IGNORED

Favourite Childhood Memories

Lowensda

I used to love going across the Mersey on the ferry. New Brighton was best as it was a longer journey, you felt like you were 'going to sea'. I can remember going to Seacombe once, during the war, and the ferry had to zig-zag between the sunken ships (sunk in the blitz). I remember the funnels and masts sticking up out of the water. 42 days on a troopship coming back from Singapore put me off 'going to sea' for ever!

Family parties, almost 100 of us under my Grandparents in the family tree back then on my Mums side. Would be so many people around, and always a great laugh.

My Grandad buying me spearmint Mojo's, I can still taste them when I think about it, it was over 20 years since he died but I can still see his face giving me the sweets when we would walk to the shop in the school holidays.

Thinking my Dad was an absolute giant! Actually, he always will be a giant, but I'm about three or four inches taller than him now.

Listening to my Sisters tapes and CD's, and thinking I had malaria once because I saw it on TV when our parents were on holiday. Her and her boyfriend spent hours convincing me I wasn't dying.

My uncle over hearing me and my cousin calling him a sheep shagger because he moved to Billinge. We were about 8 I think.

Great thread, almost got me in tears in my office.

I used to love sitting on swings for hours and just day dreaming. I would still love to do it now and then, but don't have any kids to take to the park. I would probably scream paedo sitting on the swings day dreaming nowadays.

Always dreamed of building my own house, first thing going up in the garden will be a swing. :)

Had an Everton pennant on my bedroom wall with a list of honours on it. When I got the result that confirmed we'd won the title in 1970 I carefully added 1969/70 to the "League Champions" list with a marker pen; it was black while the rest of the text was white but white marker pens didn't exist back then.

Wish I still had it.

I had a Spot the Dog toy that went missing when I was on holiday, apparently it was taken by thieves. I was inconsolable. After we returned home, there was a knock on the door - it was Spot the Dog with sunglasses on and a suitcase. I was young enough to have him and old enough to know he couldn't have got there on his own so I ran to the window to see who had delivered him. It was my step-dad.

Other happy memories was getting a NES for my 5th birthday, I had no idea what a NES was and hadn't asked for it but I'm glad I got it. It had a lightgun too and you could shoot ducks by pressing the gun up against the old CRT tvs to make it easier. That one gift has shaped my interests today.

Scoring all four goals in a 4-1 win over Sheerwater St.Michael when I was about ten. I've posted the picture before but here is my team of the time (sorry about the shirt colour, but I'm stood next to the 'keeper in my Alan Ball white boots)...

jacobswell2.jpg

Again something I've mentioned before but the guy two places to my right (Howard Smith) went on the become the drummer for these...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9-_836quo

• 2 months later...