IGNORED

Tom Davies

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-position-change-tom-davies-16904169

He's got more chance of making it with us in this sort of role IMO. 

For me he just doesn't have any of the qualities you need to play further up the pitch. While he doesn't have the positional sense to play a deeper role, that can be learnt as he goes along.

2 hours ago, Palfy said:

I hope we don’t toy with the idea of sending him out on loan in the, because he would definitely go the same way as Lookman and possibly Kenny, 8 minutes this season isn’t good enough for young talent like him as we found out with the others, I would say to Silva play him or lose him. 

He’s just not good enough.  Nowhere is he better than the starter.  If gbamin was healthy Davies would be 5th choice at cm behind Gomes Delph Morgan gbamin.  A loan is the best because it would increase his value if he does well and we could sell him.  With the players in our side I just don’t see him making it here.

If you look at someone like Torreira at Arsenal, davies could feasible be the same  type of player. Small in stature but can read the game from a deeper position. He always wants the ball which I like. If he can settle in that position I’m sure marcel would be happy with Morgan’s wages off the books 

12 minutes ago, Finn balor said:

If you look at someone like Torreira at Arsenal, davies could feasible be the same  type of player. Small in stature but can read the game from a deeper position. He always wants the ball which I like. If he can settle in that position I’m sure marcel would be happy with Morgan’s wages off the books 

Mate wouldn’t we all 

4 hours ago, Finn balor said:

I don’t know where you get the impression Davies is small? He’s nearly 6 foot and is filling out well. I’ve said before I think he would do well in midfield 3 and be a very good back up for Gomes.

7 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

If gbamin was healthy Davies would be 5th choice at cm behind Gomes Delph Morgan gbamin.

He's better than Morgan, mostly a different role though.

Even at 4th choice, I'd agree with the loan.  Needs to be playing regularly.  Not to the champs though, he's already better than that.  Lower prem or bundesliga.

Moot point though.  He's stuck till January and Silva needs to get him game time.

If we're going for the cup, Sheffield United at home probably a good chance to start.

13 hours ago, DownUnderToff said:

He's better than Morgan, mostly a different role though.

Even at 4th choice, I'd agree with the loan.  Needs to be playing regularly.  Not to the champs though, he's already better than that.  Lower prem or bundesliga.

Moot point though.  He's stuck till January and Silva needs to get him game time.

If we're going for the cup, Sheffield United at home probably a good chance to start.

Didn’t we get Wednesday away?

For me it simple with Tom, his best performances have come when he is further up the pitch floating in-between the lines and helping us control the game where he can run in behind and also drop between the CBs to pick up the ball and move us forward.

Ideally I think he would be more of a box to box player in a single pivot 3 man midfield but in the same breath he doesn't score enough goals. Its tough for him at the moment as I don't see where he fits in other than to play as the sub for Siggy when we are ahead and need to see the game out.

We could take a leaf out of Frank Lampards book he put 3 under 21s in his team yesterday and between them they scored all of Chelsea’s 5 goals, in fact this season between them they’ve scored all of  their 11 goals this season. 

I can’t help wondering if Davies was in his squad he would be playing, let’s not be found guilty of losing our young talent because we are not giving them the opportunity they deserve even Kenny won rookie of the month in the Bundes league, could he have his head turned as Lookman and want to make it permanent why wouldn’t he. 

Davies is definitely good enough to play for us, and not giving him is fair opportunity and then as some have mooted send him out on loan is a recipe for losing him in my opinion. 

And for me that wouldn’t be good enough we have a good academy bringing through some good lads, and we were always led to believe Brands was a great advocate of giving youth a chance, well let’s start seeing it by giving Davies the opportunity he deserves instead of playing players who are out of form and players who are no better. 

I’d like to see more of him, but if we get a win today we go level on points with City and possibly as high as 3rd in the table. It’s hard to complain with the current midfield if we pull that off. I hope we do get to see more of Davies, I’m a fan of his. 

1 hour ago, Finn balor said:

I know lampard is the flavour of the month at the minute but let’s see what happens when he can buy his own players 

This all day long.  Lampard is forced to play those kids.  If he wasn’t he wouldn’t he would have big time Spanish import and French leaguer in there instead.  It would be business as usual with those kids on their 15th loan of their career before being sold.

4 hours ago, markjazzbassist said:

This all day long.  Lampard is forced to play those kids.  If he wasn’t he wouldn’t he would have big time Spanish import and French leaguer in there instead.  It would be business as usual with those kids on their 15th loan of their career before being sold.

He isnt forced. He could play Giroud or Batshuayi. He has lots of options in midfield too and options at the back. I agree that he might have bought other players in as well but lets not undermine what Lampard has done.