47 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

TBF to the lad he has probably been the best of a bad bunch in the past few weeks but was fucking horrendous today

Must have had a 2% pass completion rate and both Leicester goals were down to him

First half he was good I thought. Second he was awful. 

2 hours ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

I thought his best spell was at half time , either side of that he was absolutely shite 

First half he was good, but then he ran out of energy as we got swamped in midfield. Iwobi and Siggy are not midfielders and Davies had to do allot of the defensive work. Should have been subbed around the 65 minute mark.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

First half he was good, but then he ran out of energy as we got swamped in midfield. Iwobi and Siggy are not midfielders and Davies had to do allot of the defensive work. Should have been subbed around the 65 minute work.

Each to their own but I think he stunk the gaff out all game, his passing was abysmal for the entire match

The loss today is on him

A very naive performance from him today. He needs someone with defensive qualities with him in central midfield to bail him out from such mistakes... something we’ve missed since Gana (and potentially Gbamin).

1 hour ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Each to their own but I think he stunk the gaff out all game, his passing was abysmal for the entire match

The loss today is on him

Yeah we lost today because of Tom......

His tensity and passing helped create the chance for Kean. Lets not forget his midfield partners were not midfielders so he had to cover allot of ground. Yes some of his passes didn't come off but they were attempts to move us forward.

1 minute ago, London Blue said:

Yeah we lost today because of Tom......

His tensity and passing helped create the chance for Kean. Lets not forget his midfield partners were not midfielders so he had to cover allot of ground. Yes some of his passes didn't come off but they were attempts to move us forward.

🤷🏻‍♂️ He was directly to blame for both goals . Like I said at the start he has been the best of a bad bunch lately but he has had an absolute mare today

Positionally I thought him and Siggy did a good job of keeping Leicester at bay for most of the game but they found it so easy to run past him or through him. He was so slow and weak. At least Siggy has the strength to hold people off. Siggy was even more aggressive than Davies which I didnt expect.

His passing was also terrible.

Didn't watch the match but from the comments on here today I expected Davies' faults to be much worse. Sigurdssen just as much for fault but no one has mentioned him. 

First one Davies presses, like an idiot who used to play for us, but there should be another midfielder in the centre to the point I'd say Sigurdssen is just as much to blame for not being in position, and Iwobi(?) a little bit for losing his man. Funny thing is I've seen Gana press much more stupidly and defended for it by those lambasting Davies. 

Second one Sigurdssen makes the run too early. Given how we play to the wings and mostly safe plus Sigurdssen not being the fastest you'd expect him to want it to feet and not make that run. 

6 hours ago, pete0 said:

Didn't watch the match but from the comments on here today I expected Davies' faults to be much worse. Sigurdssen just as much for fault but no one has mentioned him. 

First one Davies presses, like an idiot who used to play for us, but there should be another midfielder in the centre to the point I'd say Sigurdssen is just as much to blame for not being in position, and Iwobi(?) a little bit for losing his man. Funny thing is I've seen Gana press much more stupidly and defended for it by those lambasting Davies. 

Second one Sigurdssen makes the run too early. Given how we play to the wings and mostly safe plus Sigurdssen not being the fastest you'd expect him to want it to feet and not make that run. 

😂😂😂 you didn’t see it but it’s Sigurdsson’ fault !

Whilst our defensive shape was a 5-4-1 we looked to be containing Leicester. It was the double substitution and what looked like a shift to 5-3-2 that created space in the midfield for them to break through.

Tom is still a young player and has his limitations. He's a little bit lightweight and lacking a burst of speed. When he is part of a compact midfield he does a good job. When we try to open up and chase the game he can become exposed.

This is the problem with the current trend of trying to play continental style football. We don't have the players for it. Leicester dont have the players for it so they play to their strengths.

Whilst he was a fault on the ball for both goals, theres more to it, he needed more support around him, he was stretched, and after about 70 mins looked knackered and should have been subbed. I don’t think either  Maddison or Tielemans had good games, but didn’t get caught like Tom, did they go missing or did we nullify their efforts?

It's a shame we're having to talk about this because he's played well recently, and as a team we were doing well yesterday - nice and compact, organised and stopping Leicester while still being a threat ourselves. But his mistakes cost us the game really, so it is what it is. 

He'll know it himself so hopefully he doesn't let it get him down and he follows what he does if he misplaces a pass - he goes again and makes himself available for the next pass.

He cocked up for the goals and had a very poor last half hour. But I actually thought for an hour he and Sigurdsson did a brilliant job implementing a plan which naturally neither of them are particularly well suited to, they gave no one in Leicester's midfield any space to play at all. The turning point was Iheanacho coming on, him being prepared to drop off the back three and run with the ball caused chaos in our two defensive lines and it took us a while to react. You have to say great tactical awareness from Rodgers. 

Davies has to take this on the chin and get his head right for the derby. We can't afford him taking a backward step in performances with our injury situation, so it might be a good idea if Everton fans got behind one of our own for once. 

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

I've said in the Gomes thread how there was much love has been thrown at him but a couple of poor games and the knives come out. Same with Tom Davies he has been voted motm on the thread in this forum 4 out of the last five games, but one poor game and the same people want to crucify him. We Are Everton and that's what we do.

A few people on this thread need to look at themselves, we need to try supporting our players not tearing them to bits after a couple of mistakes.

This sums it up well for me.

13 hours ago, pete0 said:

Siggy makes the run too early? The ball should have never have gone to Siggy. He was too close and thats why he was making the run. At the very least Davies could have at least played it into a position he could get a foot to it and not a yard behind him. 

As well as Davies has done he was absolutely nowhere all game when they took him on.

I’ve still gone for Davies in my team against Liverpool he will be up for it more than most, a local lad he knows what it means more than most. 
Plus there’s not any better options in Schneiderlin or Delph in my opinion, but maybe Delph for Gylfi if fit enough.