IGNORED

The Foxes (home)

Deacs

No ones talking about the end of days Joe. What some of us, and I count myself among them are saying is that we should be doing better than we are. I also believe that we are not seeing anything from Martinez to suggest he is able to change that. I'm seeing what I perceive to be the same mistakes week in week out and that's not based on the last few weeks it's based on the last season and a half. Even the end of his first season in charge I felt we didn't really go all out for the Champions League spot. We beat Arsenal emphatically and then sat back.

Mike O pointed out in a different topic that Martinez has assembled this very good squad we currently have, and he deserves credit for that (RM, not Mike) but he needs to show some flexibility, decisiveness and visible leadership in order to take this club where it should be.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think our failings this season, just like last season, are Roberto's failings. Inability to close up shop and keep a lead, inability to defend set pieces, no plan b, not defending as a team, not closing down the opposition, our players generally not being up for it, ineffective use of the squad, etc. But, some suggest throwing the baby out with the bath water. Some suggest selling some of our best players or making giant changes in our squad. Some see players as wholly inept while I see problems in execution and planning. Some see our club as a sinking ship. I just think we need to keep cooler heads about all of this as fans.

I agree wholeheartedly. I think our failings this season, just like last season, are Roberto's failings. Inability to close up shop and keep a lead, inability to defend set pieces, no plan b, not defending as a team, not closing down the opposition, our players generally not being up for it, ineffective use of the squad, etc. But, some suggest throwing the baby out with the bath water. Some suggest selling some of our best players or making giant changes in our squad. Some see players as wholly inept while I see problems in execution and planning. Some see our club as a sinking ship. I just think we need to keep cooler heads about all of this as fans.

Lets just hope for the best case scenario, which is Martinez wakes up and we push on for Europe.

Otherwise for the best of the club he needs to go.

Guest rusty747

Watching the Leicester v Chelski game now. Only played 5 minutes and I am crapping myself already. The pace they have up front, the energy in midfield and the organisation in defence means they are where they are on merit.

Guest rusty747

Well, we will have to score 3 or 4 to win because they way their attack and our defence are playing, they will score a couple at least. They have the swagger, confidence, arrogance and belief that is either missing or fragile in our play.

Well, we will have to score 3 or 4 to win because they way their attack and our defence are playing, they will score a couple at least. They have the swagger, confidence, arrogance and belief that is either missing or fragile in our play.

Very impressed with Leicester again tonight. So direct looking for the pacy Vardy over the top. Stones will be okay I hope.

We will be fucked if we start with Cleverley, Barry and Kone in midfield.

It's not going to be a fun game for us, that's for sure. I'm dreading my trip to Goodisom already.

Guest rusty747

Clutching at straws here but Huth booked so misses the game at Goodison. They really are tearing Chelski a new one.

And Leicester demonstrate perfectly the diffetence between us. We start the second half at Norwich a goal up and immediarely concede the equaliser. Leicester start the second half against Chelsea a goal up and immediately score a second.

Edited by rusty747

Also i know im always the over-positive one but i will say this: board complaining last year about squad depth. Depth was improved. The festive period is where squad depth really makes a difference. I can see us getting more points than expected during this upcoming 30-35 days.

You're making a big assumption that Martinez will actually use the squad depth.

Do you know, I won't be there, but I'm really looking forward to it.

I wish I could! I'm likely to be sat there at my wits end.

Guest rusty747

I can see Leicester beating us fair and square on this performance. Huth will be missing for them and they have 2 days fewer to prepare but they will have too much energy for us in midfield (especially if Jimmy Mac is still not fit) and too much pace and intelligent movement up front.

Howard

Coleman Stones Mori Baines

McCarthy. Barry

Gerry. Ross Cleverley

Rom

Mirallas for Cleverley, Lennon for Gerry and Kone last 15 for either Rom or Ross

Edited by rusty747

For me it will be a win and still people complaining about Martinez!

As a former Roberto enthusiast, I think I'm open to a defense/explanation of his decision not to use squad depth, not to replace tiring players in second half of many matches. But he hasn't provided any comments, other than to say we have excellent squad depth.

Guest rusty747

I hate Mourinho with a vengeance but look at how he changed it for Chelsea during the Leicester game, subbing Terry, three at the back, Remy on etc. It made a difference too.

This is where Martinez gets it wrong imho.

Watching Leicester against Chelsea I was impressed with the way they hassled Chelsea, particularly in the first-half. In their face all the time. They tired a bit in the second-half. What worries me is if we play like we normally do, all this short passing, and expect Leicester to do what teams usually do against us ie drop back, park the bus and watch us, then we are in for a shock. I can see us conceding goal/s from intercepted passes or players caught in possession. We need to be more direct in this game. Vardy is an obvious threat but I was impressed with Mahrez. A very strong runner with the ball, Chelsea couldn't get the ball off him.

Guest rusty747

Watching Leicester against Chelsea I was impressed with the way they hassled Chelsea, particularly in the first-half. In their face all the time. They tired a bit in the second-half. What worries me is if we play like we normally do, all this short passing, and expect Leicester to do what teams usually do against us ie drop back, park the bus and watch us, then we are in for a shock. I can see us conceding goal/s from intercepted passes or players caught in possession. We need to be more direct in this game. Vardy is an obvious threat but I was impressed with Mahrez. A very strong runner with the ball, Chelsea couldn't get the ball off him.

Agree 100%. We are set up exactly as Leicester would like all their opponents to be. This might not be a pleasant experience if we haven't learned from our last three draws.

I can see Mahrez and Vardy ripping our defence about 9 new arseholes. If we resort to our usual second half bullshit 'slugs-on-valium' approach, this thing could turn ugly. Or not. But judging from the trend this team has been exhibiting, it seems likely. Prediction: Everton 1 - Leicester 3. Prove me wrong Roberto - PLEASE.

Happy Leicester STH in peace...

bit nervous about this one as we never do well away at your ground, would love 3 points to take us 5 clear at the top with Man C and Arsenal playing each other Monday, id be happy with a point tho and win against Liverpool boxing day... be the perfect Xmas..

Happy Leicester STH in peace...

bit nervous about this one as we never do well away at your ground, would love 3 points to take us 5 clear at the top with Man C and Arsenal playing each other Monday, id be happy with a point tho and win against Liverpool boxing day... be the perfect Xmas..

Welcome to the boards! What makes you nervous?

Personally I'd rather you take 3 of that lot and give us 3 as friendly gesture :P

hahaha yes i bet you would, i have a lot of Liverpool friends so beating them would be sweet, Goodison always seems to be a tough ground for us to get anything from, Im sure they're will be goals, personally think it will be 2-2 draw...

:lol:

so long as you don't get any corners, we've got a chance of a draw :)