IGNORED

John Stones

Sterling looks to be going for 50m...

Don't care what the price is, he is a "keep at all costs" player

Attacking players always go for more though don't they and Sterling is kicking up a fuss wanting to go. Doesn't matter how good they sre if they don't want to play for the club then they can fuck off regardless of who they are/play for or how good they are.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully. Couldn't see anything on OS about him being injured, but didn't look that hard If I'm honest.

He was included in the Singapore squad. So, we will see over the next week here what's going on. I'm guessing it was felt that it's best to just keep him out of a game situation at this point. Rather we not risk him for a preseason friendly against Swindon Town, personally.

Still dealing with the concussion he suffered on England duty isn't he?

He played after the concussion, so he's well recovered from that.

Nor did our other player, Garbutt, who has played in a tournament this summer. Extended break.

Bingo.

Really don't think Stones is going anywhere this summer. McCarthy though... I've got a feeling we'll sell him and I'll be gutted.

He played after the concussion, so he's well recovered from that.

Bingo.

Really don't think Stones is going anywhere this summer. McCarthy though... I've got a feeling we'll sell him and I'll be gutted.

What makes you think that mate?

I actually think out of all the players he is one who is most definitely going nowhere.

Just a feeling really, I haven't heard anything.

Ha ha, typical Evertonian outlook. If it's something good we're bound to lise it. I suffer with exactly the same paranoia but I'm pretty confident he'll stay, I think he'll get his new deal next summer. He's only 2 years into a brand new 5 year contract. The club would be mad to up his money yet, next summer, 3 years in 2 to go he'll get a big deal.

I think he will become captain next season to.

hopefully we don't let him go. would be big blow when were trying to hang on to these young players.

I wouldn't let him go for less than £40m. He's far too good already and as a future prospect to let go for any less. to be honest I think I'd value him higher than that, he's got huge potential and if he carries on as he is he'll get 100 caps at least for England and probably captain them if things go well.

Hypothetically, at what point would you guys be happy to take the cash for him? I mean, I love Stones to bits, but imagine a 30-40m bid... could buy you an already established CB and possibly a world class striker too.

I would hate to see him leave for the record. Interesting though, this Chelsea bid made me remember back to that January transfer window when we were crying out for Moyes to bring someone in, and he bought the unheard of Stones from Barnsley for a mill. I reckon TT nearly crashed that day.

Hypothetically, at what point would you guys be happy to take the cash for him? I mean, I love Stones to bits, but imagine a 30-40m bid... could buy you an already established CB and possibly a world class striker too.

I would hate to see him leave for the record. Interesting though, this Chelsea bid made me remember back to that January transfer window when we were crying out for Moyes to bring someone in, and he bought the unheard of Stones from Barnsley for a mill. I reckon TT nearly crashed that day.

David Luiz was sold by Chelsea for £50m.

Stones can be a much a much better player. Is younger. Is English.

For me, that's the starting price. NOT even kidding.

He's better than Luiz, and i'm not even kidding.

That's the starting point.

David Luiz was sold by Chelsea for £50m.

Stones can be a much a much better player. Is younger. Is English.

For me, that's the starting price. NOT even kidding.

Is it worrying (medically) if I didn't realise i'd already posted it...20 minutes apart :unsure:

Its a false economy for us - for a start he has a decent sell on % for which we would have to give to Barnsley.

Then after we have got money to spend on supposed top end players there is agents fees, players wages etc etc.

So I will be honest - I really can't be bothered talking about the numbers - why not just keep him and see how far he can take us with the likes of the other youngsters we have.

Edit:- I think his sell on fee is 20% - so lets not get all excited thinking we can go and buy Edson Cavani if he goes for £40m we pocket £32m.

Edited by Hafnia

Guest rusty747

Are we trying to make money or win a trophy or two?

If it is the former, first bid over 35 mill and he is sold. If we are trying to win something then he is not for sale at any price. End of!