IGNORED

Tom Davies

I stand by my opinion that he's not ready to be a regular starter. Not just a knee-jerk over today's game either, he drifts in and out of games such that for long periods you don't even know he's on the pitch.

Today, though, it just was a game that was just so beyond him.

I feel he was set up to fail with that formation against Spurs. Not disagreeing with you, but no one looked good in midfield bar Barkley.

I stand by my opinion that he's not ready to be a regular starter. Not just a knee-jerk over today's game either, he drifts in and out of games such that for long periods you don't even know he's on the pitch.

Today, though, it just was a game that was just so beyond him.

Completely agree. Take the blue tint off and he's been mostly average bar a game or 2. Needs time to sub in from the bench. Gana and schneiderlin both looked a lot better.

I feel he was set up to fail with that formation against Spurs. Not disagreeing with you, but no one looked good in midfield bar Barkley.

I agree the formation didn't help him but today's game was much too fast for him. So I don't think he was going to do well today no matter where he was played.

Completely agree. Take the blue tint off and he's been mostly average bar a game or 2. Needs time to sub in from the bench. Gana and schneiderlin both looked a lot better.

I thought Gana was the worst player in the pitch. Positionally all over the place, and on the ball kept playing us in to danger.

I thought Gana was the worst player in the pitch. Positionally all over the place, and on the ball kept playing us in to danger.

He was intercepting balls left and right and stopping their attack. Making tackles and defending: not sure what you want from a defensive mid but that and a nice forward pass are what I look for.

Is 18.

Remember when Barkley was 19/20 and the shouts were his inconsistency was due to being involved too much too young? Davies ought to be used sparringly, especially in such a turned around selection and setup like today, expecting total football from a just broken through youngster smacks of over expectation. Hopefully we can avoid the grinding down of him (like what happened with Barkley).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...