IGNORED

John Stones

Sorry, man. I don't mean to seem like I'm on the attack. I don't mean to single you out so often either. We're both in the U.S. and seem to post at the same time, so your posts end up being the ones I reply to. More than anything, I'm just fed up with my fellow Evertonians having this "lie down and take it" mentality regarding our club's seemingly inevitable fall from grace and other clubs' right to having our players. I'm all for healthy criticisms of our club. I just find that the spirit behind many criticisms to be defeatist rather than supportive in a fight against the grain and against the common sense that we should just let others dominate us and tell us the way it is. I see too much shame. This is Everton, goddammit. Fuck them all!

This obviously isn't in reference to the Zouma thing. But, seriously, clubs need to show some class. Don't talk about our fucking players. Don't try to woo our players unless we've accepted a bid and given you permission to speak with them.

no problem man, i know you have good intentions. and yes i work in a cube in an office so i'm on here a lot (probably too much) :guns:

A statement of intent by everton would be to get Stones, McCarthy and Barkley in together and structure their contracts to appease any need for them to have their heads turned.

Why don't we put in spanish esque release clauses of £75m - that will eradicate the need to have this nonsense of low bids etc etc,

It's strange isn't it.... There seems to be no interest in Barkley at all. 12 months ago he's the one who I'd thought we'd struggle to keep hold of this season. Blessing in disguise? I hope the lad kicks on because it would be really sore if he left more than anyone else.

never said he wouldn't, just said he's not up to that ability now. Joe calm down lad, it's an online forum, people can have opinions and beliefs other than yours. no need for vaulting, i'm not here to win arguments, just chat and share my opinion (no matter how right or wrong it is).

Hahaha this is brilliant!!!! The scouse lingo has rubbed off on mark (the yank)! Class!

It's strange isn't it.... There seems to be no interest in Barkley at all. 12 months ago he's the one who I'd thought we'd struggle to keep hold of this season. Blessing in disguise? I hope the lad kicks on because it would be really sore if he left more than anyone else.

If he does kick on this year we'll most likely have the same situation happening with Barkley that we currently have with Stones.

Hahaha this is brilliant!!!! The scouse lingo has rubbed off on mark (the yank)! Class!

Funny you say that. I always thought Mark was American, but I noticed him using scouse lingo lately.

You been at these, Mark?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Talk-Proper-Liverpool-Yerself-Scouse/dp/090136701X

Bought some for my wife, dead funny watching her at first but tell you what, her accent hasn't half come on

lol. all the scousers have been wearing off on me. also sometimes the scouse way just sounds the best. i especially like "have a word with yourself" and adding the word "like" on the end of sentences. seems like a good book like, thanks matt :rofl:

Edited by markjazzbassist

Mourinho is getting really annoyed with this! He wants the player desperately. He's literally tapping him up through the media. If they want him so bad they need to pay the premium. Hopefully United or City come in for him as well. I just can't see us keeping hold of him with the vultures circling and the lure if money and trophies.

He's with a really strange agent as well is Stones. He has the same agent as Ivanovic so surely there's the link between our player and Chelsea. Stones is the only well know English player with that agency.

We are a smaller club

in what sense? Money? yeah sure but as Martin Sheen said in wall street:- "What you see is a man who never measured a man's success by the size of his wallet."

If Roman left and Chelsea got relegated and went to divison 2 lets just say in the way Man City did, how many fans do you think would go the game? I'd guess 10,000-15,000.

If we went to division 2 we would get 25,000+ in the way Man City did.

You see that the beautiful thing about being an Evertonian, the fans behave in a reverse manner. When the chips are down we stand together. I have been more motivated to go to the games when "the side needs us" - when we are struggling and when the team needs the 12th man.

We aren't the sort to stand taking selfies when Barcelona are in town (not that we have had that opportunity)

People like Mourinho seem to forget what makes a club big and this is why I am falling out of love with the game.

We are a smaller club

Certainly to a twenty-one year old - we have been miles behind the likes of Chelsea in his life-time. I'm sure our history has been embedded into the squad but the younger lads will have experienced Man U, Citeh, Arse, RS and Chelsea winning things without us getting a look in!

If Roman left and Chelsea got relegated and went to divison 2 lets just say in the way Man City did, how many fans do you think would go the game? I'd guess 10,000-15,000.

Size of the club isn't matchday support anymore, it's worldwide. I believe this picture tells a tale...

https://twitter.com/thickacc/status/622826424894820352

The fact is that Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea blow us out of the water with their global fanbase.

Size of the club isn't matchday support anymore, it's worldwide. I believe this picture tells a tale...

https://twitter.com/thickacc/status/622826424894820352

The fact is that Man U, Man C, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea blow us out of the water with their global fanbase.

Love this picture. Why? Because our 'stand' has even borrowed the Arsenal Merch. Stand employees. Yep. Wearing Arsnal shirts in our Merch stand.

As nice as history is the only thing that matters is the here and now. And, in the here and now we're nothing.

This.

We're non-fashionable.

No longer financially competitive.

Trophy-less.

Small fry compared to the SKY4(5).

That goes for the likes of Newcastle and Villa too. There's no doubt we should be in the company of these.

Tiers IMO (Based on my opinion, not gaining evidence to suggest otherwise but including factors like successes, fan base, Stadium, International recognition, geographical location) Not in any particular order in each tier, but from top to bottom - highest to lowest.

Manchester United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Liverpoo

Tottenham

Everton

Newcastle

Aston Villa

Stoke

West Ham

Southampton

Sunderland

Swansea

West Brom

Crystal Palace

Norwich

Leicester

Watford

Bournemouth

in what sense? Money? yeah sure but as Martin Sheen said in wall street:- "What you see is a man who never measured a man's success by the size of his wallet."

If we went to division 2 we would get 25,000+ in the way Man City did.

You see that the beautiful thing about being an Evertonian, the fans behave in a reverse manner. When the chips are down we stand together. I have been more motivated to go to the games when "the side needs us" - when we are struggling and when the team needs the 12th man.

We aren't the sort to stand taking selfies when Barcelona are in town (not that we have had that opportunity)

People like Mourinho seem to forget what makes a club big and this is why I am falling out of love with the game.

In every sense of the word

We have a more illustrious history but that's all it is history, would you say Preston North End are bigger than Man City?

They have

More money

Bigger & better squad

Bigger and better stadium

Bigger fan base

Bigger wage budget

Bigger world wide appeal

Bigger commercially

Play on a bigger stage ( CL, something we will never do)

More prospect of winning trophies

Can attract players we can only dream about

Love this picture. Why? Because our 'stand' has even borrowed the Arsenal Merch. Stand employees. Yep. Wearing Arsnal shirts in our Merch stand.

This.

We're non-fashionable.

No longer financially competitive.

Trophy-less.

Small fry compared to the SKY4(5).

That goes for the likes of Newcastle and Villa too. There's no doubt we should be in the company of these.

Tiers IMO (Based on my opinion, not gaining evidence to suggest otherwise but including factors like successes, fan base, Stadium, International recognition, geographical location) Not in any particular order in each tier, but from top to bottom - highest to lowest.

Manchester United

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Liverpoo

Tottenham

Everton

Newcastle

Aston Villa

Stoke

West Ham

Southampton

Sunderland

Swansea

West Brom

Crystal Palace

Norwich

Leicester

Watford

Bournemouth

I would move Stoke , West Ham and Southampton into our tier

Id move city and Chelsea in worth Spurs, however they are marketing themselves well. As they have a poor showing on home soil. City have lost a lot of fansand struggle to fill the stadium and the Chelsea brigade are the worst away fans in the league.