IGNORED

John Stones

It's all over Twitter tonight he wont be sold regardless and Everton players (Lukaku and Howard) have come out publicly over it. The Echo has a statement saying he WILL NOT hand in a transfer request and the good old daily mirror runs with he will hand one in. Absolute rag that piece of shit paper is.

This article helps clear up the mystery of the title of The Guardian article, which puzzled me in above post.

http://www.espnfc.us/everton/story/2574693/john-stones-will-not-be-sold-if-he-makes-transfer-request

For here, Roberto is in fact quoted as saying, "I think the situation has gone too far for any action to change it." [Other Roberto-speak lexiconary, which may be parsed in various ways, but I won't try just now.]. I can see the near-validity of The Guardian article's title. It's not that the title was misleading, but that the content of the article didn't fit, didn't substantiate the title.

As to what Roberto has in fact said, it does seem to me that he's handling a tricky situation pretty well. Whether or not Stones's "head has been turned," it's reasonable to assume he's aware of the talk about how badly both Chelsea and Man U want him. I'll assume Roberto and his teammates have spoken to Stones, along the lines of, "Play brilliantly for us this season, by the end of the transfer window we'll have an even stronger, potentially very strong squad, let's see whether we can surprise everyone and finish top 4. If we don't, you can think about your future calmly and carefully next May. Also, you know you'll play every match here, so that increases your chances at playing in the Euro qualifiers."

14:02

THOMMO: CAN TOFFEES TURN DOWN £30M?

Phil Thompson has questioned whether Everton should sell defender John Stones for £30m.

The Toffees have already knocked back several bids from Chelsea this summer and Thompson told Soccer Saturday: "For £30m I don’t think Everton can turn down that sort of money.

"He is a very good player...Everton should try to do a deal where they loan him back, that’s the ideal situation. (But) It shows they are weakening in their stance because they are looking at players who could come in now."

How can an ex-kopite give advice on this. Biased tit.

He just said Stones should stay with Everton who have massive potential. unless I'm reading it wrong.

Your missing the point...it's notbwhat he said but how he said it, and what he actually meant.

Basically if you read behind the lines he is saying that Stones needs to move to a bigger club and that he hates it at Goodison.

Learn to bloody read!

Your missing the point...it's notbwhat he said but how he said it, and what he actually meant.

Basically if you read behind the lines he is saying that Stones needs to move to a bigger club and that he hates it at Goodison.

Learn to bloody read!

Perhaps you could help improve my reading by explaining what notbwhat means?

Or you could learn to write correctly....

Thanks.

My dad was colour blind. He was a qualified (low level) referee and when he went for his interview/exam or whatever it was he asked the bloke who went in before him what coloured cards they'd shown him, ability to differentiate between kits being quite a useful part of the job. When they held up the cards he just guessed and got them right :lol:.

I don't think he was a very good ref in all honesty. but it kept him involved in the game when he couldn't play any more :).

Oh please stop... Romey's being sarcastic about last time Lukaku spoke to the media and a certain member (a jealous ex lover I think?!) made a mountain out of a mole hill in the way that only he can.

What Lukaku's said is very encouraging.

Of course it's great when our players come out sucking up to Chelsea stating they want to play for a big club like them half way through a shite season

Its also probably bullshit. Dont turn on Stones just because a dipshit journalist wants to create a story out of nothing.

Read it, its full of statements like "Stones will hand in his request this week"

How the hell would a journo know what Stones will do?

Edited by Peter H

These hacks will do anything to make a penny I wish the club could bring legal proceedings to these bottomfeeders for printing constant bullshit

I hope the club and John make a counter statement labeling it all nonsense, I'm sure we will hear something after today's game from Roberto saying as much