IGNORED

Tom Davies

28 minutes ago, aaron said:

Little known fact, I only found this out over Christmas - He actually turned down a move to Chelsea last summer, they was offering him stupid wages. My brothers mate is friends with him (a former footballer who didn't make it). He's in with the right crowd, apparently him and Baines are really good mates.

Can you get a taxi driver to corroborate your story please?

• 3 weeks later...

I've given him a lot of stick but he played well last night. He started off very rusty (understandably); he didn't keep possession once the first few times he received the ball. But, as the game went on he got better and more involved. His driving runs really helped us out.

It's those driving runs I want to see more of, we need an engine in midfield so that if we insist on playing the negative football our manager favours we can still get ourselves out and up the pitch. Too many times this season (and last) he'd start those runs and stop and give the ball backwards to someone else. He needs to have belief in his own ability no matter what fans like me think and back himself.

Probably be left out next game for one of the "big names" to come back in. It seems to be the thing with fat Sam.

Besic .... motm against Chelsea, dropped the week after and not been seen since.

Bennie .... man of the match twice when he played, not been seen since.

Vlasic .... Our only player to be voted motm in three consecutive games, were is he now.

It's also happened to other players who play well but are soon shifted out of the team.

17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Too many times this season (and last) he'd start those runs and stop and give the ball backwards to someone else. He needs to have belief in his own ability no matter what fans like me think and back himself.

We saw it with Barkley. Direct effect of the Goodison crowd getting on players backs for every mistake imo. At least Rooney has the arrogance to keep playing the Hollywood ball no matter what. I think playing alongside Rooney in midfield for a season or two could make Davies. He'd start every game for me, the ability and attitude are there, we've just got to be a bit more patient and let him learn.  

32 minutes ago, nogs said:

We saw it with Barkley. Direct effect of the Goodison crowd getting on players backs for every mistake imo. At least Rooney has the arrogance to keep playing the Hollywood ball no matter what. I think playing alongside Rooney in midfield for a season or two could make Davies. He'd start every game for me, the ability and attitude are there, we've just got to be a bit more patient and let him learn.  

Even though I'm not his biggest fan I would never shout shit at him during a game (even if he could hear me from where I'm sat), and I don't see why any fan would do that. It's pointless and counter-productive. I might put my head in my hands but then I'm up clapping and urging the player on. I want every player to do well for us, doesn't matter if I rate them or not. It's all about Everton for me and if they're out on that pitch then they are Everton.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Even though I'm not his biggest fan I would never shout shit at him during a game (even if he could hear me from where I'm sat), and I don't see why any fan would do that. It's pointless and counter-productive. I might put my head in my hands but then I'm up clapping and urging the player on. I want every player to do well for us, doesn't matter if I rate them or not. It's all about Everton for me and if they're out on that pitch then they are Everton.

Yeah I don't doubt that at all. But some, too many, do see fit to hurl abuse. It seems to me its got worse since the 90s too when I went a lot more than I manage now. We were shit then but everyone got behind the team, no matter how gash some of the players were. Goodison seems a lot more tense when I go now. 

My lad came to watch Everton against Arsenal when they beat us 6-1.

He wore his areanal top under a tracksuit. He was 11 years old. He still talks about it to this day, how scared he was and how intimidated he was... in a bad way. We sat in the family section. 

The only place this doent happen is the seats next to Pad. 

Goodison can be a hotbed for opposing fans, but recent years its became poisonous. I can’t wait for the days when the elusive eleventh man shows his face again. 

This is one of the reasons why we had five players asking for loans out. We need to get behind our team again, start showing the spirit that Coleman did last night. And I know that the players have a direct Influence on that, but they are only human, and we can have just as much influence.

Thought all that was long gone Shukes. My second game at Goodison was about 1989 v Man Utd. Our neighbour was a Man U fan and had tickets for the away end, old Park End. He couldn't go so gave tickets to me and my dad. After match we were penned in with all the Man U fans at back of stand and I remember my dad being stood with me under his coat as fireworks, bricks, bottles and all sorts were lobbed over the wall by Everton fans leaving. Still the wild 80s... 

24 minutes ago, nogs said:

Thought all that was long gone Shukes. My second game at Goodison was about 1989 v Man Utd. Our neighbour was a Man U fan and had tickets for the away end, old Park End. He couldn't go so gave tickets to me and my dad. After match we were penned in with all the Man U fans at back of stand and I remember my dad being stood with me under his coat as fireworks, bricks, bottles and all sorts were lobbed over the wall by Everton fans leaving. Still the wild 80s... 

Wow, wasn’t that bad, but was very depressing. It’s more the language and big guys being so aggressive. My lads are 7 and 5 and I can’t wait to take them, but not for a few years as I do t want to ruin it for them.

I don’t go enough. But I do try to go four or five times a year. At the moment I do t take neutrals as they will always comment on how much the away fans sing us out. 

I’m lucky as the nearest big clubs to me are Birmingham city.. who are by far the best and loudest fans out there, Shrewsbury town... louder than us by a mile and Wolves.... again loud fans. I bring neautrals to our ground and we know one song... one song! The only other things we about seem to be what a wanker the refs is or how shit Barkley is. Not sure what we’re fonna do now.

I want to go and hear us getting behind the team with support, not a heavy boot. Newly is right about how we are all turning. We vote our most passionate supporters as the ones who are probably the most negative supporters on the forum, that’s how far we have fallen. 

Fallen maybe the wrong word as these fans live the club with a passion. But we should be celebrating the ones who are behind us and push us. Fans can push the team, and we need to remember that and start turning Goodison into the fortress of old.

33 minutes ago, Shukes said:

Wow, wasn’t that bad, but was very depressing. It’s more the language and big guys being so aggressive. My lads are 7 and 5 and I can’t wait to take them, but not for a few years as I do t want to ruin it for them.

I don’t go enough. But I do try to go four or five times a year. At the moment I do t take neutrals as they will always comment on how much the away fans sing us out. 

I’m lucky as the nearest big clubs to me are Birmingham city.. who are by far the best and loudest fans out there, Shrewsbury town... louder than us by a mile and Wolves.... again loud fans. I bring neautrals to our ground and we know one song... one song! The only other things we about seem to be what a wanker the refs is or how shit Barkley is. Not sure what we’re fonna do now.

I want to go and hear us getting behind the team with support, not a heavy boot. Newly is right about how we are all turning. We vote our most passionate supporters as the ones who are probably the most negative supporters on the forum, that’s how far we have fallen. 

Fallen maybe the wrong word as these fans live the club with a passion. But we should be celebrating the ones who are behind us and push us. Fans can push the team, and we need to remember that and start turning Goodison into the fortress of old.

I prefer that we make noise in reaction rather than senseless like Stoke fans, or scarf waving like over the park, or drum banging at Blackburn. 

Barry come out and said how Everton fans appreciated the game more, which says a lot. The players can pick it up. 

Atmosphere was crackling a little against Leicester, much better than its been all season but still not the cauldron it can be. 

Must say Davies the last 20 played like a captain and had ask the fans behind him thanks to his willingness to win the ball back and protect it. 

10 minutes ago, pete0 said:

I prefer that we make noise in reaction rather than senseless like Stoke fans, or scarf waving like over the park, or drum banging at Blackburn. 

Barry come out and said how Everton fans appreciated the game more, which says a lot. The players can pick it up. 

Atmosphere was crackling a little against Leicester, much better than its been all season but still not the cauldron it can be. 

Must say Davies the last 20 played like a captain and had ask the fans behind him thanks to his willingness to win the ball back and protect it. 

PeteO that’s great to hear. I hope I get chance to experience it soon.

I know what you mean when you reactive rather than just accepting your position and being happy. I just hate the silences that we seem to endure during difficult phases, rather than someone standing up and shouting.... Come on lads, let’s lift this place.

Are we missing that player that can get the crowd going? Maybe Davies, or Coleman are the ones we need to get us stepping up?

26 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Goodison can be one of the most electric atmospheres going, but the team has to be playing well. Yes fans have high expectations and rightly so, but when we're on a downward slope I don't think the way we react as home fans help. Away from home it's a different story. Fans can do a lot to lift a team, at times our home support is a monkey on the players backs

4 hours ago, pete0 said:

That last point is spot on. He really stepped it up when others were floundering.

21 minutes ago, London Blue said:

Correct, as I understand it players under 21 at the start of the season don't have to be registered. 

Says as much (similar) at the end of the article; nothing to see here, move along...

"Ademola Lookman was not on the original squad list being an Under-23 player and therefore his loan move to RB Leipzig in Germany is unacknowledged here.

Likewise for Tom Davies, Mason Holgate, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Nikola Vlasic, who are all under the age of 23 as well."

20 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Says as much (similar) at the end of the article; nothing to see here, move along...

"Ademola Lookman was not on the original squad list being an Under-23 player and therefore his loan move to RB Leipzig in Germany is unacknowledged here.

Likewise for Tom Davies, Mason Holgate, Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Nikola Vlasic, who are all under the age of 23 as well."

Have to hold my hand up and acknowledge the mistake, laziness, and incompetence are mine.