IGNORED

John Stones

I've been watching this game thinking "these are going to push really hard for Stones after this"

They'll defo come knocking again imo but it's still a 50 or a fuck off

Agree. I just hope we can resist.

Doubt City will be in for him with Ottamendi reportedly close but Man U man still come sniffing.

Guest rusty747

No reason why we shouldn't sign all three (plus Lennon) and keep Stones.

That would be a real statement. And Europe and a Cup Final would be very realistic aims.

Edited by rusty747

Yep, we hold all the cards here.

Exactly, I've said all along we do but now they're all over the place it makes it even better. He's clearly not going to push for a move he's on a nice long contract and is only going to get better. I would honestly not budge for anything less than 50 but I hope we keep him regardless of the price.

Chelsea will not just up the price by a few million, they will probably Offer Stones even more in wages, they will try to unsettle him.

That will be the only factor in this saga......will the lad want to go!

If he does, it makes it much more difficult to turn down offers.

They can't offer him anything unless we give him permission to speak to him Which we haven't. It's illegal to even approach him never mind discuss terms unless we accept a bid and allow it.

Chelsea will not just up the price by a few million, they will probably Offer Stones even more in wages, they will try to unsettle him.

He looks a happy bunny though, unlike Lescott a few years back who was walking around with a face like a slapped arse (and had put in a transfer request by this stage). Team spirit at the end of the game yesterday looked superb.

During the City v Chelsea game Terry was subbed at half-time and didn't appear to be injured. The Chelsea defence was all over the place. The commentator mentioned Stones going to Chelsea and quickly said something like 'maybe I shouldn't have said that, don't want to upset Martinez.

he is worth £45 mill at least. people dont realise how good he is. some bellend on sky said he wouldnt play ahead of cahill. fucking joke.

It's infuriating Finn I've seen a fair few similar posts knocking around online

Typical glamour fans who know fuck all and would make such an assumption without actually ever seeing said player play or even often

If he goes and the add ons are very generous (£15/20m) I'd reluctantly hope that it's to United or any other side bar Chelsea but they will make a big bid as they are crying out for a player like him it's possibly the most disjointed Chelsea side I've seen for some time

As has also been mentioned, they can't offer him anything without our permission. Plus, let's not forget he has FOUR years left on his contract, there is really nothing player or buying club can do if we want don't want to sell. If Stones starts to sulk, pull the whip on him, drop him and give Browning a go, see how long before he falls in line. Though to be honest, he doesn't seem that type at all.

I do think he has his price, but Chelsea are the desperate ones here, not us. 50 million or no deal.

I do think he has his price, but Chelsea are the desperate ones here, not us. 50 million or no deal.

I think Bill should accept the call if the bid reaches £50m and say no personally. Anything less he should leave to his secretary, "I'm sorry but Mr Kenwright's in a meeting at the moment, I'll pass on your message. Bye".

Let's not be stupid. Stones is not the best defender in the world yet. He might be in a few years' time. But by then we might be without Lukaku and Barkley because the club can't invest in strenghtening the team.

And Chelsea won't pay 50 million in any case. City might.

Edited by Makis

His agent has spoken to Chelsea, surely we all know this already?

We will have spoken to plenty of players agents ourselves this summer. It happens.

Bids don't get made without knowing if a player would go for it. I'm not saying Stones wants to go, but his agent will have done nothing to put Chelsea off.

Let's not be stupid. Stones is not the best defender in the world yet. He might be in a few years' time. But by then we might be without Lukaku and Barkley because the club can't invest in strenghtening the team.

And Chelsea won't pay 50 million in any case. City might.

How is the future of Lukaku and Barkley relevant to Stones' value? Not understanding the connection.

How is the future of Lukaku and Barkley relevant to Stones' value? Not understanding the connection.

Because the nucleus of this team could well disappear even if Stones is not sold. 50 million is a ridiculous amount for a defender and there's no point in comparing that to a forward's price.

Because the nucleus of this team could well disappear even if Stones is not sold. 50 million is a ridiculous amount for a defender and there's no point in comparing that to a forward's price.

With the likes of Luiz £50m Shaw £27m

Mangala £42.9m in recent history and the

likes of Johnson Bosingwa Zhirkov Carvalho all selling for around £20m in or just beyond the last decade with inflation and the added wealth of the league and clubs would equate to more now

£50m isn't unrealistic at all for a player who can be fairly well compared to Ferdinand who sold for £30m 13 years ago at the age of 23 two years John's senior

Edited by EFC-Paul