IGNORED

Rugby World Cup

I'm not a rugby fan, does the US have a good team?

Not great but theoretically you had a chance of getting out of the group stage with South Africa. But Japan beating SA yesterday (which to put in perspective is a bit like the US losing to Iceland at basketball) coupled with losing to Samoa today has done for you I'm afraid.

Not great but theoretically you had a chance of getting out of the group stage with South Africa. But Japan beating SA yesterday (which to put in perspective is a bit like the US losing to Iceland at basketball) coupled with losing to Samoa today has done for you I'm afraid.

Thanks Mike. Was going to jump on the bandwagon but after your analysis I'll concentrate on football, American football and hockey. Maybe next WC America rugby will garner my interest, lol

Thanks Mike. Was going to jump on the bandwagon but after your analysis I'll concentrate on football, American football and hockey. Maybe next WC America rugby will garner my interest, lol

Remember only one team can win it, I support Ireland but will happily cheer on other teams in the games I watch. (Apart from New Zealand because they need no help at all being the best in the world)

In their group I am shouting for England..... but as I live in Wales please whisper it quietly :rofl:

Actually the biggest mystery for me is how England, Oz and Wales got to be drawn in the same group. Any one of them going out in the group stage is daft but one of them will and there'll be lesser teams in the knock-out. Not sure how it happened but I'm sure it was within the regulations. Not like Blatter was running it.

Actually the biggest mystery for me is how England, Oz and Wales got to be drawn in the same group. Any one of them going out in the group stage is daft but one of them will and there'll be lesser teams in the knock-out. Not sure how it happened but I'm sure it was within the regulations. Not like Blatter was running it.

Agreed. One of these three teams should have been in Pool C.

It is stupid. It was made about 2 years ago where Wales lost all of their autumn internationals and dropped to 9th in the World rankings which resulted in us being seeded in pot 3. England were 6th I think and pot 2 and Australia top 3 so pot 1.

England lost because they did a 'Mourinho' and parked the bus on the two occasions they went 10 points up. This allowed Wales to get possession and build up momentum. The other thing is that most penalties are conceded by the defending team. If England had gone for another try when 10 points ahead it would have been game over. All credit to Wales though.

England lost because they did a 'Mourinho' and parked the bus on the two occasions they went 10 points up. This allowed Wales to get possession and build up momentum. The other thing is that most penalties are conceded by the defending team. If England had gone for another try when 10 points ahead it would have been game over. All credit to Wales though.

exactly. We got complacent and the Welsh sensed it and took full advantage. They deserved it because they played the full game, we didn't. Full credit to them.

After two separate conversations I've just realised that my Canadian Home stay, Nathan, is playing in the Rugby World Cup as Canada's Captain. Mind well and truly blown. Go on Nate dawg!!

They came over (his school) in 2005 as part of a rugby/student exchange. We got Nathan, a really nice, quiet lad, who kept himself to himself but was easily head and shoulders above everyone in his team.

My dad joked tonight that he recognised him in a game. I laughed it off because I couldn't remember his name, then it came to me in a conversation I was having with my partner. So I googled him and fuck me, he's playing at the World Cup.

After two separate conversations I've just realised that my Canadian Home stay, Nathan, is playing in the Rugby World Cup as Canada's Captain. Mind well and truly blown. Go on Nate dawg!!

They came over (his school) in 2005 as part of a rugby/student exchange. We got Nathan, a really nice, quiet lad, who kept himself to himself but was easily head and shoulders above everyone in his team.

My dad joked tonight that he recognised him in a game. I laughed it off because I couldn't remember his name, then it came to me in a conversation I was having with my partner. So I googled him and fuck me, he's playing at the World Cup.

Well cool that.