3 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I think he has proved everyone wrong , myself included

I was desperate for us to sign Mina and now I find myself gutted that he is getting a game next week

Not me always said any defender would have struggled playing in our team last season. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier about that. 

He still needs to up his physicality a bit. Thought a few times he lost out to Murray when he shouldn’t have.

All in all, he’s come on leaps and bounds.

8 hours ago, Btay said:

He still needs to up his physicality a bit. Thought a few times he lost out to Murray when he shouldn’t have.

All in all, he’s come on leaps and bounds.

He did loose a couple, but he also won some that he didn't look like winning, and last season  he would have been nowhere near the ball.

He looks 100% more confident than he did  at the start of the season .

I think If you read what Keane has said himself he struggled last year and probably tried to hard to impress when he wasn’t fit. He seems a confidence player and he is playing really well. If we can get Zouma permanently we have four top centre backs 

He's had a good start to the season, he has rarely lost an aerial challenge over the last few weeks (could be longer, I've only noticed over the last few home games) and seems a lot more settled on the ball, he has stopped trying those silly flicks forward and plays a nice simple passes. Glad he is proving a lot of people wrong (including me)

Yep proved me wrong too - I really hated him last season and was very judgmental on his ability. Glad he is showing the level he should have been and that is one less position to worry about strengthening. I will say however that I can see Zouma being our best cb this season and hope we go all out for him. Shows great composure on the ball and has tidier feet and passing than he is credited for.

Imagine this.... the thinking fans forum has posters who are able to say they were wrong.

Don't get me wrong.... Keane was that poor that I didn't see a player there at all.  It wasn't that I was missing something.... He genuinely was playing shit.

He along with Silva deserves massive credit for the turnaround.  

A great story unfolds. 

14 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

I feel bad for dissing him. He was a victim of the 2 previous managers.Respect to him for his application and Silva for encouraging him.

Me too, and most of us who are capable of a balanced discussion.

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Imagine this.... the thinking fans forum has posters who are able to say they were wrong.

Don't get me wrong.... Keane was that poor that I didn't see a player there at all.  It wasn't that I was missing something.... He genuinely was playing shit.

He along with Silva deserves massive credit for the turnaround.  

A great story unfolds. 

He was poor, left out to dry by bad managers and change of partners too often, along with a team without confidence.

This season we see a team with ever increasing confidence throughout, long may it continue please.

11 minutes ago, Wiggytop said:

Me too, and most of us who are capable of a balanced discussion.

He was poor, left out to dry by bad managers and change of partners too often, along with a team without confidence.

This season we see a team with ever increasing confidence throughout, long may it continue please.

Nah fuck that.... I said he was shite so I need to look for any small issue I can find to call him the worst player I've ever seen in a blue shirt.   

How many goals has he scored? How many assists has he got?.... I couldn't care that his job is to defend.... let's get Chris brunt in.... 

19 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Nah fuck that.... I said he was shite so I need to look for any small issue I can find to call him the worst player I've ever seen in a blue shirt.   

How many goals has he scored? How many assists has he got?.... I couldn't care that his job is to defend.... let's get Chris brunt in.... 

How pathetic are you. 

45 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think over the last month he’s probably been our best player. He’s even looking good on the ball now. 

yeah i saw him stride out with the ball and cross the center line and play a forward pass i thought to myself wow he's confident now, great to see.

11 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

yeah i saw him stride out with the ball and cross the center line and play a forward pass i thought to myself wow he's confident now, great to see.

He did, few weeks ago it would have just been lumped forward or a soft sideways pass.

His movement on the ball was always there for me, he has always had the skill. he was sluggish, off the pace clearly and I always put it down to a team imploding, too much change too quick etc, but reading about his injuries explains so much too. Made up for him and us. 

Was critical of him last season as well.  Certainly regarding pace and some times positioning.  This season he seems healthier and more confident.  Can imagine any of us would feel more comfortable next to Zouma compared to Williams.  Been really impressed with Zouma but whew Williams was really poor last season, ha.

Glad to see Keane get a call up as well.  Should hopefully push him even further and help him / us all forget about last season.  Kind of shocked how we have gone from CB being a problem position to having a selection problem (between Zouma, Keane, Mina) in just one year.  Well done Brands.

Any one else concerned that he is turning crap again?

Week after week he is making several small mistakes and now our backs are against the wall he is weaker and less aggressive, almost as if the doubts are creeping in.

Dont get me wrong, he is nowhere near as bad as last season but when your in a hole you need leaders and he is weak.

He's just an average mid-table defender. Has his ups and downs in his form, but with him in our lineup we will never ever break in top 6, if that's still our long term ambition. Yet I'm not sure where we are looking at.

10 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Week after week he is making several small mistakes and now our backs are against the wall he is weaker and less aggressive, almost as if the doubts are creeping in.

Dont get me wrong, he is nowhere near as bad as last season but when your in a hole you need leaders and he is weak.

He's not good enough. I'm not going to revert to the Pete0 school of dedicating my life to proving it to everyone else but I've never been convinced by him, his reading of the game and concentration are suspect for me and you can't affird that in a CB at the top level. 

12 minutes ago, Bailey said:

I don't think he ever turned good he just set the bar so low last year he's had a bit of leeway this year for putting in below-average performances as we know how dogshit he can be. 

Only game I can think were he's looked good enough and that was against Brighton. Had Murray in his pocket beat him for strength and aggression. 

One of three players that need replacing for us to look more like a team. 

5 hours ago, pete0 said:

I don't think he ever turned good he just set the bar so low last year he's had a bit of leeway this year for putting in below-average performances as we know how dogshit he can be. 

Only game I can think were he's looked good enough and that was against Brighton. Had Murray in his pocket beat him for strength and aggression. 

One of three players that need replacing for us to look more like a team. 

I don't know about that, I thought he was playing very well for a good spell of games but since the mistake in the Leicester game he has started to unravel and more mistakes and indecision are creeping in again. 

Why was Walcott playing yesterday anyway? It was my lads birthday so I wasn’t paying much attention I’m that apathetic lately. Got like that under the last four managers. I remember posting on this site when he was born! Nine years ago !! Fuck me where does the time go? 

On 25/12/2017 at 10:43, Romey 1878 said:

He's been fine the past few games, Shukes. He's still not good enough long-term, but while he's solid I can cope with him until we get a better player in.

On 28/07/2018 at 20:10, Romey 1878 said:

Was going to post similar myself. 

I wanted him here and have always backed him to come good, but I’m forced to concede that it’s just not going to happen. 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

What idiot made him feel like he belongs, he’s far too slow and hasn’t got the ability to read the game and position himself to make up for his lack of pace, very average player and not welcome in any team with designs of top 6. 

? he's been our best defender this season by a mile.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Now you've demonstrated you can count, can you go through the alphabet too?

He has to take his socks off when he gets past ten though:lol:.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Now you've demonstrated you can count, can you go through the alphabet too?

I certainly can I hadn’t finished counting I was busy at work, but I’ll send you 3 and 4 later if you like, strange you down vote what I’ve said when you have pretty much been saying the same thing yourself. 

Do you suffer from memory loss or are you just a hypocrite. 

36 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

what i meant he's been our best central defender this year.  

Indeed. He was very good beginning of the season then took a dip along with the whole team but still miles better than any other defender (Digne aside)

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

Indeed. He was very good beginning of the season then took a dip along with the whole team but still miles better than any other defender (Digne aside)

yeah a lot better than zouma mina and jags.  hes been very consistent this year when last year he was shaky.  he's been worth his price this year for me.

1 hour ago, markjazzbassist said:

what i meant he's been our best central defender this year.  

Sorry mate not a mind reader 😉 he may well have been but that just highlights how poor we are in that department, I’ll quote Romey when he said “ When are Everton supporters going to stop accepting second best “ which I totally agree with. 

1 minute ago, markjazzbassist said:

honestly he's better than chelsea's centerbacks.  id put him ahead of both of united centre backs as well.  arsenal too.  i don't think he's  better than VVD but i'd put him top 5 CB in the league.  

Keane?! He’s improved massively but he’d only make top 10 for me

Just now, Matt said:

Keane?! He’s improved massively but he’d only make top 10 for me

honestly who's better.  VVD, Vertonghen, Alderwiereld, Otamendi, maybe Laporte?  other than that i don't know who i would put above him.  i'm trying to be fair and honest here, but the United CB are shit, arsenal, chelsea, non-vvd shite, i can't think of many that are really that good.

I think he has come on a ton in the last six months. He seems to have got into his stride and believes in himself. Let’s hope it continues. The jury is out on Mina and Zouma will go back to Chelsea so we deffo need another centre back 

4 hours ago, Palfy said:

I certainly can I hadn’t finished counting I was busy at work, but I’ll send you 3 and 4 later if you like, strange you down vote what I’ve said when you have pretty much been saying the same thing yourself. 

Do you suffer from memory loss or are you just a hypocrite. 

Here’s the thing, Palf, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I wanted Keane here and thought he’d be great for us. I was disappointed that it looked like he was in more than just bad form and was looking like a bad signing, hence the comments you posted. But this season, for the most part, he’s been the player I thought we’d signed in the first place. 

21 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Here’s the thing, Palf, if you go back far enough you’ll see that I wanted Keane here and thought he’d be great for us. I was disappointed that it looked like he was in more than just bad form and was looking like a bad signing, hence the comments you posted. But this season, for the most part, he’s been the player I thought we’d signed in the first place. 

I can understand that but I haven’t seen you post that so I was pissed off 😡 to get a down vote from someone without an explanation who had been posting similar and agreeing with others who had posted similar posts. 

Other forums don’t have a dislike and you can see why it stops this sort of bullshit, as far as I’m concerned I was totally justified in pulling you for double standards. 

44 minutes ago, StevO said:

Is anyone really that upset to get a down vote? To me it’s just the same as saying I disagree, the same as an up vote being that I agree. 

Some people do, and please don’t get upset 😢 by my down vote, as Tall Paul highlighted some months ago he wasn’t in a very good place and it was getting to him, not everyone is as tough and hard as you and Mike Steve, now what pissed me off with Rom was as I explained was the hypocrisy. 

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Some people do, and please don’t get upset 😢 by my down vote, as Tall Paul highlighted some months ago he wasn’t in a very good place and it was getting to him, not everyone is as tough and hard as you and Mike Steve, now what pissed me off with Rom was as I explained was the hypocrisy. 

I don't think it's hypocritical to change your opinion of a player if he improves or deteriorates is it? It's a bit more daft to have a default opinion on someone and never waver from that opinion whatever his form surely.