IGNORED

Tim Howard

Guest millwallforever

Letting Howard go with no viable replacement would be very stupid. Good keepers are very very hard to come by.

Sunderland procured an excellent goalie for free. It is possible.

Guest millwallforever

Not yet. We've got a couple more seasons with us and he's an important part of the dressing room. Any fee would be Micky mouse and not go anywhere near the price of a replacement.

Think we would get the same kind of money we got for Cahill. Won't be too bad.

Sunderland procured an excellent goalie for free. It is possible.

Who Mannone? He's far from excellent and back to my point..... Top clubs wait for years to replace their keeper and without grooming someone into the position or spending huge straight swops hardly ever work.

Edited by MC11

he's shit and he scares me having to watch the lad. i watched him off the ball yesterday and he restrapped his gloves, hit himself un the face and wiped his brow with his arms aswell as jumping up and down all in the space of 30 seconds.. the man isnt consentrating in the game and he isnt the most intelligent of footballers.

drop him, drop him, drop him

Sorry, bit late to the debate here and can't quite work out if your being sarcastic or not.

You are aware that Howard has Tourette's, and that the 'ticks' you've highlighted are not him 'not concentrating' as you've suggested.

Guest millwallforever

Who Mannone? He's far from excellent and back to my point..... Top clubs wait for years to replace their keeper and without grooming someone into the position or spending huge straight swops hardly ever work.

Sunderland didn't get Mannone for free; obviously it can't be him.

Guest millwallforever

Who then? Pantillimon? He's also shite.

If Pantilimon is shite, then Howard must be a pimple deep inside the r***** of a donkey. Sunderland's change in fortunes, from conceding eight against the Saints to holding the mighty Chelsea to a goalless draw, is chiefly owing to the towering contribution of Pantilimon. You might want to check out Sunderland's performances since Pantilimon came into the team. He has made all the difference.

If Pantilimon is shite, then Howard must be a pimple deep inside the r***** of a donkey. Sunderland's change in fortunes, from conceding eight against the Saints to holding the mighty Chelsea to a goalless draw, is chiefly owing to the towering contribution of Pantilimon. You might want to check out Sunderland's performances since Pantilimon came into the team. He has made all the difference.

He's nowhere near as good as Howard lol. City didn't even offer him a new contract.

Guest millwallforever

He's nowhere near as good as Howard lol. City didn't even offer him a new contract.

We are talking about Manchester City here, not Charlton Athletic.

Most likely Pantilimon wanted regular first team football.

A is better than B or vice versa is a matter of opinion. You know that I don't rate Howard, so we might just as well leave it at that.

We are talking about Manchester City here, not Charlton Athletic.

Most likely Pantilimon wanted regular first team football.

A is better than B or vice versa is a matter of opinion. You know that I don't rate Howard, so we might just as well leave it at that.

Yes Manchester City did not offer him a new contract to sit on their bench. Therefore... He's not what we need.

Guest millwallforever

Yes Manchester City did not offer him a new contract to sit on their bench. Therefore... He's not what we need.

None of us knows why Pantilimon's contract at City was not renewed. My interpretation, as I have already pointed out, is that Pantilimon wanted regular first team football; hence he was not interested in an extension in the first place, as it would only hurt his international career. He is a respected goalkeeper and there is no shame in being a benchwarmer at City - a fate that befell many an able footballer.

Edited by millwallforever

None of us knows why Pantilimon's contract at City was not renewed. My interpretation, as I have already pointed out, is that Pantilimon wanted regular first team football; hence he was not interested in an extension in the first place, as it would only hurt his international career. He is a respected goalkeeper and there is no shame in being a benchwarmer at City - a fate that befell many an able footballer.

From what I've read he was never offered a contract.... He also sat on Sunderlands bench for months and also only kept Hart out of the side for a few weeks.... When Hart was playing absolutely shite. If he was that good Hart would never have got bk in.

Edited by MC11

Guest millwallforever

From what I've read he was never offered a contract.... He also sat on Sunderlands bench for months and also only kept Hart out of the side for a few weeks.... When Hart was playing absolutely shite. If he was that good Hart would never have got bk in.

Emphasis added: None of us knows why Pantilimon's contract at City was not renewed.

Pantilimon did manage to push England's first choice goalie out of the best team in the league and he probably did deserve to keep his place. He is Sunderland's first choice goalie now. Please get back to me as soon as Mannone pushes Pantilimon out of the team.

The more likely outcome: Pantilimon will establish himself as one of the finest goalkeepers in the EPL.

Edited by millwallforever

Emphasis added: None of us knows why Pantilimon's contract at City was not renewed.

Pantilimon did manage to push England's first choice goalie out of the best team in the league and he probably did deserve to keep his place. He is Sunderland's first choice goalie now. Please get back to me as soon as Mannone pushes Pantilimon out of the team.

The more likely outcome: Pantilimon will establish himself as one of the finest goalkeepers in the EPL.

**vaults**

Do the U-21s have someone more promising? As an American I'm partial to Howard, but yeah, he's fucked up too much this season. The problem for me is, what's the solution? Do we have someone in the pipeline? Would everyone be happier with the backup? And why does Howard play so well against Europa competition but not against PL competition?

Said it from the beginning, a keeper is there to perform and save you in certain games when called upon.....not to cost you in every other..... He needs to go.

he has done that many a time for us. 5 clean sheets in 8 games before yesterday just as an example.