IGNORED

Michael Keane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pete0 said:

Bang average, and deserves a neck slap for them Sunday league punts up the field. 

Scouts need questioning on this one.

He was excellent at Burnley. I've been a fan for a long time and he was probably the signing I'm most pleased we made this summer - so far I've been disappointed by his performances. I do expect him to improve however. In his defence, it's been a really tough start for any player bedding in with the performances we've had.

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

He was excellent at Burnley. I've been a fan for a long time and he was probably the signing I'm most pleased we made this summer - so far I've been disappointed by his performances. I do expect him to improve however. In his defence, it's been a really tough start for any player bedding in with the performances we've had.

I didn't watch much of Burnley but remember being more impressed with Mee when they played against us. Finding it hard to see anything special about him, and everytime he lumps it forward I groan. They're worse than the Phil Neville floaters. 

Just now, pete0 said:

I didn't watch much of Burnley but remember being more impressed with Mee when they played against us. Finding it hard to see anything special about him, and everytime he lumps it forward I groan. They're worse than the Phil Neville floaters. 

He and Mee were a decent partnership but Keane is certainly the stronger of the 2. I think a lack of options/movement are causing too many aimless long balls - it's as if we're pretending we signed Giroud anyway. It's a shame as Keane is decent on the ball.

4 minutes ago, pete0 said:

And people laughed when I said we had signed the wrong centre half over him and Macquire. I'm sure a lot of Burnley fans would have rather us taken Keane over Mee too!

2 minutes ago, Aidan Lewis said:

And people laughed when I said we had signed the wrong centre half over him and Macquire. I'm sure a lot of Burnley fans would have rather us taken Keane over Mee too!

Doubt it - I know a couple and they saw Heaton, him and Defour (although not necessarily suited to Burnley) as the 'best' players. Seemed a general consensus - not just them.

The best players don't always bring the best results.

19 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I still am. Maguire (why can't you spell it right when you love him so much?!) is still crap. 

Because I'm illiterate God dam it! I try every time Romey, I really do, but deep inside of me I know I get it wrong.

And I'm too lazy to use Google.

And you're about as wrong with your judgment as I am with my spelling.

He was very poor for the majority of the game yesterday, and therefore the worst of our CB's for most of it too. He was far too hesitant in everything he did, meaning he was sloppy with his passing and didn't commit to challenges. He looked better the longer the game went on, so maybe it was just nerves, but he needs to improve on his latest few showings.