IGNORED

John Stones

If we keep stones that's a major fuck you to Chelsea and a major show of what we can be. We may not have the dough to buy off the peg but we will buy young and develop players and help them become superstars. If he wants to go that's another thing. We have to get the right price and invest. If we get £35 mill plus that is fine if we spend that and another fifteen of our own. Anything else is a joke. I just get the feeling stones is a man who will stay this year and if we don't produce he will go after a good euros

Villa have spent nearly 60 mil this season. 32.5 for Benteke (who had a sell on fee) and 8 for Delf so we can safetly assume they have spent 25 milion of their own money. We can surely outspend Villa without selling Stones...can't we?

I agree. I've said it all along unless bill has been stock piling our dough for the ground we should be spending. Somebody posted we are massively in debt. I beg to differ

I'm expecting "fuck off Stones" messages from the same idiots who still think Kenwright is the greatest ever. Helps sell him when fans label him a traitor.

Arteta sale springs to mind. That was a disgrace. Last minute.com in order to not replace and that money went straight to the bank to stop them closing up on a loan. £10m for him was a joke.

The next 10 day's will show if we still really are a selling club. I know last season Baines stayed but this money involved with Stones is on another level.

Make a stand now and the big clubs will not knock as loudly in the future. Crumble and it's the Everton of old.

Personally it's the latter that will be the conclusion IMO.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2086516/Everton-chief-admits-Arteta.html

Still can't believe that lying Sun bed loving arse is at our club.

Remember this well, little pot shots at fans for reduced attendance. If the annoying little prick had any sense he would have kept his mouth shut after his disastrous deals which have cost us millions.

But just in case you had forgotten please read how when we lost arteta we got Marcus hanemen, McFadden, and gave a few payrises.

Oh btw we did sell beckford and yak getting us £6m and with artetas salary freeing up around £7m per year...

That lot think we came down in the last shower.

If he hands in a request (rumoured) then we have to let him go

I'd love to hold onto him but if the above happens his heads turned and I'd rather cash in on any player regardless of ability and potential then have a lad who as level headed as he seems is still young with his mind on another club

If that does happen you can't blame the board and go all guns blazing as long as they milk them for the maximum amount then we move on we've done it before and we will likely do it again

This whole selling club malarkey is bollocks any club that's not within Europe's elite can be deemed as such if they have players that are good enough to play at their level

I hope he stays and we build on what we have but as said if he goes he goes there's fuck all we can do about it we'll just have to hope the money or a majority of it is reinvested

I don't get the impression that he's the type of person to hand in a transfer request.

So that leaves 3 possibilities in my opinion...

1. Chelsea are just stirring the pot and have got the story into the media through their avenues.

2. Journalists are just making stuff up which would seem the next logical step in their Stones saga.

3. and this is what I fear... The story has come from within Everton on the knowledge that he will be sold to deflect the blame from the club onto the player.

Whatever it is Chelsea are getting encouragement from somewhere as if they need a CB, which they seem to, they wouldn't be wasting their time on someone who they have no chance of getting.

too right the selling club thing is bollocks, pretty much every club sells any player these days if the price is right. No player is worth more than the club and if they want him that badly and put in enough money then we've got to take it.

I don't want to see him go and hope he doesn't put in a transfer request but if he does then so be it.

The important thing for him really is that if he's going to move he needs some assurance from Chelsea that he will be a regular starter. At his age he's better off playing at us if he's going to be sat on their bench. Chelsea have ruined plenty of players who did great for "smaller" clubs buying them up then hardly playing them but I think Stones would prove different.

He did make a fair few errors that cost goals last season though, we'd accept it as part of his development but if Chelsea drop points because of him pushing for the title then every chance he'll find himself on the bench.

More filth from the Sun. IF he doesn't go, I'd love an explanation from the sports editors as to where they are getting these stories from. Its pretty disgusting the role they are actively playing in unsettling a talented young lad.

I disagree with others though, I don't think we should sell even if he hands in a transfer request. I've said it before, he has FOUR years left on his contract, what's the point in having long contracts if players can walk away from them at any time. If he wants to go, it should be explained to him that that will only happen if we are duly compensated for his potential value over the next four years. If not, sorry son but you just have to knuckle down and play for us. I find the idea of players sulking and not giving their all because they don't get their own way in a transfer ludicrous, the money they are on they should be uber professional at all times whoever they play for. And from what I can tell, Stones seems the sort who would take the knock back on the chin and get on with it like a professional.

This circus makes me glad Stones isn't on Twitter. Our fans might push him out, even though he's said nothing and appeared happy as could be while playing for us.

He will still be an Everton player after the window shuts.

Also, can you imagine the anger he'd feel at hearing blatant lies about him handing in a transfer request? It would put me off going anywhere, if I was considering it.

What fans would that be Joe? The vast majority if not all have said they want to keep hold of him varying fee's of what people would expect/want but they want to keep him all the same if possible

You seriously think what people say on social media could "push him out!?"

After the news of him "handing in a transfer request", there are plenty of idiots who think he should "fuck off, the greedy cunt". Fans believe the bullshit they read.

Stones, if he was on social media, would be seeing the things people say about him constantly, for better or for worse. I know he's a professional and yadda yadda yadda. But, the truth is that shit actually gets to people.

Edited by JoeQuince

After the news of him "handing in a transfer request", there are plenty of idiots who think he should "fuck off, the greedy cunt". Fans believe the bullshit they read.

Stones, if he was on social media, would be seeing the things people say about him constantly, for better or for worse. I know he's a professional and yadda yadda yadda. But, the truth is that shit actually gets to people.

Sorry Joe I got the wrong end of the stick mate thought you meant on here not slept since 13:30 yesterday so slightly tetchy

-_-

He's acted very professional so far I can't see him pushing it through. He's acted a lot more maturely than Lescott did

even more respect since he's so much younger than J-Lo was when City's money came calling.

That article still is just regurgitating the similar shit that the original claim came from; ie nothing

I have assumed that The Guardian might be a little more circumspect than others in its football coverage, including transfer rumors.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/21/everton-roberto-martinez-denies-john-stones-transfer-request

But the headline of this article is surely misleading, as it implies that Stones might want to hand in a transfer request, but that RM is quashing Stones's preference to leave. The actual article, however, does not cite anything RM has said about it being "too late." Rather, RM is quoted [as in many accounts] as saying he's "not at all" aware of any such request from Stones, and that Stones's situation is "exactly the same" as it has been. That is, Stones plays for Everton, will on Sunday, and will this season.

So how did the Guardian come up with that headline, and to what insidious purpose?