IGNORED

Tom Davies

I wish people wouldn't believe a single word the S*n reports. I saw this on the BBC gossip column (which if your not sure what this is, it goes through most of the top football stories / transfer news from the newspapers and other news and puts them all in one place).

So yeah, it was the rag which made that shite up.

gotta be realistic though, rodwell looked a worldie, sold him and then he was average. maybe they knew that already. same with barkley, he looked a worldie, had we sold him last year we could have gotten 40-50m now were going to get 20m. he could turn out the same as jack.

my point being, if the kid is playing out of his skin and our management and scouts know he doesn't normally play like that, sell him on while the rest of the world thinks he's better than he is.

i'd field the offer at least see what they would pay. don't need to pay it mind, but at least see.

gotta be realistic though, rodwell looked a worldie, sold him and then he was average. maybe they knew that already. same with barkley, he looked a worldie, had we sold him last year we could have gotten 40-50m now were going to get 20m. he could turn out the same as jack.

my point being, if the kid is playing out of his skin and our management and scouts know he doesn't normally play like that, sell him on while the rest of the world thinks he's better than he is.

i'd field the offer at least see what they would pay. don't need to pay it mind, but at least see.

He's different to those two already. His mentality is superb. He's guaranteed quality - simple as that.

Rodwell never looked like a worldie! Ross is still worth 40-50mil but he doesn't have the time on his contract that Sigurdsson does.

Can't see Chelsea being interested just yet, not to say they won't be in another year or two when he's had a couple of more years playing regular first team football and keeps showing improvement.

They seem to be only interested in buying proven finished articles, and not buying to coach in the reserves with a view to progress to the first team.

So for me just paper talk with no substance.

Can't see Chelsea being interested just yet, not to say they won't be in another year or two when he's had a couple of more years playing regular first team football and keeps showing improvement.

They seem to be only interested in buying proven finished articles, and not buying to coach in the reserves with a view to progress to the first team.

So for me just paper talk with no substance.

Uhh... I'd disagree. Vehemently. More than I disagree with most things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/01/chelsea-38-players-loan-who-where

Uhh... I'd disagree. Vehemently. More than I disagree with most things.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/01/chelsea-38-players-loan-who-where

I reckon (and I haven't looked at every single one) most of those young players on loan came from European clubs or an English team outside the prem. I can't think of very many players they have running through their "FFP loan farm" that were proven PL players (like Davies).

I can't see Davies getting many minutes for Chelsea (just signed Bakayoko), and why would you leave us to play for an OS club on loan? So BS on the interest from me.

There's rumours that he may be used as a right wing back tomorrow. I can actually see this as a role he'll play in quite often for us with Coleman out. He had 45mins in the role vs Watford in the final home game and did really well driving forward. Gana, Schneiderlin and Klaassen will be our main 3 in central mid so I'd have no qualms with Davies playing this role as I think we're a better team with him on the pitch - even if it is in a less natural role.

This. Playing Davies there smacks of shoehorning someone into the starting 11.

I'd love Kenny playing but if he's not likely to be ahead of Martina... Davies is good enough to be shoehorned in. Rather he be played in a less natural position than be on the bench personally.

I'd love Kenny playing but if he's not likely to be ahead of Martina... Davies is good enough to be shoehorned in. Rather he be played in a less natural position than be on the bench personally.

I think he'll get the runaround playing out of position personally. He might get away with it against this Slovakian team but if this is the only way he's getting game time for the season then it's not going to be pretty.

I think he'll get the runaround playing out of position personally. He might get away with it against this Slovakian team but if this is the only way he's getting game time for the season then it's not going to be pretty.

I agree that this might become a problem, not only for Davies but for several others. The key to keeping most players relatively satisfied is to progress in our 3 cup competitions, and to have at least some rotation in the starting lineup for EPL matches. Our squad is now - or will be with 1-2 more transfer additions - deep enough to cope with deep runs in 2-3 cup competitions. Although the League Cup is the least important, even there it will cause problems if we get knocked out early.

And elimination today would be so very discouraging for players and fans. We all know we need that first goal today.

Edit: I should have added, re Davies, that he might be able to play effectively in several different positions/roles. I want to see him play regularly. But I also want to see Gana, Klassen, 2 players right now who seem to be just ahead of Davies at DCM and ACM. Repeat: we've got good depth in the middle of the pitch. Advance in the cup competitions and they'll all play plenty.

Edited by Elston Gunnn