IGNORED

Tim Howard

Anything to say tonight Matt..... I love it when I'm proven right. Carry on defending the clown and we are going down.basic goalkeeping.

Yeah, 1 goal and he should've done better. Thats enough to write off a career and doom us to relegation :doh:

Edited by Matt

I think its goal keepers that always get the stick when a team isn't performing, easy to point at them. For their equaliser an unforced error was made by whoever it was near the right back position - could have been coleman but possibly someone else needlessly playing triangles gave the ball to their player, it shifted over to the left handside and distin was one on one with a pacey attacker.

That said, he needs competition for his place does Tim, 35 now and for me doesn't look agile and quick enough to get down.

Guest millwallforever

Getting a bit sick and tired of players coming out and blabbing about shit from years after it happened. Complete lack of class.

Just another ghostwritten book. Bet he was taken for a ride by the publisher, mighty HarperCollins in this case. Rest assured that they will have covered their arses from a legal point of view; Howard is the one wearing the clown's hat - again. Ossie's biography was issued by a good for nothing publishing house, whereas Howard probably received a substantial amount from HarperCollins; only fair that he takes the heat as well.

Edited by millwallforever

It's a bit more than one goal this season that's made him a villain right now; 6 or 7 probably.

I definitely can't disagree with you. Obviously, I'm partial to Howard, but I do think some of the comments about getting a new keeper are still a bit premature.

That said, I'm becoming more disappointed in him with each passing game. I was hoping he'd cut out a lot of his mistakes after last season, but I'm also starting the think the World Cup went to his head.

I definitely can't disagree with you. Obviously, I'm partial to Howard, but I do think some of the comments about getting a new keeper are still a bit premature.

That said, I'm becoming more disappointed in him with each passing game. I was hoping he'd cut out a lot of his mistakes after last season, but I'm also starting the think the World Cup went to his head.

I've always said that if we had the money I'd replace him in an instant, but last season he was outstanding and, like you said, he really looked to have cut out the silly mistakes and improved in areas he was previously a worry in. But this season he actually seems worse than he was before his improvement. Every time the opposition get near him to have a shot I fear a goal is coming. I think that's part of the reason why the defence in front of him is looking so nervous. But at the same time that defence is making him nervous too, so it's a neverending cycle.

I've always said that if we had the money I'd replace him in an instant, but last season he was outstanding and, like you said, he really looked to have cut out the silly mistakes and improved in areas he was previously a worry in. But this season he actually seems worse than he was before his improvement. Every time the opposition get near him to have a shot I fear a goal is coming. I think that's part of the reason why the defence in front of him is looking so nervous. But at the same time that defence is making him nervous too, so it's a neverending cycle.

I agree. The key is in the first sentence. Obviously, I'd swap a Courtois or De Gea for Howard.

I love Tim Howard, he's a big reason I follow Everton, but I've seen him enough in the Blue kit and think it's time for RM to start getting Robles some matches with rotation. I think the World Cup was Tim's peak after last season, he's going down hill now and to be honest, if an MLS team is interested we should sell him. Get something for the guy. Not January, but in the summer I'd look to move him.

His ghostwriter seems to have made a mistake:

On Saturdays, they come streaming towards Goodison Park, a parade of blue. Blue scarves, blue hats, blue jerseys, blue jackets. They crowd into pubs – the Thomas Frost, the Brick, the Leigh Arms, the Lisbon – to knock back pints before the match.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/everton-fans-saved-says-tim-8246137

I find that hilarious. The Lisbon is a gay bar. I can see it now, American fans coming over to England and looking for a pre-match drink.