IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Starting to form a very similar pattern to last season. Can't seem to get results and is far too stubborn in his ways.

Substitutions only come when the shit hits the fan, rather than to have a positive impact on the game! Set pieces attacking and defending awful.

Awaits the same crowd backing him last season, with the same old shit. There's very little change, we're a mid-table club under him!

Edited by MC11

We are a mid table club full stop. We are reliant on managers operating like transfer experts in order to succeed. Imagine having someone like MON who spends it on shite.

I will give Martinez the rest of the season, ironically he may deliver europa and get us a league cup in that time.

We are a mid table club full stop. We are reliant on managers operating like transfer experts in order to succeed. Imagine having someone like MON who spends it on shite.

I will give Martinez the rest of the season, ironically he may deliver europa and get us a league cup in that time.

I'm 99.9% certain that won't happen - witnessed enough now. He can't get results consistently.We went into these 4 games thinking "bankers". We aren't good enough under his guidance. 2 wins in 10 is it?

The only direction he knows, bottom table. That's where we are headed. We will be mentioned in the relegation battle at least once this year just like last year.

I've had enough, but know bill hasn't. Only saving grace for me is league or FA cup. Mid table I'm guessing 10th or 11th with the likes of a new lot promoted team currently above us.

Too many things are wrong at the moment to list but for me a lot of it stems from Howard.

His inability to come off his line at set pieces puts pressure on an already beleaguered defence. Also his distribution from the back at times appears without thought and often puts us under more pressure, this though is endemic of the defence as a whole and is approved of by Martinez!

Today Leicester where the antithesis of us, quick to get the ball forward and decisive with their use of the ball in forward areas, plus their work ethic was superb.

I am not advocating what at times is a long ball style but we do need to mix it up and stop with this faffing about across the back line which gives me the jitters every time we do it.

As I see it Martinez has to start by dropping Howard and while this is not the only problem it will be a start. If he doesn't and results carry on like this we will have no choice but to sack him as we cannot allow his stubbornness to cost us in what could still be a good season for us.

I just want the Martinez of his first season back. That Martinez was proactive, not the reactive Martinez we've had for the past year and a bit.

Like I said in the match day thread; at 1-1 the game was there for the taking. If he'd had anything about him he should've been readying a sub or two to bring in to make that happen. We didn't even have anyone warming up though!

I'm sat there literally just about to turn to the fella next to me and say that this game is ours if we want it as they went down our end and got the penalty.

I don't want to really respond to the question at hand when it's so fresh to the end of today's game, but I'm starting to really lean towards thinking he hasn't got a clue how to get the best out of this squad. I hope I'm wrong, I desperately want to be wrong.

Edited by Romey 1878

Eddie Howe.

My reservation there is the same with Martinez. Will he be able to do what he's done with Bournemouth on a considerably larger budget with larger ego players?

Watford hit the jackpot with Flores, has the pedigree but it didn't go well same with ranieri. Maybe a manager like that would be better than just the next up and comer.

Are we looking for perfection folks or are the ones who had reservations about him in the first place getting their knives out?

Mourinho is available let's get him, unless he doesn't want to work with shoe string budgets.

I just think the league is tighter now, the supposed shit teams are not that shit.

Yes but we should expect to beat the 'shit' teams if we really think we are top 6. Arguably in his first season RM pretty much got the Moyes squad but hasn't improved on results.....can't be relied upon too change that. Draw is against us in the LC, no way we'll beat Citeh on current form. Mid table team unfortunately.

Yes but we should expect to beat the 'shit' teams if we really think we are top 6. Arguably in his first season RM pretty much got the Moyes squad but hasn't improved on results.....can't be relied upon too change that. Draw is against us in the LC, no way we'll beat Citeh on current form. Mid table team unfortunately.

And the team he was left with was a one dimensional te that used baines and Pienaar on left, with fellaini off a striker up front.

Pretty fuckin dull. We ended up around 6-8th. Chances are we will be there again with a far younger team.

Things ain't perfect but serious over reactions. Give him the season

Are we looking for perfection folks or are the ones who had reservations about him in the first place getting their knives out?

Mourinho is available let's get him, unless he doesn't want to work with shoe string budgets.

I just think the league is tighter now, the supposed shit teams are not that shit.

That's the point. He spent big on Lukaku and has one of the most talented sides in the league. Barkley stones romelu Gerry baines Coleman these are players any side would love to have. And yet a tiny club with no money crystal palace is doing better with pardew. club watford doing better with Flores. Club Leicester with ranieri. Another in west ham with Bilic. None of those clubs have a better squad. We hands down should be better than all of them but are not.

That's the issue haf. If we had ranieri or Flores maybe we'd be in a different position. Instead we've got centre backs at fullback, a shit goalie being played no matter what. And 2 wingers only to be seen on the park for 10' min while losing. It's managerial. Hate to say it but moyes would get more out of this squad. The defense is talented they just need a plan and organization. I don't want moyes back but at least we got clean sheets back then. Now every match is a fucking shootout. Id rather 1-0 any day over 4-3.

Edited by markjazzbassist

And the team he was left with was a one dimensional te that used baines and Pienaar on left, with fellaini off a striker up front.

Pretty fuckin dull. We ended up around 6-8th. Chances are we will be there again with a far younger team.

Things ain't perfect but serious over reactions. Give him the season

People said that last season and if I remember correctly a lot of people said give him till Christmas. He's in his 3rd season, if he really is as good as he talks then he should be producing the goods he's not! I actually wanted Martinez but I've seen what he's all about and it's not good enough. He needs to go.

It's a crime that the best squad we have had in 20yrs is stagnating like this.

We fanny around with the ball at the back far too often negating any movement that we may get from our forwards!

This is down to Martinez full stop, we had a great first season from him and a poor one last, so I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt this time around.

So far in fits and starts we have played some brilliant football but this has all been undone by this tendency to dwell on the ball and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure, and if we could keep clean sheets we would be a least 10 points better off.

But I have come to realise that Martinez like Moyes before him has a stubborn streak which will not see him change certain personnel or compromise on his playing style.

Most if not all the teams that we have struggled against this season especially at Goodison have played in an aggressive, attacking and direct manner surely this cannot be lost on Martinez.

Today most of Leicester's attacks were started from the keeper often bypassing the midfield and using the pace and skill of Vardy and Mahrez, by contrast we piss around with the ball at the back allowing the opposition to set themselves up ready for us!.

I am not advocating a new direct long ball approach but to mix it up a bit surely wouldn't hurt, if we don't then we will see a lot more results like today.

Look we play beautiful football at times bossing most games but we don't take our chances and we concede far too easily at the other end.

We need more players who can score regularly - not just Lukaku - our starting 11 is not balanced

Deulefeu and Mirallas are our best options but D'feu is overutilized and then subbed and Mirallas is underutilized and should start.

We also need a nr 10 playmaker in the middle of the park (have been saying it for ages) before we will click

Howard has become too inconsistant and needs to be dropped for a game or two at least

Martinez must sort out our defense urgently and

The taking and defending of corners is just poor and unacceptable

Our use of the bench or rather lack thereof leaves much to be desired

i will give Martinez till the end of the season to get the above in order - 3 seasons is more than enough

What if we'd sacked Martinez before liverpool got rid if Brenda ! would klopp have been just what we needed.If that is the case maybe we slipped up.

We have got a very good squad, shame if it breaks up before it has a chance to show it's full potential.

Martinez tried during his sencond season to out pass every team, playing it sideways, backwards, sideways and backwards again.Some of the worst football I've ever seen, even with a pretty good attacking squad.He tried it against Watford in the opening game of the season, scraped a draw and was boo'd off.

Realised he had to change it or get sacked, he has changed things, they are better than they were, well the tip-tap crap has improved.

Now he has to change again, kill off teams when we are far the better team, make a few daring subs, have the guts to drop people, give fringe players a chance.Might just work, at the moment it isn't.

This football club won't always have Coleman, Baines, Jags, Stones, Barkley, Lukaku and some other very good players, maybe we deserve a really good manager.

Martinez certainly isn't a bad one, but if he can't change, certainly there are better ones.

Maybe we haven't got enough money to attract big name managers, the present boss at Leicester, would we have wanted him?

^ This seems very true but requires CHANGE. Unfortunately for us (and this club), Martinez doesn't seem willing to ever CHANGE (just look at his insistence on playing Howard match-after-match regardless of the outcome). This team needs CHANGE, or I can guarantee that we will land somewhere between 9th and 12th this season yet once again. This is not an opinion, its happening before our very eyes. The prediction of winning 4 or 5 matches in a row when coming into the schedule with the "easier" teams has been ripped apart, shredded, and flushed down the toilet. Results are all that matters, not excuses or high hopes for the future.

If Martinez is not willing to CHANGE his philosophies, substitutes, starting squad, then Kenwright needs to be proactive, make a CHANGE, and not allow this team to wallow in mediocrity and lose our best players. The time is now, not 3 or 4 months from now.

This team should absolutely not be sitting in 10th or 11th place right now, and the buck stops with the manager.

I'll be disappointed come the end of the season if we haven't progressed from last season.

At this point we have progressed from twelve months ago.

We are playing much more exciting football and creating lots of chances.

We are building a very good team of young players.

Give it time and see where we are in the summer.

If I was a young player and the club sacked the manager now...then I may want to look at my future here.

I'll be disappointed come the end of the season if we haven't progressed from last season.

If I was a young player and the club sacked the manager now...then I may want to look at my future here.

Martinez hit rock bottom between this time last year and new year. I'm willing to see how he does this season through this tough period. However if it starts going the same way again he hasn't learnt a thing and he needs sacking.

The most annoying thing is he won't get sacked because he's living off the fluke of a first season where he piggy backed off Moyes defence.

I think several are already be looking at their future here, unfortunately.

Been out all day, just got in, had to check what time to see that was posted to see if it was serious or ironic :P.

Just shows what a crazy season it's been so far.

Posted before I saw the result, big spending rs are no better off than us to be honest.

I put £10 each on both of them at the start of the seson to win the prem, Everton were 300-1 and liverpool were 66-1, league position at present blows those odds out of the water.Mind you I think Leicester were 1000-1.Maybe my £10 should have gone on my Dads team.

Just shows what a crazy season it's been so far.

Posted before I saw the result, big spending rs are no better off than us to be honest.

I put £10 each on both of them at the start of the seson to win the prem, Everton were 300-1 and liverpool were 66-1, league position at present blows those odds out of the water.Mind you I think Leicester were 1000-1.Maybe my £10 should have gone on my Dads team.

It's looking a better bet on paper.

Personally though I think they'll probably finish in the Europa places (which is higher than I predicted a couple of weeks back). They really didn't look that special yesterday, we gifted them the game. They're running on confidence and adrenalin but I think the wheels could still come off any time.

Maybe, but the only thing that matters is that they are ahead of the big boys at this point, and the joke is on the rest of us. Who gives a fuck how they got there - they are there - and think about the next-to-impossible scenario it would take for us to catch up with them or surpass them. My prediction is Leicester and Arsenal in the 1 and 2 spot - just don't know who will end up on top?

Fuckin jealous - I'll tell you that.