Sign in to follow this  
MikeO

Tim Howard

Yep found myself with someone new to hate tonight! Well needed after Suarez's transfer, although I don't reckon Costa can make me hate him more than that cheating horse faced, bottle opening bell end!! .........unless he moved to the shite maybe!

once again howard shows hes a complete clown at fault for at least 2 goals and should have been sent off 3 times, in one stupid

hand ball outside the box no need he could have waited or kicked it stupid macho man grabbing costa round the throat,pushing his face in another players face while the ref is next to it looked like he was trying to get sent off. its no good being passionate in the dressing room with 10 men on the pitch we all have passion but hes a pro and should Know better. we have no idea what costa said to Coleman but he can look after himself. As for the back four it needs freshening up jags has lost his way the rest have forgotten how to defend and I fear if you put stones into that back 4 he wont cope needs to buy today.

WOT DO YOU LOT THINK

once again howard shows hes a complete clown at fault for at least 2 goals and should have been sent off 3 times, in one stupid

hand ball outside the box no need he could have waited or kicked it stupid macho man grabbing costa round the throat,pushing his face in another players face while the ref is next to it looked like he was trying to get sent off. its no good being passionate in the dressing room with 10 men on the pitch we all have passion but hes a pro and should Know better. we have no idea what costa said to Coleman but he can look after himself. As for the back four it needs freshening up jags has lost his way the rest have forgotten how to defend and I fear if you put stones into that back 4 he wont cope needs to buy today.

WOT DO YOU LOT THINK

I think one night you went out, bumped into Tim Howard, asked him for his autograph, he told you to get lost and gave you a clip round the ear.

Other than that I think if Tim Howard had a 10/10 match winning perfrormance like he has done many times, you will be no where to be seen.

If you have a spare £10m and a list of keepers far better than Tim then I think yeah keep this thread going... but ultimately i'm bored of it now.

I think i'd sooner start reading the Kone thread all over again....

I think one night you went out, bumped into Tim Howard, asked him for his autograph, he told you to get lost and gave you a clip round the ear.

Other than that I think if Tim Howard had a 10/10 match winning perfrormance like he has done many times, you will be no where to be seen.

If you have a spare £10m and a list of keepers far better than Tim then I think yeah keep this thread going... but ultimately i'm bored of it now.

I think i'd sooner start reading the Kone thread all over again....

and you'd except any shit everton player so long as they kissed the badge in front of the park end.

and you'd except any shit everton player so long as they kissed the badge in front of the park end.

I wouldn't accept that at all... just like I thought Rodwell's Sunderland badge kissing was nonsense and the same as Rooney's wearing the united shirt.

I'm 38 years old, I support a footbal club not a WWE wrestler. Its not a popularity competition. Give me a player who doesn't sign autographs, doesn't speak to his team mates, who consistently gives you 8/10 performances and I'm happy.

if that performance was 10/10 you have never seen a keeper, you also forgot to mention my comments on the back 4 I think you must owe tim a lot of money and you are frightened to see him loose his job. As for keepers for around 10 mil, begovich, cech, to name but 2 without trying. centre back curts Davies,

if that performance was 10/10 you have never seen a keeper, you also forgot to mention my comments on the back 4 I think you must owe tim a lot of money and you are frightened to see him loose his job. As for keepers for around 10 mil, begovich, cech, to name but 2 without trying. centre back curts Davies,

where did I say it was a 10/10 performance? Did you see "if Tim Howard had a 10/10 match winning perfrormance like he has done many times"

Deary me, start reading and seeing the words the way they are structured, not what you want to see in order to carry on with this campaign.

you will have to point out that game, also no comment on the keepers named or defenders I think you are guilty of not reading all the text

That game??? You've never seen Tim Howard give a 10/10 man of the match performance? I've seen many, as have many others on here.

You want Cech or Begovic and Curtis Davis, alright yeah, go on give Bill £25m

Havce you posted in anything other than the Tim Howard thread?

yes man of the match arsenal etoo lukaku etc. is no one allowed to disagree with you I know just as many with my point of view as you do with yours, you asked which keepers I could buy with 10 mil I named 2.

yes man of the match arsenal etoo lukaku etc. is no one allowed to disagree with you I know just as many with my point of view as you do with yours, you asked which keepers I could buy with 10 mil I named 2.

I love people who disagree with me as long as they provide tangible and valid, logical rationale. You just appear to have a vendetta against Howard, there are other parts of the team that need addressing as a priority. Mainly our centre halves.

If no one was allowed to disagree with Haf we'd have to close TT down ;).

I'm not a massive fan of Howard, but he had a brilliant season last season, you can't deny that. And if we had a bigger budget I would be hoping we'd go out and replace him, but we don't and he's at least good enough to be our number one until we absolutely have to replace him.

He makes mistakes and he has his flaws (which drive me up the wall at times), but he has also kept us in games to allow us to go on and win or cling on to a point.

In short; he's not perfect but he's good enough.

If no one was allowed to disagree with Haf we'd have to close TT down ;).

I'm not a massive fan of Howard, but he had a brilliant season last season, you can't deny that. And if we had a bigger budget I would be hoping we'd go out and replace him, but we don't and he's at least good enough to be our number one until we absolutely have to replace him.

He makes mistakes and he has his flaws (which drive me up the wall at times), but he has also kept us in games to allow us to go on and win or cling on to a point.

In short; he's not perfect but he's good enough.

Exactly, disagreements make the best threads, I welcome alternative views, but sorry when its about a player being slated for no good reason then its getting a little out of hand.

I slate Lukaku, its not like my points are invalid though - what I stated were concerns are being seen right now as genuine. Do I want him to prove me wrong? Too bloody right I do.

Exactly, disagreements make the best threads, I welcome alternative views, but sorry when its about a player being slated for no good reason then its getting a little out of hand.

I slate Lukaku, its not like my points are invalid though - what I stated were concerns are being seen right now as genuine. Do I want him to prove me wrong? Too bloody right I do.

No they flippin' well don't :shaking fist:

:P

I love people who disagree with me as long as they provide tangible and valid, logical rationale. You just appear to have a vendetta against Howard, there are other parts of the team that need addressing as a priority. Mainly our centre halves.

you will no doubt have seen if you took the time to read it I also mentioned the 2 cbs and came up with reasonably priced one.

Guest blueboy122

Howard is a brilliant keeper and it's embarrassing people are questioning his ability after the World Cup he had and how good he was last season.

you will no doubt have seen if you took the time to read it I also mentioned the 2 cbs and came up with reasonably priced one.

I'm not really bothered about the centre halves in the Tim Howard thread, more bothered that in your eyes he's become some sort of Richard Wright...

I'm not really bothered about the centre halves in the Tim Howard thread, more bothered that in your eyes he's become some sort of Richard Wright...

How has he become some sort of Richard Wright? He is still a great keeper but it doesn't help that our defence is letting the opposition have shooting practice against our keeper. There is only so much a keeper can do if his defence has been shocking.

How has he become some sort of Richard Wright? He is still a great keeper but it doesn't help that our defence is letting the opposition have shooting practice against our keeper. There is only so much a keeper can do if his defence has been shocking.

I don't know ask crusty, he's the one with T How issues....

hey that's only my point of view. (and a few thousand more)sorry I thought you mentioned cbs in a previous rant. having watched the mighty blues from Gordon west onward I mistakenly thought I was allowed an opinion are you all saying only the modern supporter has an opinion.

hey that's only my point of view. (and a few thousand more)sorry I thought you mentioned cbs in a previous rant. having watched the mighty blues from Gordon west onward I mistakenly thought I was allowed an opinion are you all saying only the modern supporter has an opinion.

No, its just the validity of that opinion to be honest Crusty. I just feel that there is a fair bit of undue criticism headed his way. He's decent, not world class, but we don't have world class money now we have spent £28m on Rom.

written by Tim Hill production editor for the Guardian in New York, his first "soccer" article. 18 months ago he calculated how many goals Howard was resposinisble for??? So another with a T How agenda. Bit sad.

His last two contributions were on Starbucks and Gianni Versace's mansion :huh:.

Howard alone made the scoreline far more respectable than it should've been. Great to see he's still got the full 90 mins of concentration after having practically nothing to do in the first half.

There's been some criticism of Tim for not playing for the USMNT this year, but I sort of think he's trying to do the best by Everton, by being at his best, and for the US by letting some of the other guys get some playing time. He'll be 37 or 38 in 2018...maybe too old for national service. I say let him focus on Everton and turn in more brilliant matches like he did on Thursday.

There's been some criticism of Tim for not playing for the USMNT this year, but I sort of think he's trying to do the best by Everton, by being at his best, and for the US by letting some of the other guys get some playing time. He'll be 37 or 38 in 2018...maybe too old for national service. I say let him focus on Everton and turn in more brilliant matches like he did on Thursday.

I think it's pretty clear what he's doing. He wants to still be in the picture, but there's no reason for him to be traveling across the world for friendlies constantly. Not so far away from the World Cup, at least. This gives him a chance to rest, focus solely on Everton, and spend time with his family. And then he can revisit in a couple years whether he wants to play in 2018. This is a guy who has been in goal for the U.S. forever and who knows the coaches and defenders better than anyone. It won't take him very long to get comfortable again if he decides to come back in 2016.

I think it's pretty clear what he's doing. He wants to still be in the picture, but there's no reason for him to be traveling across the world for friendlies constantly. Not so far away from the World Cup, at least. This gives him a chance to rest, focus solely on Everton, and spend time with his family. And then he can revisit in a couple years whether he wants to play in 2018. This is a guy who has been in goal for the U.S. forever and who knows the coaches and defenders better than anyone. It won't take him very long to get comfortable again if he decides to come back in 2016.

Agreed. The criticism is unjustified.

We need a 7/10 keeper every game. Howard is too static for me. When he goes for something he goes and leaves his brain behind. I'd much rather have a keeper who we never speak about good or bad. Bring back martyn.

I was thinking of him after yesterday. Not popular when he first signed but became indispensable as he was always reliable.

It does bewilder how he can look like a rock in the Europa on Thursday...then do that on a Sunday.

Like i said. Eratic!!! He punched everything against Wolfsburg and came about five yards off his line making spectacular looking saves.

Then against palace he tries the same. Coming out and making last ditch tackles. If he got the ball he'd have a blinder. He missed it and his Eratic decisions makes him look a fool. He has too many of these days. It's all or nothing with him.

I agree, he was great for us.

January he needs to go out and get Begovic and fuck Howard off.

Apart from age, I really don't see much of a difference in terms of reliability.

Let's not forget that we don't see Begovic week in, week out, so for all we know he could have major flaws himself.

I mean, from the outside football fans probably think that Howard is up there with the best keepers in the league but he has us tearing our hair out at times.

Are you serious Matt? Begovice is a much better keeper than Howard. How he is still at Stoke is beyond me.

Deadly serious, for the reasons Romey explains :) If he was as good as MOTD make him look, he would be at Barcelona or someone, or Stoke would be better than they are.

Let's not forget that we don't see Begovic week in, week out, so for all we know he could have major flaws himself.

I mean, from the outside football fans probably think that Howard is up there with the best keepers in the league but he has us tearing our hair out at times.

If we all picked players based on what we see on MOTD we would have bought Scott Parker the year his legs went, we would have Ian Nolan, and countless other players that look good on a highlights reel.

I don't think Howard is an exceptional keeper, he is a good keeper who will make the mistakes that other good keepers make. Mignolet looks great on MOTD but when you watch his his command of the area is awful.

If we all picked players based on what we see on MOTD we would have bought Scott Parker the year his legs went, we would have Ian Nolan, and countless other players that look good on a highlights reel.

I don't think Howard is an exceptional keeper, he is a good keeper who will make the mistakes that other good keepers make. Mignolet looks great on MOTD but when you watch his his command of the area is awful.

It's the stupidness of the mistakes though they're absolute howlers and them add to this he is always getting beat at his near post and from long range.

Personally I think he's a liability and my heart is in my mouth with him constantly. I was all for giving him a chance after a decent season last year. Thus far he's only served to compound my feelings about him over the 3-4 seasons before last.

Get shut in January. Get a better keeper in and fuck him off to the MLS. All this "breaking records" stuff is absolute bollocks. We're in the business of winning football matches not breaking records. No good making 13 saves in a match one week to "break a record" then give away a ludicrous pen and drop the ball on a strikers head so he can nod it in an empty net. He costs us far more games (or has over the seasons) than he wins us.

It's the stupidness of the mistakes though they're absolute howlers and them add to this he is always getting beat at his near post and from long range.

Personally I think he's a liability and my heart is in my mouth with him constantly. I was all for giving him a chance after a decent season last year. Thus far he's only served to compound my feelings about him over the 3-4 seasons before last.

Get shut in January. Get a better keeper in and fuck him off to the MLS. All this "breaking records" stuff is absolute bollocks. We're in the business of winning football matches not breaking records. No good making 13 saves in a match one week to "break a record" then give away a ludicrous pen and drop the ball on a strikers head so he can nod it in an empty net. He costs us far more games (or has over the seasons) than he wins us.

Thats simply not true.

Tim Howard:

2013 / 2014 Barclays Premier League: 37 Games 112 Saves 15 Clean Sheets

2012 / 2013 Barclays Premier League: 36 Games 90 Saves 10 Clean Sheets

2011 / 2012 Barclays Premier League: 38 Games 95 Saves 12 Clean Sheets

2010 / 2011 Barclays Premier League: 38 Games 100 Saves 9 Clean Sheets

2009 / 2010 Barclays Premier League: 38 Games 114 Saves 11 Clean Sheets
2008 / 2009 Barclays Premier League: 38 Games 114 Saves 17 Clean Sheets
2007 / 2008 Barclays Premier League: 36 Games 151 Saves 12 Clean Sheets
Total : 261 EPL apps - 776 saves - 86 clean sheets.
His clean sheets alone (assuming he made saves in the game), is 1 every 3 games over 8 years with us.

Begovic by comparision:

2013 / 2014 Barclays Premier League: 32 Games 104 Saves 9 Clean Sheets

2012 / 2013 Barclays Premier League: 38 Games 110 Saves 12 Clean Sheets

2011 / 2012 Barclays Premier League: 22 Games 79 Saves 6 Clean Sheets

2010 / 2011 Barclays Premier League: 28 Games 96 Saves 8 Clean Sheets

2009 / 2010 Barclays Premier League: 13 Games 42 Saves 4 Clean Sheets

Total : 133 EPL apps - 431 saves - 39 clean sheets. Clean sheets average is 1 every 3.5 games,
Comparing the clean sheets is hard to do though, since Tim has played many more games and for longer period of time. But even if I compare like with like (2009/10 -- 2013/14) we get pretty much the same deal (Tim goes from 1 in 3 to 1 in 3.2 games)

As I said, there is not much in it at all, except that Howard has proven over a longer period of time to be more consistent.

Give me another keeper in the EPL to compare with, within the last 10 years and I'll check the stats there. I tried Schmeichel, Southall and Martyn but they dont have the same detailed stats.

Just found Nigel Martyns...

2005 / 2006 Barclays Premier League : 20 Games 91 Saves 0 Clean Sheets
2004 / 2005 Barclays Premier League : 32 Games 146 Saves 0 Clean Sheets
2003 / 2004 Barclays Premier League : 34 Games 168 Saves 0 Clean Sheets
Thought of a keeper by comparison - Petr Cech
2013 / 2014 Barclays Premier League : 34 Games 81 Saves 16 Clean Sheets
2012 / 2013 Barclays Premier League : 36 Games 122 Saves 14 Clean Sheets
2011 / 2012 Barclays Premier League : 34 Games 84 Saves 10 Clean Sheets
2010 / 2011 Barclays Premier League : 38 Games 99 Saves 15 Clean Sheets
2009 / 2010 Barclays Premier League : 34 Games 65 Saves 17 Clean Sheets
2008 / 2009 Barclays Premier League: 35 Games 88 Saves 19 Clean Sheets
2007 / 2008 Barclays Premier League : 26 Games 113 Saves 11 Clean Sheets

Total : 234 EPL apps - 652 saves - 102 clean sheets. Clean sheets average is 1 every 3.0 games. If I compare the same timeline as Tim (as I didn't include his time there) then it comes to 1 every 2.3.

If people are interested, the years before the comparison were (which bring the average to 1 in 3) :

2006 / 2007 Barclays Premier League : 20 Games 107 Saves 0 Clean Sheets
2005 / 2006 Barclays Premier League : 34 Games 139 Saves 0 Clean Sheets
2004 / 2005 Barclays Premier League : 35 Games 148 Saves 0 Clean Sheets

http://www.espnfc.com/player/13069/petr-cech?season=2013

I won't bother mentioning the defence and DMC that Cech has had infront of him over the years.

also from those stats Tim seems more durable, 38 a season except 3 seasons which were 36, 36, 37. begovic was the hot ticket a year or so ago, but once mignolet went to the shite, no one has really been interested in him (no rumors to other leagues that i've seen either). didn't have a standout world cup either (against 2 easy teams in the group, iran, nigeria, argentina). maybe he's not what everyone thought he was.