IGNORED

The Foxes (home)

Deacs

Seeing has MJB hasn't, thought I'd get us going. I've been very negative the last couple of days time for some optimism.

Would like to see Barkley and Kone on the bench for this one. Naismith and Lennon to start (given up on Mirallas).

Hopefully we can maintain our tempo for the whole 90 mins and pick up a good win.

Thanks deacs had a busy weekend and didn't have the chance.

A draw if we are lucky here. Personally I think we will lose big. Their standard plan is give you all the possession and then counter smash and grab. Basically they are our kryptonite. I see a big loss 3-1.

I don't see any changes because rm is stubborn as they come. Kone a full 90, 1 sub and 12m worth of mirallas and Lennon riding the bench.

Howard

Coleman stones Mori baines

Cleverley Barry

Gerry Barkley Kone

Lukaku

Thanks deacs had a busy weekend and didn't have the chance.

A draw if we are lucky here. Personally I think we will lose big. Their standard plan is give you all the possession and then counter smash and grab. Basically they are our kryptonite. I see a big loss 3-1.

I don't see any changes because rm is stubborn as they come. Kone a full 90, 1 sub and 12m worth of mirallas and Lennon riding the bench.

Howard

Coleman stones Mori baines

Cleverley Barry

Gerry Barkley Kone

Lukaku

If I were a betting man i would put my left nut on that being the starting 11.

I have a feeling we will see Kone on the bench for this one. However, I think McCarthy will come back in and we'll see Cleverley on the left.

Think this is spot on. Remember the start of the season when all midfielders were fit?

Cleverley is his first choice LM... Absolutely bizarre

I don't see how u can drop cleverly. I know u don't rate him mc but we miss McCarthy big time. I'd be tempted to match Leicester and go 4-3-3 clev,McCarthy and Barry and then mirrallas rom and Gerry

It's about getting the balance right. Martinez formation is a lob sided 4-4-2 when Kone plays and square pegged when Cleverley plays out wide.

Just play Mirallas you ignorant horrible cart

Surely must be looking at 3 points here I know there having a good season but we should be beating teams like this but there again it will probably be another bloody draw

I think the players and the manager have just been complacent in our last three, thought we only had to turn up to win against "lesser" opposition. Hopefully Leicester's position in the league will concentrate their minds and we'll get ninety minutes instead of forty-five. Still no doubt in my mind we're potentially a top four team. We just need to get on a run and Christmas would be a good time to start; it destroyed us last season, hopefully this year we'll turn it around.

This game is going to be end to end. A giant mess and a heart attack for both sets of fans.

Our biggest issue is game management. We don't know how to shut teams down any more. Getting McCarthy back and moving Cleverley to the left for this one would be best, I think.

I realize this is an unpopular opinion. But, I'd rather win through playing a controlled game than lose/draw playing swashbuckling stuff. McCarthy can do the dirty work and has the legs to run all game. Barry is responsible with the ball at his feet. And Cleverley can do a bit of everything, but most importantly he can keep the ball ticking over and link with Baines. I think part of Barkley's issue (beyond being half asleep) is that Kone has been wading into his position too much. Kone has been great (for 60 minutes) and has both held the ball up well and made some excellent passes. But, he leaves us unbalanced. It's time we try something new. Cleverley and Baines linking up a la Bainaar would provide an excellent complement to our dangerous counter-attacking speed and less controlled play on the right.

Dreading this one. schmeichel has been solid, Howard I have no confidence in. After the last few results I fear for the worst. Come holidays I'm worried well be in the relegation battle again for the second straight year. Fuck me Everton sometimes I wish I could give you up. But I'll be there 9am watching my stream and hoping for the best.

I think the players and the manager have just been complacent in our last three, thought we only had to turn up to win against "lesser" opposition. Hopefully Leicester's position in the league will concentrate their minds and we'll get ninety minutes instead of forty-five. Still no doubt in my mind we're potentially a top four team. We just need to get on a run and Christmas would be a good time to start; it destroyed us last season, hopefully this year we'll turn it around.

Hopefully you will be as accurate with this prediction (if that's the right word) as you have with your scores :)

Edited by Deacs

Dreading this one. schmeichel has been solid, Howard I have no confidence in. After the last few results I fear for the worst. Come holidays I'm worried well be in the relegation battle again for the second straight year. Fuck me Everton sometimes I wish I could give you up. But I'll be there 9am watching my stream and hoping for the best.

We weren't in a relegation battle last year. Dude, you're going to give yourself a heart attack if your approach to supporting Everton remains as it is!

Even if we lost the next 5 matches, we would still bounce back and worst case be in the same position as last year. I'm not saying that that is acceptable, it clearly isn't, and whilst dropping 6 points over the last 3 games is incredibly annoying, there are still 18 games or 54 points to play for.

We weren't in a relegation battle last year. Dude, you're going to give yourself a heart attack if your approach to supporting Everton remains as it is!

Even if we lost the next 5 matches, we would still bounce back and worst case be in the same position as last year. I'm not saying that that is acceptable, it clearly isn't, and whilst dropping 6 points over the last 3 games is incredibly annoying, there are still 18 games or 54 points to play for.

I can always count on a bit of sanity from you, Matt. Thank you for not believing that every little issue is a sign of the "end of days" at Everton.

I can always count on a bit of sanity from you, Matt. Thank you for not believing that every little issue is a sign of the "end of days" at Everton.

No ones talking about the end of days Joe. What some of us, and I count myself among them are saying is that we should be doing better than we are. I also believe that we are not seeing anything from Martinez to suggest he is able to change that. I'm seeing what I perceive to be the same mistakes week in week out and that's not based on the last few weeks it's based on the last season and a half. Even the end of his first season in charge I felt we didn't really go all out for the Champions League spot. We beat Arsenal emphatically and then sat back.

Mike O pointed out in a different topic that Martinez has assembled this very good squad we currently have, and he deserves credit for that (RM, not Mike) but he needs to show some flexibility, decisiveness and visible leadership in order to take this club where it should be.

22 games and 66 points by my arithmetic.