IGNORED

Tim Howard

but when its gone past all them you say is not his job to pick it up I agree with strengthening the back four but I don't get don't blame tim whatever you do.

This example is just wrong to point fingers. There are 5 players who could've prevented that goal. Howard is one of them, but if you were going to put them in order of responsible, he is 4th for me.

I love the example its wrong to point fingers but you did naming everyone else before it got to the 6 yard box.

Because you seem to think there was only 1 player who could've done anything about it, seemingly blinded by your obsession with Howard!

no I blame them all coleman for not stoping the cross 2 centre backs for letting it get across the 6 yard area Osman for not tracking back and of course tim something you for some reason don't want to do, its not having a pop at just tim but you seam to stop when you get to him.now if im missing something tell me but I don't see why we can not criticise him ?.

no I blame them all coleman for not stoping the cross 2 centre backs for letting it get across the 6 yard area Osman for not tracking back and of course tim something you for some reason don't want to do, its not having a pop at just tim but you seam to stop when you get to him.now if im missing something tell me but I don't see why we can not criticise him ?.

I have held him partially accountable, what are you talking about?!

This is surely a wind-up because there are definitely more pressing problems in other positions that need addressing.

I know it's early, but I have a feeling our CB pairing is what's going to cost us some games this season.

Yes, but ifor they had a yank flag sticking out of there arses then you'd probably say the defense was fine also.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

He is a good keeper overall, certainly not without faults and he falls into the category below the world class keepers with a hell of a lot of others. Some are better at some things than others but in terms of overall ability they are very similar.

In the premier league I would only put Courtois (based on roughly 6-7 games I have seen of him)and Lloris as clear of him with maybe Vorm and in there too (although I havent seen much of him in the last 12 months). The rest are all on a pretty similar level in that they are capable of world class moments but make one too many errors and this is the category Howard falls into IMO.

I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

He is a good keeper overall, certainly not without faults and he falls into the category below the world class keepers with a hell of a lot of others. Some are better at some things than others but in terms of overall ability they are very similar.

In the premier league I would only put Courtois (based on roughly 6-7 games I have seen of him)and Lloris as clear of him with maybe Vorm and in there too (although I havent seen much of him in the last 12 months). The rest are all on a pretty similar level in that they are capable of world class moments but make one too many errors and this is the category Howard falls into IMO.

No Cech ? He's only 32 and arguably still has his best years ahead of him.

I'd definitely have De Gea, Lloris, Courtois and Cech before Howard. That's about it in the PL though. Rather have Howard than Vorm. Maybe I'd prefer Begovic as well and he does look very good, but he usually plays behind a deep sitting defense in Stoke and so he isn't really asked to do some of the things we ask our keeper to do. Not saying he couldn't do it, just that I've not really seen it from him.

No Cech ? He's only 32 and arguably still has his best years ahead of him.

He isn't at the same level he used to be and he doesn't command his area like he used to either. Still a very good keeper but not at the very highest level now. Still arguably better than Howard I suppose but it's 6 of one and half a dozen of the other for me.

I'd definitely have De Gea, Lloris, Courtois and Cech before Howard. That's about it in the PL though. Rather have Howard than Vorm. Maybe I'd prefer Begovic as well and he does look very good, but he usually plays behind a deep sitting defense in Stoke and so he isn't really asked to do some of the things we ask our keeper to do. Not saying he couldn't do it, just that I've not really seen it from him.

I'm still not convinced by De Gea in terms of his command of his area or his anticipation off his line. He is probably the best shot stopper in the league though.

I have never really seen much of Begovic. I think he is a steady keeper without doing anything flashy and I don't know he would cope at a big club playing possession football. He might thrive, I just haven't seen him.

For Vorm I thought he was excellent when he first came over, the perfect keeper for a team like Swansea but I don't know what's happened to him recently.

sadly I think we will stick with wot we got regards keepers, for financial reasons we sell a lot of merchandise in usa they believe any old hype and also I think we have spent all our money in one shop. its not a good reason for sticking with someone

though.

sadly I think we will stick with wot we got regards keepers, for financial reasons we sell a lot of merchandise in usa they believe any old hype and also I think we have spent all our money in one shop. its not a good reason for sticking with someone

though.

I think you've allowed yourself to become far more critical of Howard than logic should allow. He cost £3m has done a fine job for the past 8 years now.

If we had a £100m transfer kitty I would maybe look at another keeper if they were far and away better. As it stands, I think this thread is a little harsh.

How about the majority of his seasons with us, including a season which saw him break the record for cleansheets, better than Martyn, Southall...

What I'm saying is last season he virtually eradicated the silly mistakes he's prone to making (and he is prone to them) he was much more solid in his all round game. He's always been a great shot stopper nobody can deny that but last season his concentration seemed so much better as did his decision making. Does that come with age? Probably and I'm hoping he can carry that on this season.

He did keep all those clean sheets but as some have pointed out here the goals he concedes is partly the defence in front . Then the same has to be said about the clean sheets he kept.