IGNORED

Tom Davies

Back when I was in school you not only had to wear uniform but a cap as well (sure John/Bill and others experienced the same). We had prefects on the school gates every day making sure everyone had their's on in and out; my school we had a coloured band on them denoting which "house" you were in (I was in Kelvin, purple band; houses were named after notable Brits https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Thomson,_1st_Baron_Kelvin. We also had Shakespeare, Livingstone, Dryden, Scott and three others that I can't remember offhand (it was a long time ago).

I was a prefect, although not a sadist like some of them.

Thing my kids can't get their head around is that when I was at primary we had to wear shorts every day, all seasons; could be snow on the ground and I wore the balaclava my mum knitted for me but still shorts compulsory.....and whatever the weather you were outside at play/lunchtime. Outside toilet as well.

Anyway Davies!? What a talent!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, c1982 said:

He looked lively today - he's looked out his depth recently (along with the rest of them) but today's performance was real positive. Played with more freedom - more reminiscent of what we were seeing last season.

Yeah, I was very happy with him today. I've barely noticed him in his previous appearances this season but he stood out today, and was always trying to be positive. 

8 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Don't think he deserved to come off as was linking up well.

Deserves a run of a few games now - hopefully in what will prove a more profitable run of fixtures!

Agreed. I'd have had Sigurdsson off, I still don't see what he brings. In fact, I was hoping he'd be the one going off when we made each of our subs. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, I was very happy with him today. I've barely noticed him in his previous appearances this season but he stood out today, and was always trying to be positive. 

Thought he did well, though whenever he went forward, that meant he was isolating Martina on the right side of the defense, which is a scary thought.

Though, I guess hypothetically with a back 3, Keane is just as responsible for the right side of the defense as Martina.

• 3 weeks later...