IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

markjazzbassist

I need a different lineup from this 4231/442 hybrid we've been running with the whole campaign. Arsenal will be tough at the Emirates. 433 Triangle Midfield. Barkley and Gibson will link up and move the ball and attack. If Kone isn't effective put on Mirallas, none of this Naisy BS. Won't happen but i want this regardless.

Howard

Coleman Stones Jags Galloway

McCarthy

Gibson Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Kone

I need a different lineup from this 4231/442 hybrid we've been running with the whole campaign. Arsenal will be tough at the Emirates. 433 Triangle Midfield. Barkley and Gibson will link up and move the ball and attack. If Kone isn't effective put on Mirallas, none of this Naisy BS. Won't happen but i want this regardless.

Howard

McCarthy

Gibson Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Kone

Gibson didn't make the bench today :unsure: But I agree, we need a new outlook. Someone with an attacking mentality. Barry, and hardly McCarthy offer that at the moment. Maybe (gulp) Osman?

I'd play 4-4-2. Ross and McCarthy in the centre Gerry and mirrallas on the wings. Kone and lukaku up top

Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla and Sanchez would pass a 2 man centre midfield to pieces! If there was ever an occasion to pack the centre and play on the counter then at the Emirates is that occasion. Mirallas and Lennon on the wings for me - bring Deulofeu on to impact the final 20-30 mins.

Howard

McCarthy

Gibson Barkley

Gerry Lukaku Kone

I'd be dropping McCarthy over Barry considering this seasons form.

I think 4141 might work though:

Howard
Barry
Gerry Kone Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku
Edited by Matt

I'd be dropping McCarthy over Barry considering this seasons form.

I think 4141 might work though:

Howard

Barry

Gerry Kone Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

That looks good too. No more 2 holding mids for me, and get our best players on the field which is mirallas and Gerry. Lennon can come off the bench. Edited by markjazzbassist

That looks good too. No more 2 holding mids for me, and get our best players on the field which is mirallas and Gerry. Lennon can come off the bench.

I'm sorry but if we field that team out we're going to get absolutely steamrolled by Arsenal. There is not a hope in hell Martinez will play 2 wingers there let alone play Barkley and Kone behind Lukaku with just Barry as the holding mid. He'll pack the midfield and I don't blame him doing so at the Emirates.

I'm sorry but if we field that team out we're going to get absolutely steamrolled by Arsenal. There is not a hope in hell Martinez will play 2 wingers there let alone play Barkley and Kone behind Lukaku with just Barry as the holding mid. He'll pack the midfield and I don't blame him doing so at the Emirates.

might as well just forfeit with that logic geth. can't win at arsenal play the youngsters and save the energy for the cup match at home. FFS we either need to attack and be english barcalona or defend and re-hire david moyes. we can't just bottle it up whenever the big boys come and then try and be all pretty when we play milwall.

arsenal is expecting us to pack the midfield like everyone else does, it will catch them off guard to attack the shit out of them and go for the win away.

sadly it will be the time honored 4231 with no wingers and no win.

Been banging on about the two "sitters" since Martinez took over. It's his speciality though and he won't change it. We need somebody in the middle of the park who can go both ways and play a bit. I "still" don't see the massive wankfest over McCarthy he hinders us in my opinion

agreed he has been awful this season, might be worth giving besic a shot once he's healthy.

It's not just McCarthy though. If Barkley has a bad game or the wide players are nullified we have got the square root of F all going forward through the middle. Someone who can get hold of the ball and make things happen from the middle if the park is a must. I thought Martinez would have sorted this in the summer! He just can't look past the "limited" footballers in Barry & McCarthy they're his bread and butter!

Guest rusty747

On current form we should get well and truly twatted - which, being Everton, fills me with a perverse optimism as it is therefore just the sort of game we will win 0-3.

I'm hoping one of cazola or Sanchez gets a knock tonight, either that or we have to come up with something different. If we're gonna play two sitting midfielders we need some legs so I'd play McCarthy and cleverly there if fit. The left hand side is a worry but mirrallas has to play there and I'd deffo play Gerry on the right. Big pitch and will give arsenal something to worry about. 1-1 lukaku pen

Guest Howard's way

I feel, after watching Saturday's game, that we have gone back five or six years with our style of play. I understand that people don't want to watch crab football but we looked our best when we absolutely dominated possession in his first year.

Bayern have played crab football for most of the match tonight but they are always hailed as a class act. With our support, I don't think Roberto will ever fully stamp his methods on the club. I think a minority of our support would welcome back 'dogs of war'