IGNORED

Michael Keane

13 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Whilst he was better in general play, he was still largely responsible for two big chances against us and he missed a sitter at the other end.

That isn'ttt what I would describe as a "quality" or "excellent" performance.

From my seat at goodison he looked very good. Coco was responsable for most of the chances we conceded. 

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

But our scouts and England scouts rated/rate him ahead of Mee.

Is this your new whipping boy while Gana is injured? You always seem to need one:lol:.

Shhhh... stop!!! peteO knows exactly what he’s doing  - he said Harry Kane was shite and he’s going on to break all sorts of records in 2017... so Keane being our worst ever signing really means he’ll be winning the Ballon d’or next year.

6 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

The problem is he was being asked to do things he isn’t comfortable with and his confidence was totally shot as a result

Like defend and play football. He was tied in mid knots than a lead scout on stand. 

6 hours ago, London Blue said:

Quality performance from the lad yesterday, so assured, won some great tackles and headers. Looked more the player we thought we signed. 

Said no one during the match or motm thread... People questioned how he was Sky's motm. Mad what reputation can do for yer. 

5 hours ago, MikeO said:

But our scouts and England scouts rated/rate him ahead of Mee.

Is this your new whipping boy while Gana is injured? You always seem to need one:lol:.

When I started following football they neglected Dave Watson yet picked Martin Keown. Their selection policy is still just as poor. Warnock over Baines, Hart over anyone (he's never even been close to being the best keeper in the country), Jordan Henderson CAPTAIN! Danny Mills, that shit RB at Liverpool Glenn someone (I cba googling his name), Welbeck on the wing, Gerrard at the last World Cup, Carragher, Butt, Solanke.. basically anyone from the top 6.

Keane was flavour of the month, amazing what good press gets you. Just look at Stones, no minutes at the WC to first choice without playing a game for City but the papers changing their writings on him. 

When I started following football they neglected Dave Watson yet picked Martin Keown. Their selection policy is still just as poor. Warnock over Baines, Hart over anyone (he's never even been close to being the best keeper in the country), Jordan Henderson CAPTAIN! Danny Mills, that shit RB at Liverpool Glenn someone (I cba googling his name), Welbeck on the wing, Gerrard at the last World Cup, Carragher, Butt, Solanke.. basically anyone from the top 6.
Keane was flavour of the month, amazing what good press gets you. Just look at Stones, no minutes at the WC to first choice without playing a game for City but the papers changing their writings on him. 

I’m guessing that means a yes to mike’s question then !

I loved Dave Watson but Keown was light years better. Interesting comparison though because I reckon Keane is a Watson style defender who was asked to do a Stones type job

8 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I’m guessing that means a yes to mike’s question then !

I loved Dave Watson but Keown was light years better. Interesting comparison though because I reckon Keane is a Watson style defender who was asked to do a Stones type job

Doubt he'll be the team. I've not said much positive about Keane since before he joined the club, not a whipping boy, just simply not good enough. Gana is energetic, but without purpose. Nothing going forward and defensively wins the ball only to them concede possession. Waste of a place in the team. 

I doubt many would have sold Watson instead. Don't think we've ever managed to replace him yet. Whereas we've had many Keown. The last bit makes no sense to me, Keane has no where near the grit of Watson. He's a gentle giant. 

Doubt he'll be the team. I've not said much positive about Keane since before he joined the club, not a whipping boy, just simply not good enough. Gana is energetic, not without purpose. Nothing going forward and defensively wins the ball only to them concede possession. Waste of a place in the team. 
I doubt many would have sold Watson instead. Don't think we've ever managed to replace him yet. Whereas we've had many Keown. The last bit makes no sense to me, Keane has no where near the grit of Watson. He's a gentle giant. 

We have extremely different views on football!

7 minutes ago, pete0 said:

He's a gentle giant. 

That’s the difference between him and Williams. The latter is aggressive, biting into tackles, on the front foot, and getting across that front post. Keane is the opposite, he seems happier dropping off and he isn’t physical enough at times. It could be a confidence thing because I don' remember him being like that at Burnley.

1 minute ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

We have extremely different views on football!

In the 90s Watson and Weir set a standard for me as what to expect from a centre half. I'm unsure how much older you are than me but before that we were successful in the 80s so I assume you must be close to 50 at least and saw some shite for us in the past. I have a similar opinion on keepers with Big Nev and Martyn setting a bar, so far only Pickford has come close in that position. 

In the 90s Watson and Weir set a standard for me as what to expect from a centre half. I'm unsure how much older you are than me but before that we were successful in the 80s so I assume you must be close to 50 at least and saw some shite for us in the past. I have a similar opinion on keepers with Big Nev and Martyn setting a bar, so far only Pickford has come close in that position. 

You got my age spot on and so yes I have seen a lot of shite , nothing as bad as this season though, but I’ve also had the privilege of watching the most successful side in the clubs history

Agree on the keepers, however even though Tim Howard never reached those heights he was still a very good keeper for nearly a decade

15 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

You got my age spot on and so yes I have seen a lot of shite , nothing as bad as this season though, but I’ve also had the privilege of watching the most successful side in the clubs history

Agree on the keepers, however even though Tim Howard never reached those heights he was still a very good keeper for nearly a decade

We agree to disagree but agree a little sort of aha.

I'll not argue (for any further for once/since it's Christmas), so on that sort of neutral I'll say Merry Christmas Dunc; merry Christmas TT 🎅 

9 hours ago, pete0 said:

Like defend and play football. He was tied in mid knots than a lead scout on stand. 

Said no one during the match or motm thread... People questioned how he was Sky's motm. Mad what reputation can do for yer. 

I was at the match and saw his performance first hand. Keane put in a very good shift and looked a quality player.  I was too busy watching and enjoying being at Goodison to be posting.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's been fine the past few games, Shukes. He's still not good enough long-term, but while he's solid I can cope with him until we get a better player in.

Not good enough... I though I cast that out well.

No I agree with you. He isn’t what we want, but he is good enough until we get better.

On Keane. He doesn’t look strong or aggressive enough for me. He gets bullied and holds off against certain opponents. Remember him against Lukaku last year.... it reminded me off players running alongside Messi without putting a foot in.

8 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

He's been fine the past few games, Shukes. He's still not good enough long-term, but while he's solid I can cope with him until we get a better player in.

He was aweful against Chelsea, his poor positioning and defensive frailties ment that Siggy was limited going forward as he had to cover Coco. 

Just now, Shukes said:

Not good enough... I though I cast that out well.

No I agree with you. He isn’t what we want, but he is good enough until we get better.

On Keane. He doesn’t look strong or aggressive enough for me. He gets bullied and holds off against certain opponents. Remember him against Lukaku last year.... it reminded me off players running alongside Messi without putting a foot in.

I agree that he hasn't been aggressive enough, that definitely needs to improve, but I think there's enough to work with in him and Allardyce will hopefully get the potential out of him.

My biggest worry with him is his body language and the fact he seems a big shit house. Turning his back on crosses and shots, doesn’t seem to want to put a hair out of place and moping about. I was hoping Allerdyce would grab him by his ear and twist it out of shape a bit and butt him and tell him to get his fucking poncey finger out of his pretty boy arse. He’s a centre half not a winger the little fairy.

3 minutes ago, Paddock said:

My biggest worry with him is his body language and the fact he seems a big shit house. Turning his back on crosses and shots, doesn’t seem to want to put a hair out of place and moping about. I was hoping Allerdyce would grab him by his ear and twist it out of shape a bit and butt him and tell him to get his fucking poncey finger out of his pretty boy arse. He’s a centre half not a winger the little fairy.

He's more astro boy, other than that I agree. Here's hoping Crystal Palace want him and give us our fee back as they did for the kopites flops. 

1 hour ago, aaron said:

Struggling for form isn'ttt he. Think Haf has it right there, needs a solid CB pairing, I still think he will come good, but right now he needs to be left out the starting line up.

agreed i think he will become a solid player.

1 hour ago, Blueherts said:

By playing him and holgate with the old folks week in week out we're just wasting valuable time. They need to learn to play together soon. And fast.

agree as well, holgate and keane should be the pairing, get the future going now.