IGNORED

Youri Tielemans

• 1 year later...

One of Belgian football's most exciting young talents, is reportedly open to a move to Everton. The 19-year old made it clear he was considering his future in an interview with RTBF radio show La Tribune, which will have put the Merseyside club -- as well as many others around Europe -- on red alert. Toffees boss Ronald Koeman is a long-time admirer of the midfielder having scouted him during his time at Southampton, and the Dutch manager's willingness to give youth a chance could give the Premier League side an advantage should a number of clubs be competing for his signature in the summer.

reported from espnfc.

I don't know anything about him, thoughts?

Edited by markjazzbassist

Like LB said, he'd be more of rotation for Barkley than he would for Gueye, Schneiderlin, or Davies... but yeah, we do have a lot of depth in the middle.

I see him more as a direct rotation for schneiderlin, more of a deep lying playmaker/box-to-box CM than an AM (from what little I've seen). That said, no doubt he'd could do the role.

Great range of passing and intercept ability, with a quality shot.

Depth or not, don't think you can ever have too much quality. I'd be rapt.

I see him more as a direct rotation for schneiderlin, more of a deep lying playmaker/box-to-box CM than an AM (from what little I've seen). That said, no doubt he'd could do the role.

Great range of passing and intercept ability, with a quality shot.

Depth or not, don't think you can ever have too much quality. I'd be rapt.

We're in agreement here.

Yeah, he probably is more deep-lying than Barkely, but he's definitely a playmaker.

Kid has 14 goals and 9 assists this season so he likes to get forward.

Remember his name and Dennis Praet being linked to us during the Martinez era to fill the ACM void / put pressure on Barkley. So could just be lazy journalism / digging up old stories. The latest story seems super thin. When asked about Everton all he said was it was best to progress step by step and that he didn't have a preference league wise. How that equates to interest in Everton is beyond me.

That being said, would love to see him here. Seems further along than Dowell at the moment.

Just watched the goals.... move on, just a dream.

He wasn't even supposed to play in that game but was brought on because of an injury to another player. Doesn't matter if you play in a relatively weak league, those two goals show his immense quality.

Belgian press reporting today the following clubs are very interested and have contacted Anderlecht: Juventus, Napoli, Dortmund, Tottenham, Everton, Monaco and Atlético. Atletico currently in pole position, willing to pay upwards of 22m EUR.

The defending is isn't great, but his technique is impressive. I think he's above that level already, and that's why he's killing it there this season.

that shot would have been amazing even with no defenders in sight.

you are right that he is above the level of the Belgian league. for his stats alone he needs to come to Everton soon, lets not forget goals scored for anderlecht don't count

that shot would have been amazing even with no defenders in sight.

you are right that he is above the level of the Belgian league. for his stats alone he needs to come to Everton soon, lets not forget goals scored for anderlecht don't count

He's took two touches and then about four steps to line it up, all unchallenged. I'd not sign him on those goals.