IGNORED

John Stones

Stones will go on deadline day. They want him badly.

If he goes deadline day the board have took the piss out of us. If they know they are going to accept a bid then do it now and let him get players in with the money. If we sell him last minute and can't replace him it'll be the biggest stunt the board have pulled thus far. If they do it'll be a massive nail in their coffin. They'll be forgiven if he is sold for 35 and we spend 50 on players but if we spend say 25 then sell him for 35 on deadline day they've fucked the fans over big time and the way feelings are at the minute it would be a foolish move imo.

Sell him now or not at all.

Guest rusty747

If he goes deadline day the board have took the piss out of us. If they know they are going to accept a bid then do it now and let him get players in with the money. If we sell him last minute and can't replace him it'll be the biggest stunt the board have pulled thus far. If they do it'll be a massive nail in their coffin. They'll be forgiven if he is sold for 35 and we spend 50 on players but if we spend say 25 then sell him for 35 on deadline day they've fucked the fans over big time and the way feelings are at the minute it would be a foolish move imo.

This. Absolutely spot on. But lets keep him please.

Correct... We need to get our business done now or have them fully lined up for deadline day. I do think he'll end up going in the end.

Correct... We need to get our business done now or have them fully lined up for deadline day. I do think he'll end up going in the end.

I do tbh, I think he's as good as gone. I've thought all along he'll stay but I just get the vibe he'll be sold last couple of days. I'm all for holding out for the best price but that price is useless if it's goes in the bank at 17:59:59 on 1stSeptember.

We should just say to them we want 40 or whatever the magic number is, just be honest and say we want 40 but we want it this week, we wont let him go last minute no matter what the price is as he's worth more to us than a billion pounds once the window is closed so lets stop the dancing, give us 40 we'll do business right now and we can strengthen if not come back next summer but it'll be 50 by then.

I do tbh, I think he's as good as gone. I've thought all along he'll stay but I just get the vibe he'll be sold last couple of days. I'm all for holding out for the best price but that price is useless if it's goes in the bank at 17:59:59 on 1stSeptember.

We should just say to them we want 40 or whatever the magic number is, just be honest and say we want 40 but we want it this week, we wont let him go last minute no matter what the price is as he's worth more to us than a billion pounds once the window is closed so lets stop the dancing, give us 40 we'll do business right now and we can strengthen if not come back next summer but it'll be 50 by then.

I fear another poor season and we might not be able to pull the strings on cost. He could go for as little as £25-30m next season.

Even if the offer might be considerably higher on deadline day?

(I've shifted the last few posts from the Yarmolenko thread)

Even if the offer might be considerably higher on deadline day?

(I've shifted the last few posts from the Yarmolenko thread)

Yrs even then. The 5 million extra is not woth it for the simple reason if he goes last minute we will never see the money again. It'll be swallowed up somewhere. I'd sooner get 35 now and have it reinvested before the deadline than 40 that is neither use nor ornamant to us as the window is closed that we all know will magically disappear over the winter months.

Million percsnt I'd take an offer now.

£40m sale = £34m to us based on 15% sell on fee.

£50m sale = £42.5m

that's if it is a 15% sell on - I think it may be 20% in which case £32m and £40m respectively.

Now for those of you who think that would go a long way to strengthening our squad - it won't as much as you think, because when questioned on the lescott money elstone quoted agents fees and wage increases etc which amount to £6m of the £24m....

So we could be looking at as little as £24m being spent on talent.... not much in the grand scheme of things when it comes to replacing a player who is already the best defender, best in the air, one of the quickest and possbibly best passer we have.

And you know that for sure how?......

Because we have already lost two central defenders that featured last season. If Stones left we would only have Jags on the books. Its just not good business to sell 75% of our central defenders in one window.

We will get atleast one new guy (Evans?) in first and he will be taught the Everton system this year and if Richie rich comes back in January they will get Stones.

I know that logic doesnt apply to Everton dealings normally but if the board sells him now they are beyond stupid. Whatever ppl feel about the board they must still understand that they are not that dumb. After all they are still the board of one of the most successful teams in the top tier.

Because we have already lost two central defenders that featured last season. If Stones left we would only have Jags on the books. Its just not good business to sell 75% of our central defenders in one window.

We will get atleast one new guy (Evans?) in first and he will be taught the Everton system this year and if Richie rich comes back in January they will get Stones.

I know that logic doesnt apply to Everton dealings normally but if the board sells him now they are beyond stupid. Whatever ppl feel about the board they must still understand that they are not that dumb. After all they are still the board of one of the most successful teams in the top tier.

Watch this space as someone once said.

I think the pressure the fans are putting on the board is one of the reasons we haven't sold, I also believe Martinez is a strong influence saying retain my talent and I wont splash out to much! if he goes even PR master Martinez wont be able to jazz that up.