IGNORED

Tom Davies

Weird one really. Barkley's contract is running down but apparently we can afford to leave that one for a while. Davies isn't going anywhere but we've given him a new deal after a handful of appearances :unsure:.

Nice pay rise for the kid though.

Barkley is likely waiting on rom to sign a deal and playing hard ball to get a giver wage. Don't blame the lad

Weird one really. Barkley's contract is running down but apparently we can afford to leave that one for a while. Davies isn't going anywhere but we've given him a new deal after a handful of appearances :unsure:.

Davies was probably a piece of piss to sort out!

Over the longer term i reckon Davies will prove to be the better option tbh, Barkley has to suffer from idiot fans shouting at him, the rubbish with the national team everytime he gets selected, and he has been fairly slow to get going in his career, it's only this season he is really starting to show some proper form. Maybe the club just see Davies as the future and want to tie him down before someone else comes chasing after him.

Over the longer term i reckon Davies will prove to be the better option tbh, Barkley has to suffer from idiot fans shouting at him, the rubbish with the national team everytime he gets selected, and he has been fairly slow to get going in his career, it's only this season he is really starting to show some proper form. Maybe the club just see Davies as the future and want to tie him down before someone else comes chasing after him.

Not really sure how any if that is relevant to letting Barkley's contract run down tbh.

I'm as sure as everyone else is that thinks he has been offered one.

Haven't seen one report saying he was offered one.

Not everyone. I don't think he's been offered one either :shakingfist:.

Edit - well, that clearly isn't how you do that emoticon :lol:.

Edited by Romey 1878

I'm as sure as everyone else is that thinks he has been offered one.

Haven't seen one report saying he was offered one.

Koeman said a few weeks ago that he was offered a contract? When he was on about both Barkleys and Lukaku's contracts.

Basically he said if he does not sign then he must be sold because then his intentions are elsewhere.

I'm sure we spoke about it on here somewhere!

Another game when I don't know what he's actually done.

I want to be blown away by him like the rest of you :(.

Poor today but Valencia was literally our only other senior player available! I'm glad Koeman cleared the likes of Gibson and Oviedo out but we could have done with a couple more senior players in!!! Great experience for the youngsters I suppose!

Another game when I don't know what he's actually done.

I want to be blown away by him like the rest of you :(.

I think the main issue is that he's been jammed into the team at AM since buying Schneiderlein and getting Gana back (plus playing Ross out wide). I don't think it's a coincidence that his first few games were his best for us, when played next to Barry in a box-to-box role.

We just need to get a marque playmaker and use him as a rotation player next season. Can't afford to rely on an 18 week in and week out anyway.

Edit: Plus injuries are certainly a factor. Could've been McCarthy playing that same role if he wasn't out.

Edited by Vranny

He was poor last night, think he needs to be taken out of the limelight and given a rest as soon as we get bodies back

What is everyone expecting? Didn't score 20 goals in one game? Oh, the woe.

Thought his pressing in the first half was much needed. Once second half started / the subs happened / the shape changed he drifted out of it but he wasn't the only one guilty of it. Still stoked on this young player.

All that being said, cannot wait for Morgan to be back. No one in midfield keeps that rolls royce out the side.