IGNORED

AFC Bournemouth (Away)

markjazzbassist

The squad has some real depth now, hopefully it's used in the right way....

The question is, what is the right way to take advantage of squad depth In the next 2 matches, as we have two away matches close together, plus some travel time that will reduce recuperation by a little.

So is the right way:

(1) to "prioritize" either Bournemouth or Middlesbrough, thus starting 4-6 different players from Saturday to Tuesday?

(2) to start the Aston Villa 11 v. Bournemouth, and if win there, start same 11 v. Middlesbrough, with minimal changes?

(3) to substitute 2 players no later than, say, 60 minutes at Bournemouth, and a third at 80 minutes. Ditto v. Middlesbrough?

For me, if our squad are almost all healthy and "match fit," I'd think Roberto could make 4-5 changes from Bournemouth to Middlesbrough, and Everton should win both matches, solidly. Should.

The question is, what is the right way to take advantage of squad depth In the next 2 matches, as we have two away matches close together, plus some travel time that will reduce recuperation by a little.

So is the right way:

(1) to "prioritize" either Bournemouth or Middlesbrough, thus starting 4-6 different players from Saturday to Tuesday?

(2) to start the Aston Villa 11 v. Bournemouth, and if win there, start same 11 v. Middlesbrough, with minimal changes?

(3) to substitute 2 players no later than, say, 60 minutes at Bournemouth, and a third at 80 minutes. Ditto v. Middlesbrough?

For me, if our squad are almost all healthy and "match fit," I'd think Roberto could make 4-5 changes from Bournemouth to Middlesbrough, and Everton should win both matches, solidly. Should.

I wouldn't make changes for the sake of it, if players (I'm thinking Kone and Barry here) are in need of a rest then rest them.

I would like to see our subs used a bit earlier if we are comfortable, and some flexibility to the situation as it presents itself over the next few games.

To often (it seems to me anyway) there is a plan A that is stuck to rigidly when the game is screaming out for something else.

We have a good squad let's use it.

Villa 11 for me with baines and clev doing some minutes later on in the match. Boro same 11 but baines starts and have clev Lennon mirallas naisy at the ready. Next match villa 11, it works let's keep using it till it doesn't.

This is silly to me. We're entering a pretty good run of fixtures; you've got to rotate the squad a bit or you risk injury/wearing out players like 34 year old Barry far too quickly. You've also got Baines back healthy who is still a better attacking option than Galloway, and you have a fit again Besic to replace a well in form but old Barry. I say you start the Villa 11, and if any signs of fatigue appear, give one or two run outs at halftime. Tuesday, you start Baines, Besic and Cleverley no matter what.

This is silly to me. We're entering a pretty good run of fixtures; you've got to rotate the squad a bit or you risk injury/wearing out players like 34 year old Barry far too quickly. You've also got Baines back healthy who is still a better attacking option than Galloway, and you have a fit again Besic to replace a well in form but old Barry. I say you start the Villa 11, and if any signs of fatigue appear, give one or two run outs at halftime. Tuesday, you start Baines, Besic and Cleverley no matter what.

There has been a nice international break for some of our players and we have no European games. I say keep the team the same till otherwise required.