IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away)

markjazzbassist

Must win for us. Relegation threatened side and away these are they matches we need to win to be a top side. 3 points a must. We have the capital one cup a couple days after but feel the lads should be able to play both full strength. No Kone to start because west ham and villa he was off the mark.

Howard
Coleman stones Mori Galloway
McCarthy Barry
Gerry Barkley Mirallas
Lukaku

Baines with a cameo would be nice.

This will be an interesting few games. The likes of Lennon, Kev, Gibson, Besic and maybe, maybe McGeady, will get time. I'm sure they will feel the challenge to step in and keep the momentum. Great chance to get a look at our depth of squad in 2 winnable games.

Must win for us. Relegation threatened side and away these are they matches we need to win to be a top side. 3 points a must. We have the capital one cup a couple days after but feel the lads should be able to play both full strength. No Kone to start because west ham and villa he was off the mark.

Howard

Coleman stones Mori Galloway

McCarthy Barry

Gerry Barkley Mirallas

Lukaku

Baines with a cameo would be nice.

The only way I would not play kone is due to him needing rest as Romey says. He has played very well most games bar a couple.

Kone has given this team a big injection of confidence going forward as he looks after the ball.

Seems that some are reluctant to see the value he adds based on their premature criticism of him.

I watched the extended game on sky and I thought he was very good indeed. Again it all comes down to what you value in a striker. He does alot of intelligent running.

Haf, not everyone who disagrees with you has an agenda against that player you know :lol:.

Haf, not everyone who disagrees with you has an agenda against that player you know :lol:.

Lol. Haf I backed him before he came here, I was a big fan of his at Wigan, get off your high horse and join the rest of us peasants on the ground.

Known fact he needs to be managed due to injury and we have 3 matches in 8 days, he can't start them all of we suffer. Wasn't having a go

Guest rusty747

We are finally starting to see the benefits of a settled team.

In 1985 it was

Southall

Stevens Ratcliffe Mountfield Van den Hauwe

Steven Reid Bracewell Sheedy

Sharp. Gray

In 2015 it is

Howard

Coleman Stones Mori/Jags. Galloway/Baines

McCarthy Barry

Gerry. Ross Kone

Rom

If it ain't broke don't fix it!

Edited by rusty747

Lol. Haf I backed him before he came here, I was a big fan of his at Wigan, get off your high horse and join the rest of us peasants on the ground.

Known fact he needs to be managed due to injury and we have 3 matches in 8 days, he can't start them all of we suffer. Wasn't having a go

No high horse mark, just a comment to question why some people are reluctant to praise him after a decent number of good games having been very quick to criticise after just two games.

I agree with not changing the squad. It's working so leave it alone. Only thing I would say is that Baines should get the League Cup start and if he is in form, then he slots in for Galloway. And that isn't to say Galloway hasn't been good; I think he's been as good as could be expected.

In any case, this is another very winnable match. Someone said we needed 21 points of the 30 in the 10 matches following the tough start. We've got 7 from 3, so we are on schedule. 3 more here is a must to continue.

I'd be tempted to give Mirallas a start on the left after his showing yesterday; rest Kone and bring Baines back for Galloway if he's ready. Potent attacking force down both flanks then.

You don't change a winning team. Small pitch and they play decent football. We need to go on a run and we should be turning them over. We look like a top team when we are on our game. 0-2 lukaku and Gerry

:huh: It's bigger than Goodison...105 x 78m against 100.48 x 68m (according to Wiki)

I'd be tempted to give Mirallas a start on the left after his showing yesterday; rest Kone and bring Baines back for Galloway if he's ready. Potent attacking force down both flanks then.

:huh: It's bigger than Goodison...105 x 78m against 100.48 x 68m (according to Wiki)

fuck me well done Mike ha ha I mean it's a small dingy shitbox. Like a cup game mentality. I'd like to see rom give the milkman a bashing

fuck me well done Mike ha ha I mean it's a small dingy shitbox. Like a cup game mentality. I'd like to see rom give the milkman a bashing

Sorry when you said "small pitch" I thought you meant small pitch, silly of me.

I think it's a nice little stadium myself, certainly not a dingy shitbox; imo that's being a bit disrespectful.

Thought about going (only about 80 miles) but the ground only holds 11,700 so not much chance of getting a ticket. Used to go to Bournemouth a lot on golfing weeks. Some cracking courses down there. Ferndown, Isle of Purbeck, Broadstone and my favourite Parkestone. In those days I think Bournemouth were in the third division.

Thought about going (only about 80 miles) but the ground only holds 11,700 so not much chance of getting a ticket. Used to go to Bournemouth a lot on golfing weeks. Some cracking courses down there. Ferndown, Isle of Purbeck, Broadstone and my favourite Parkestone. In those days I think Bournemouth were in the third division.

It's the closest ground to me, about ninety miles, but unsurprisingly sold out :(.

Sorry when you said "small pitch" I thought you meant small pitch, silly of me.

I think it's a nice little stadium myself, certainly not a dingy shitbox; imo that's being a bit disrespectful.

Sorry when I said small pitch I didn't expect anybody to quote me as a 5x10 difference but I'm sure you have loads else to do ha ha

Sorry when I said small pitch I didn't expect anybody to quote me as a 5x10 difference but I'm sure you have loads else to do ha ha

Why bring a "small pitch" into the discussion if you don't want it discussed :huh:?

Actually an extra ten metres across the width of the pitch is really quite a substantial difference, should really play into our hands, Gerry/Seamus will have more space to operate in and if we have a threat down the left as well we could rip them to pieces.