IGNORED

Tim Howard

I have watched their chances back a few times today and for their goal you have got to say that it is really poor keeping. Firstly he stands pretty much directly behind the wall, he doesn't try and cover off his angles and that is probably the reason he reacts late. Secondly he is actually standing in the same half of the goal that the ball goes into. There is no way any keeper in the world should get beaten in those circumstances.

He makes a few decent saves earlier on, mainly the one from Lallana but again you would be disappointed if he had got beaten on any of them. With the Balotelli chance that I think he eventually saves, he shouldn't have even let it get to Balotelli. The ball was about 4 yards out and Howard should have been anticipating the cross and should have intercepted it before it even got to the Italian.

That is 2 really poor Premier League games in a row from him.

Fantastic free kick but Howard should've got a stronger hand to it. However, how many fantastic saves did he make to keep us in the game?

Like I said, not many. 1 from Lallana was a good reaction save and the one from Sterling (which you would have expected him to stop) and the rest were pretty routine.

Should have saved Freekick and should have commanded his area and caught the cross that followed balotelli sitter. He committed then went back on his line. Had his eyes closed and it hit him, (not a save)

He dramatically dived for shots 50 yards out that where clearly going wide. This gave there fans an optimistic buzz with every shot. Typical yank that should be in expendables 4 instead of between the sticks.

Should have saved Freekick and should have commanded his area and caught the cross that followed balotelli sitter. He committed then went back on his line. Had his eyes closed and it hit him, (not a save)

He dramatically dived for shots 50 yards out that where clearly going wide. This gave there fans an optimistic buzz with every shot. Typical yank that should be in expendables 4 instead of between the sticks.

When is a save not a save? Did he stop the ball going in? Then it was a save. Schmeichel used to make all sorts of mad saves because he came running out and saved it with his balls, arse, nose.... Don't think he would've meant to save it with those body parts, and I reckon there would be a fair few 'eyes closed and hit him' moments too.

im sad to see you are still debating our tim some people just don't see whats in front of them, hes done something wrong in every game this ,his so called wonder saves I call doing his job but these constant school boy errors can not go on.

can anyone tell me why he played mid week against Swansea is this not where we give others a chance.

im sad to see you are still debating our tim some people just don't see whats in front of them, hes done something wrong in every game this ,his so called wonder saves I call doing his job but these constant school boy errors can not go on.

can anyone tell me why he played mid week against Swansea is this not where we give others a chance.

Nowhere near as sad as coming on to a forum to only slag off one of our players.

I love this site Osman makes 2 mistakes he gets slated and called from a pig to dog romalu does not score in the first few games

people slate him BUT DARE STATE THE OBVIOUS ABOUT TIM AND YOUR SAD grow up the man is costing us week in week out and needs to go.

that's an honest opinion of a life long efc supporter ive earned the right to comment.

you haven't told me hes any good have you.

That's good enough for me, if Brett says he's a shit goalkeeper then he is obviously a good one!

Because Robles is even worse

I love this site Osman makes 2 mistakes he gets slated and called from a pig to dog romalu does not score in the first few games

people slate him BUT DARE STATE THE OBVIOUS ABOUT TIM AND YOUR SAD grow up the man is costing us week in week out and needs to go.

that's an honest opinion of a life long efc supporter ive earned the right to comment.

you haven't told me hes any good have you.

Indeed, you have the right to comment. It would just be nice if it wasn't to only criticize 1 player and not contribute to the forum in any other way.

true, but he still made the save, a very important one at that.

But it was a save he didn't have to make. He should have collected the ball before it got to Balotelli. Yes he got himself out of jail but that's not the point.

I'm not anti Howard but I'm just saying it how it is from a keepers point of view.

I think we're overly harsh on the guy, but since there seem to be so many people who think that he's garbage, I'll keep an eye on it.

As for the free kick, I think he was wrong-footed because he didn't expect the ball in that area. He seemed to be angry at people afterwards (although I don't think the wall shied away from the ball at all), so that would indicate to me that he was expecting the ball in a different location. As a keeper, you're not going to be able to protect the whole net on a free kick like that, so you cover one part and trust your wall to cover the other.

for all the howard haters, he's the keeper in the espn team of the weekend. they loved that balotelli save and others. FWIW jags and gerrard also made it.

True. I'm sure they're highlighting the American though to make their audience happy and proud. ESPN is said to be putting together a huge bid for rights to a lot of games next year, and if that happens we can look forward to a lot more ads and a forced agenda (don't even get me started on the SEC =P).

True. I'm sure they're highlighting the American though to make their audience happy and proud. ESPN is said to be putting together a huge bid for rights to a lot of games next year, and if that happens we can look forward to a lot more ads and a forced agenda (don't even get me started on the SEC =P).

yeah, but the guy who gave him the winning vote is gab marcotti, italian englishman. so no real allegiance there. yeah the SEC thing is a joke, and their TMZ like coverage of all sports (tebow, manziel, ray rice, etc.) is stupid. but their overall scope, and breadth of their website beats out anything else i can find, so i use them.

I think we're overly harsh on the guy, but since there seem to be so many people who think that he's garbage, I'll keep an eye on it.

As for the free kick, I think he was wrong-footed because he didn't expect the ball in that area. He seemed to be angry at people afterwards (although I don't think the wall shied away from the ball at all), so that would indicate to me that he was expecting the ball in a different location. As a keeper, you're not going to be able to protect the whole net on a free kick like that, so you cover one part and trust your wall to cover the other.

His positioning was wrong. The wall is there to protect the goal but balls can and do get lifted up and over them. He dived backwards and the ball was already half in before he got there. He should not be getting wrong footed unless it takes a deflection. He's standing there and the ball is going one way or the other. He knows Gerrard is right footed so from the angle and Gerrards run there was only really going to be one place the ball was going and he should have saved it.

All this he made a boss save here though and he saved this amount of ahots is really starting to piss me off. It's no good doing that if he's going to let in stupid goals week in week out like he does.

He seemed to be gesturing "jump" although they did; it was pointed out on MOTD though that we had all short players in the wall. Certainly the deal is the wall covers half the goal and the 'keeper the other half but I don't think there should've been a shred of doubt in his mind that Gerrard would go to that corner, right footer from that area of the pitch it's a no brainer (just noticed I'm parroting Paddock on that) .

He'll be disappointed for sure.

He seemed to be gesturing "jump" although they did; it was pointed out on MOTD though that we had all short players in the wall. Certainly the deal is the wall covers half the goal and the 'keeper the other half but I don't think there should've been a shred of doubt in his mind that Gerrard would go to that corner, right footer from that area of the pitch it's a no brainer (just noticed I'm parroting Paddock on that) .

He'll be disappointed for sure.

He's angry and desperately trying to blame someone for his fuck up. He does this often.

Edited by Paddock