very physical and fast paced league 

He'll be fine once he moves inside more, I said when he first signed he'd be our Silva/Countinho and stand by it 

This for me.

9 hours ago, Aidan said:

Just look at the goal he scored against City last year. Nobody can tell me that this lad isnt good enough!

Who’s been saying that? Mental!

you don’t play for Brazil in a World Cup without being a player. 

18 minutes ago, StevO said:

Who’s been saying that? Mental!

you don’t play for Brazil in a World Cup without being a player. 

Nobody just wanted to talk about that goal 😁

I thought he was very poor again though on Sunday...it could be him or Walcott who are left out for me...apart from the Leicester game, I haven’t see him do anything....he can’t beat a man to be playing on the wing and he’s nowhere near as good as sigurdsson...