IGNORED

John Stones

He will not be sold this season imo. If he is to then 50 million is the magic figure for me.

I think next season will be the end of him as our player.

Funny we're all moaning with us lacking transfer activity but if we're in a position to turn stupid money down for him we're obviously in a much better position than some of us think.

Time will tell. Wouldn't be surprised if Sly sports are wrong and no bid has been made. Not like they haven't been wrong in past about our players is it.

Hope he does a 'Delph' and realises he's better learning his trade here.

If he REALLY progresses and becomes consistent, you can't hold him back but for now, he's much better getting another season or two under his belt.

Stones would play himself into that side within 6 months. If they offered Cahill in the deal I'll take it. When don't Chelsea get their man? Let's be realistic here. They aren't a micky mouse club like City.

I think they call this.....'perspective'

CKHKhY_UsAA7R34.jpg

His stats are higher but Terry and Cahill played almost twice as many games.

Would he have been as consistent if he played as many games?

Don't really buy into my own argument just trying to convince myself he's not going

And talking about perspective, "Blues boss Roberto Martinez is planning for a long-term future at Everton with Stones central to his plans." This is why I get frustrated with extreme comments about finishing 11th this past season. It will take two or three years to put all the pieces in place, but, with the spine of young players we're building, we could really build a new legacy over the next decade. John Stones is one of the keys, so I don't see any way he'll be sold. If I was RM, I'd tell the board "sell him and I leave." It's one of those times when you put your job on the line.

And talking about perspective, "Blues boss Roberto Martinez is planning for a long-term future at Everton with Stones central to his plans." This is why I get frustrated with extreme comments about finishing 11th this past season. It will take two or three years to put all the pieces in place, but, with the spine of young players we're building, we could really build a new legacy over the next decade. John Stones is one of the keys, so I don't see any way he'll be sold. If I was RM, I'd tell the board "sell him and I leave." It's one of those times when you put your job on the line.

bingo. I'd go so far as to say 5 years to transform a businesses approach. Unfortunately, the football business is not largely noted for it being a patient business.

That would make quite a few on here very happy. Not the selling Stones part but the RM resignation.

I'm in the not-at-any-price camp fwiw.

That would make quite a few on here very happy. Not the selling Stones part but the RM resignation.

I'm in the not-at-any-price camp fwiw.

In addition to this mike, i would think the board wouldn't be arsed. if he resigned his salary would be off the books and they wouldn't be on the hook. obviously they'd like to keep him and hope he replicates the first season's success, but i don't think that tactic would be as beneficial with this club as it would elsewhere. no knock on us, but he doesn't have the resume/experience to be pulling that move at this stage of his career.

In addition to this mike, i would think the board wouldn't be arsed. if he resigned his salary would be off the books and they wouldn't be on the hook. obviously they'd like to keep him and hope he replicates the first season's success, but i don't think that tactic would be as beneficial with this club as it would elsewhere. no knock on us, but he doesn't have the resume/experience to be pulling that move at this stage of his career.

Am I going mad? I have no clue what your point is there (after the first sentence).

Am I going mad? I have no clue what your point is there (after the first sentence).

to be or not to be, that is the question.... lol

If I was RM, I'd tell the board "sell him and I leave."

you highlighted that. i was expressing that if he did do that it wouldn't matter, because he doesn't have the resume to make those demands and if he did leave he would void another 4 years in payments he is contracted to receive whether he is still with us or is let go. he would be MAD to make a demand like that.

to be or not to be, that is the question.... lol

If I was RM, I'd tell the board "sell him and I leave."

you highlighted that. i was expressing that if he did do that it wouldn't matter, because he doesn't have the resume to make those demands and if he did leave he would void another 4 years in payments he is contracted to receive whether he is still with us or is let go. he would be MAD to make a demand like that.

Now I get your point, but I don't agree with it.

why? you think he could make the demand and his resume and body of work would warrant the board giving in to his demands?

Martinez is the boards only buffer to disgruntled fans. If Martinez makes that demand and they go ahead and sell Stones and Martinez makes that demand known publicly then the board are fucked. Well and truly fucked. The fans will be in uproar and they will turn on the board in a big way. They won't let that happen.

I'm not sure if it's been posted or linked as I've not been through the thread but it said on SSN before Stones issued a statement saying he's basically staying put at this fantastic club and is looking forward to learning from the likes of Jags and isn't going anywhere and is happy here

Not concrete evidence he's going nowhere but it bodes well and I'd expect him to be here for this season

Edited by EFC-Paul

I'm not sure if it's been posted or linked as I've not been through the thread but it said on SSN before Stones issued a statement saying he's basically staying put at this fantastic club and is looking forward to learning from the likes of Jags and isn't going anywhere and is happy here

Not concrete evidence he's going nowhere but it bodes well and I'd expect him to be here for this season

That was before the reported bid.

That was before the reported bid.

Why would he issue the statement? Just due to the reported interest?

I only saw they had bid during the interview regarding the statement made by Stones it doesn't make much sense to issue that before any bid was made

Stones and the club would obviously know about any serious interest or bids before the likes of SSN so I'd personally take it he issued it after any bid was made

Edited by EFC-Paul

Why would he issue the statement? Just due to the reported interest?

I only saw they had bid during the interview regarding the statement made by Stones it doesn't make much sense to issue that before any bid was made

Stones and the club would obviously know about any serious interest or bids before the likes of SSN so I'd personally take it he issued it after any bid was made

if he did, how dare he speak to the press! What a dick!