IGNORED

Arsenal (Away)

markjazzbassist

Personally I don't see why everyone is blaming Howard. The tracking of the runs is awful and shows we spend nowhere near enough time working on defending crosses on the training pitches.

Now officially a below-par start to the season and a million miles off Europe

Why blame the keeper for two free headers?

Simple, they are too big and tough for us in the air, we can't handle them.

I'm hard pressed to think of any team that ain't tougher than Everton on set pieces. Not sure why, but we are weak on corners and set pieces. Passive, confused, weak.

As I rant, wonderful left foot by Barkley.

But the point stands: weak.

I'm hard pressed to think of any team that ain't tougher than Everton on set pieces. Not sure why, but we are weak on corners and set pieces. Passive, confused, weak.

As I rant, wonderful left foot by Barkley.

But the point stands: weak.

This is my frustration too. I don't get it.

Why do we look so weak at set pieces when three years ago it was a strength.

Why, why, why do we need to go 2-0 down before we have a go???

We look like a team that doesn't know whether to stick or twist. If we're playing counter attack, why are we so slow moving the ball when we are in possession? If we're playing possession, where is the high press to win it back? The players look caught in two minds. And that comes from the manager. Then when we're 2-0 down and don't have a choice we start having a go and look like a team again! Fuck me this lot will be the death of me...

Our defending is shambolic. Howard could probably do better for both, but Jags is the main culprit for them. Absolutely shite. And why do we have to go behind to show desire? You can't keep doing that and expect to pick up many points over the season.

The positives - Galloway has looked good for the most part, Geri has picked up another assist, and we're only one goal behind.

Howard is a clown. Arsenal are deliberately targeting him with crosses. Hard balls to the edge of the six yard box. They know Howard doesn't have a clue how to handle them. He neither comes for it with any authority or stays on his line. They only have to get a touch and its into an empty goal. We need another keeper.