IGNORED

Tim Howard

I find it absolutely maddening that people are so eager to replace Howard. By all means, let's bring in a few 18-20 year-olds for when he inevitably needs to pass the torch, but for right now we're not going to do much better. In fact, after Neuer and Buffon, are there any goalkeepers in the world who are head-and-shoulders above him?

For me he falls into the category just under world class. I think he is a great keeper but there are quite a few in a similar bracket.

How many keepers can concede two extra time goals, go out of the World Cup, and head home a worldwide hero!

Last night aside, I don't worry about him on the pitch for Everton, and that's good enough for me. I'm sure we've got three years left with him at the top of his game.

The Everton USA Twitter got more than 2,000 new followers overnight.

Good news.

Tim has no doubt been superb recently; probably his best season for us followed by heroics at the World Cup. And such a nice humble guy too-got to love him.

I think Tim Howard has done more to further Everton commercially in 120 minutes than that lot at the club have done in 15 years... I'm being serious.

You would like to think that the likes of Elstone and co have thought "hey up! Obama ringing Tim up, US sports starts tweeting about him - lets get his club involved in this.... can we maximise our exposure in having the US hero in our team in a country where the game is likely to take off"

Exactly why I think we need to sign another prominent American to keep that contingent following the club. He's got 3-4 years left on that contract and said he's retire, so hopefully we can have someone lined up by then.

Exactly why I think we need to sign another prominent American to keep that contingent following the club. He's got 3-4 years left on that contract and said he's retire, so hopefully we can have someone lined up by then.

The problem is that the current commercial lot at the club don't know how to keep the bandwagon rolling....

• 3 weeks later...