IGNORED

Tim Howard

53 mph from 25 yards. I'm actually going to say that I think he could have saved it, should have? Not really.

He had full sight of it and for me if he gets his weight onto his left side quick enough he stood a good chance of tipping it over.

He can't be blamed for not saving it but I have seen them saved.

Look at the other keepers in the league. The only reason we are so hard on Howard is because he is usually so good. Keepers all make mistakes, all have bad days and all know exactly when they should have saved something. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the league simply because we ignore the good he does too much. He has even improved his passing ability under Martinez. In the air he is excellent which is hard to find in this league. And shot stopping is a big frame to beat. Next!!!

Look at the other keepers in the league. The only reason we are so hard on Howard is because he is usually so good. Keepers all make mistakes, all have bad days and all know exactly when they should have saved something. I wouldn't swap him for any other keeper in the league simply because we ignore the good he does too much. He has even improved his passing ability under Martinez. In the air he is excellent which is hard to find in this league. And shot stopping is a big frame to beat. Next!!!

Oh god

Yes. Nitpicking.

Is this because he should have put the ball out for a throw in some minds? How far back do you go in play to find who's at fault? I seen Di Maria, their most dangerous player today, pick the ball up in a load of space. Howard fault? Falcao runs off Hibbert, past Stones and in front of Jags, no one picked him up. Howard fault? Falcao gets played onside by Stones. Howard fault?

Against Chelsea, Howard went toe to toe with Costa because he was a twat to Coleman. He was bigged up for that. Today Van Persie was a twat to stones. Howard did the same. Now he's a villain for it?!

Nitpicking.

Personally, it didn't enter my head to blame Howard when I was watching it. I thought Stones was the main culprit with his terrible defending.

Exactly. You know, if you go far enough back in play, you could blame any player you want.

The first thing I thought was 'how the hell has falcao yet again found himself unmarked?'

Do feel free to posts in any of the other threads Robles lad.

if you look at other discussions you will see I have commented on lots of other players but you seam to be tims minder. as for robles he certainly is not the answer.

as for blaming anyone but tim for the second goal that shows a certain level of football knowledge I would keep to myself .

He was very much at fault for their 2nd and what he did in stoppage time was just awful. I don't think he's 'football intelligent' with his decisions.

I agree.

I get the point that Stones shouldnt have been as deep as he was but if Howard either clears the ball a long way down field or plays the ball into touch the goal isnt scored because we would have been able to set ourselves and Di Maria wouldnt have had all the time in the world.

You could maybe say that Jags has a role to play because Falcao becomes his runner and he stands and watches even though he can see Stones in front of him. Either way for me about 75% of the blame lands on Howard because if he thinks and doesnt turn the ball straight over to them, we are in a far better position to either start a counter attack or at least get our defensive shape back. It was stupid and unnecessary from him and he did the same thing at the end of the game. We need to start an attack and he gives the ball away 30 yards from goal.

Edited by Bailey

he's shit and he scares me having to watch the lad. i watched him off the ball yesterday and he restrapped his gloves, hit himself un the face and wiped his brow with his arms aswell as jumping up and down all in the space of 30 seconds.. the man isnt consentrating in the game and he isnt the most intelligent of footballers.

drop him, drop him, drop him

Edited by Brett Angel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...