IGNORED

Tom Davies

To make clear 17/18 Premier League registration rules:

Minimum squad size: 15

Maximum squad size: 25

Players of the age of 20 or younger on 01.01.2017 who have been at the club for 2 years don't have to be registered.

Squad must have minimum 8 players trained in England for 3 years before 21st birthday. - If that rule cannot be reached, spaces must be left in the squad selection.

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think he should be starting most games. To me, the best midfield trio is one consisting of Davies & Gana with Rooney/Gylfi in front of them. Davies is the box-to-box; Gana sits more; and Rooney/Gylfi are the creative outlet.

16 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

It worries me a little that he can' see with his own eyes what Tom brings to the side and instead he needs to use the stats. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Well deserved... 19 years old and playing the most technically and mentally taxing role on the pitch.   Add to that he has a tremendous work rate and courage to always want the ball and I think we have a young Frank lampard type player on our hands.  

He's less likely to be prolific goal scorer like lampard but he has the energy and the drive to look and play forward at every opportunity. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure he's doing himself any favours this pre-season in terms of showing he's worthy of a starting spot under Silva. I don't see him getting much playing time with no Europe, and that won't help his progression at all.

Besic and Sandro however... been impressed with both over the past 2 nights. Final descision making seems to be the problem with both but the energy they’ve both shown - at least they’re trying to impress.

19 minutes ago, c1982 said:

Besic and Sandro however... been impressed with both over the past 2 nights. Final descision making seems to be the problem with both but the energy they’ve both shown - at least they’re trying to impress.

Those two certainly look like they want to fight to be at Everton. 

33 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm not sure he's doing himself any favours this pre-season in terms of showing he's worthy of a starting spot under Silva. I don't see him getting much playing time with no Europe, and that won't help his progression at all.

He was half and half for me today. He wasnt far off making a big impact but ultimately what he tried didnt come off which is what he is paid to do. 

I am worried about our midfield because I dont see them fitting well together. I see it as the following fighting each other for places:

DM - Schneiderlin / Gana / Besic

CM - Davies / Klaassen

AM - Dowell / Siggy / Vlasic

Obviously the AM/CM/DM simplifies things but I dont want the DM list having to have pressure to contribute in the final third and I dont want the AM to have to a lot of defensive responsibility. The CM also has to have the engine to go forward and back, link the play with the aim of getting us move forward.

57 minutes ago, Bailey said:

He was half and half for me today. He wasnt far off making a big impact but ultimately what he tried didnt come off which is what he is paid to do. 

I am worried about our midfield because I dont see them fitting well together. I see it as the following fighting each other for places:

DM - Schneiderlin / Gana / Besic

CM - Davies / Klaassen

AM - Dowell / Siggy / Vlasic

Obviously the AM/CM/DM simplifies things but I dont want the DM list having to have pressure to contribute in the final third and I dont want the AM to have to a lot of defensive responsibility. The CM also has to have the engine to go forward and back, link the play with the aim of getting us move forward.

I am too. I really want us to sign Aaron Moy from Huddersfield and maybe loan Davies back out to them in return. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

at this point i would loan him out, it's obvious he needs playing time but he's just not up to the standard we need at the moment.  send him to cardiff or huddersfield or brighton.  let him play week in/out and hone his craft.  his missed header for the goal was shocking, his passes to the opposition and general positioning was not ok.  

......time to change my avatar

3 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

at this point i would loan him out, it's obvious he needs playing time but he's just not up to the standard we need at the moment.  send him to cardiff or huddersfield or brighton.  let him play week in/out and hone his craft.  his missed header for the goal was shocking, his passes to the opposition and general positioning was not ok.  

......time to change my avatar

I watched a completely different game to you then!!!

He needs to refine his game to be able to cut it at this level, I've been a critic of his in the past but I feel sorry for the lad as for no fault of his own he was thrown in at the deep end due to inept managers and purchase's whereas if he'd gone out on loan back then we'd likely be seeing a different player 

I don't think he did badly when he came on his movement looked good tbh you can tell Silva is rubbing off, few sloppy passes etc but in general did quite well tbh