IGNORED

Michael Keane

2 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

proves my point, he's pushing them too hard, he drives the fitness and conditioning not the players.  

I have read half a dozen articles and I havent seen comments about fitness only sessions. Hard and high intensity training sessions yes (confirmed by Davies), but not pure fitness work. Lambert mentioned doing horse shoes before starting the real training (and also claimed it broke him) and Walker has said the training would break older players but I haven't read anything about fitness only work during the season (yet).

I have seen one article from Poch around X-mas saying that it was down to the fitness and conditioning coaches to maintain their levels from thereon in but again there was no description of what it was. 

Either way that is one coach, who at last count hasnt won anything recently, and one whose teams have faded at the business end of the season. Its widely regarded as not being the norm given the amount of articles on it. I said it sounded like madness and it would seem that his players and at least 1 actual fitness coach agrees.

• 2 weeks later...

So slow!!! I’m wondering if Burnley may try and give him an escape route with a cheeky low bid - they want Mawson but Swansea will be looking for £30m - I just think they may test us with a £15m odd bid with add-ons. I’m so disappointed with Keane - for me, he was the perfect signing last summer - I still want him to succeed here but I’m getting less confident every time he steps onto the pitch.

30 minutes ago, patto said:

The goal came from Tom Davies losing the ball in midfield which he had done on 3/4 times previously but we got away with it beforehand.

Tom Davies won't and should not escape criticism but him giving the ball away doesn't mean Keane shouldn't escape criticism for not doing his job well. 

Keane is a big worry. Struggles with concentration and mobility and quite frankly we need to get someone in to replace him. 

4 hours ago, patto said:

The goal came from Tom Davies losing the ball in midfield which he had done on 3/4 times previously but we got away with it beforehand.

3 hours ago, hafnia said:

Tom Davies won't and should not escape criticism but him giving the ball away doesn't mean Keane shouldn't escape criticism for not doing his job well. 

Keane is a big worry. Struggles with concentration and mobility and quite frankly we need to get someone in to replace him. 

Davies was played into a trap by Schneiderlin. Davies back to goal, and clearly no shout and given no passing options. Easy pickings for the opposition defender. You can argue he should have help onto the ball longer maybe but he was sold into a corner by his "team mate".

Both Baines and Keane should have cleared that through ball but IMO Schneiderlin is far more culpable than Davies. That isn'tt the pass of a team mate who is thinking of the bigger picture, he doesn't even move to give him an angle straight away the selfish prick.

https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-07-22-fcporto-everton

41 minutes ago, Bailey said:

Davies was played into a trap by Schneiderlin. Davies back to goal, and clearly no shout and given no passing options. Easy pickings for the opposition defender. You can argue he should have help onto the ball longer maybe but he was sold into a corner by his "team mate".

Both Baines and Keane should have cleared that through ball but IMO Schneiderlin is far more culpable than Davies. That isn'ttt the pass of a team mate who is thinking of the bigger picture, he doesn't even move to give him an angle straight away the selfish prick.

https://www.ngolos.com/videos/2018-07-22-fcporto-everton

It actually looks like Baines slows up his run there to allow the through ball to pass as if it would trip him otherwise. Strange.

2 hours ago, nyblue23 said:

It actually looks like Baines slows up his run there to allow the through ball to pass as if it would trip him otherwise. Strange.

Im not sure what they did, maybe leave it to each other? 

I think that was Baines' only real mistake whereas Keane made a handful, and that was the 2nd of 3rd that led to a chance on goal.

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Im not sure what they did, maybe leave it to each other? 

I think that was Baines' only real mistake whereas Keane made a handful, and that was the 2nd of 3rd that led to a chance on goal.

Plus it went through Stek's legs, Jordan would've saved it nineteen times out of twenty.

1 hour ago, MikeO said:

Plus it went through Stek's legs, Jordan would've saved it nineteen times out of twenty.

Very true too. Not even sure what he was trying to do. He looked scared of the ball hitting him in the face rather than try and keep the ball out.

I was so wrong about Keane... he looks such a liability. We 100% need at least 2 centre backs - maybe keep Jags as back-up but have Holgate and 2 new signings playing for the starting positions. He looks completely clueless - I think his confidence was a factor why he didn’t ever get a chance at Man U - he seemed to get that sorted at Burnley but to be honest now I’d be happy just to get shut of him as I don’t see how he can succeed here.

Problem with Keane is that he won’t ever bust a gut or put his body on the line.

Jags.... would always jump in front of trains, never give up, and throw his body in front of lost causes. 

Watching a few goals today, I couldn’t understand why Keane didn’t slide to block shots? He just jogs alongside them admiring their talent.

Dyche implements a disciplined and very successful low block.

They work very very well as a team and dont have to rely on key individual performances defensively, as much as everyone chipping in a defending as a unit.

The position themselves well and rely on blocks from shots outside the box and headers.This, ultimately makes players look better than they actually are when the whole team is performing well to this task.

Keane was expected to do far less at Burnley than he is at Everton. He was never a good enough player to come to Everton and he never will be. It was a stupid signing and one of many which has set us back.

20 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I was so wrong about Keane... he looks such a liability. We 100% need at least 2 centre backs - maybe keep Jags as back-up but have Holgate and 2 new signings playing for the starting positions. He looks completely clueless - I think his confidence was a factor why he didn’t ever get a chance at Man U - he seemed to get that sorted at Burnley but to be honest now I’d be happy just to get shut of him as I don’t see how he can succeed here.

Was going to post similar myself. 

I wanted him here and have always backed him to come good, but I’m forced to concede that it’s just not going to happen. 

31 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Problem with Keane is that he won’t ever bust a gut or put his body on the line.

Jags.... would always jump in front of trains, never give up, and throw his body in front of lost causes. 

Watching a few goals today, I couldn’t understand why Keane didn’t slide to block shots? He just jogs alongside them admiring their talent.

I couldnt understand that either. Positionally he has been better under Silva but now more pressure is on him because of how we want to play, he just makes mistakes. 

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Was going to post similar myself. 

I wanted him here and have always backed him to come good, but I’m forced to concede that it’s just not going to happen. 

Let's give Silva a chance to work with him I'm sure there's a decent player in him, this season's friendlies have been more about looking at players, we haven't put out a decent midfield yet which doesn't help the defence or attack.

But I do agree from what we've seen he looks very suspect.

7 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Let's give Silva a chance to work with him I'm sure there's a decent player in him, this season's friendlies have been more about looking at players, we haven't put out a decent midfield yet which doesn't help the defence or attack.

But I do agree from what we've seen he looks very suspect.

What would you say was a decent midfield?

35 minutes ago, Paddock said:

What would you say was a decent midfield?

Well after tonight Pad we haven't got one to call on in this squad by the looks of it, but next game I'd try Besic Davies and Gylfi with Walcott wide right and Richarlison left, but to be honest I don't mind admitting it I'm totally at a loss with this club at the moment I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, I truly believe this is the worst football Everton have played that I can remember, I've gone past being depressed I'm emotionally beginning to feel dead and don't give a fuck about them anymore and that's not right.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well after tonight Pad we haven't got one to call on in this squad by the looks of it, but next game I'd try Besic Davies and Gylfi with Walcott wide right and Richarlison left, but to be honest I don't mind admitting it I'm totally at a loss with this club at the moment I really can't see any light at the end of the tunnel, I truly believe this is the worst football Everton have played that I can remember, I've gone past being depressed I'm emotionally beginning to feel dead and don't give a fuck about them anymore and that's not right.

Glad you answered it that way because we genuinely don’t seem to have one. This is the 4th manager who has now blayed with 2 defensive midfielders and it doesn’t work for us with the players we have. Maybe buying a new more dynamic defensive mid and pairing him with Gana or Schneiderlin it will nut those two don’t- especially in front of 2 static central defenders. I don’t think Besic or Davies are the answer nor Siguardson in midfield. I’m also at a loss because our midfield seems pointless from a defensive point of view and an attacking one.

I’ll judge him when he is playing competitive games. How many times have we seen players score a hat trick in a friendly and we think they are great until the real games start. I think it has to work both ways. Everyone has looked crap in the friendlies. Today was the closest to a starting team I’ve seen. 

In terms of the midfield in front of them, from what we’ve got I’d be playing Schneiderlin with Davies and then Gylfi in front of them. We know he’ll be playing a three regardless. 

He’s been poor since he signed Steve, I see nothing in pre season to suggest anything other than more of the same. Hopefully with a new partner he’ll settle but I’m not holding my breath. He turns slower than a canal barge, his positional sense is poor, he has no pace to dig him out of trouble when he is caught out and he’s a bit of a shithouse.

9 minutes ago, TallPaul1878 said:

He's a throwback to a previous era. Of the old 4-5-1 where you had a flat back 4 and packed the midfield.

When full backs go on the attack he is simply not capable of covering the space. Jags used to be but time has caught up with him.

Keane isn'tttt a bad defender, he is just totally unequiped to play in our system. Whether it's 3 at the back or when a midfielder drops deep and he has to shuffle across. He gets mauled by every single winger who has any ability to go past a player.

Which leads you to wonder why he was bought by Koeman. I fucking hate that twat, and Walsh the fucking fraud. Jags is finished, his main strength was his ability to get back and rectify his positional mistake. Those legs wont carry him any more.

1 hour ago, TallPaul1878 said:

He's a throwback to a previous era. Of the old 4-5-1 where you had a flat back 4 and packed the midfield.

When full backs go on the attack he is simply not capable of covering the space. Jags used to be but time has caught up with him.

Keane isn'tttt a bad defender, he is just totally unequiped to play in our system. Whether it's 3 at the back or when a midfielder drops deep and he has to shuffle across. He gets mauled by every single winger who has any ability to go past a player.

My concerns over Keane go back to the goal lukaku scored against Burnley.  Got rolled so easily and still does.