IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

Ranieri was a joke of an appointment at the time. A lot of people thought they'd be guaranteed relegation candidates. He's proved everybody wrong however, so credit to him. I doubt he'll have the same success at other clubs in the league.

Just the right manager, with the right players, at the right time.

that's the point though. poettchino was a joke of an appt when he got signed by soton (after being fired by espanyol for a terrible start) and look how that turned out. a lot of these so called "joke" appointments are actually masterstrokes and need to be given the proper credit. They took a chance and it worked out.

that's the point though. poettchino was a joke of an appt when he got signed by soton (after being fired by espanyol for a terrible start) and look how that turned out. a lot of these so called "joke" appointments are actually masterstrokes and need to be given the proper credit. They took a chance and it worked out.

lets not judge them just on their first year though hey.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-podcast-roberto-martinez-debate-11088057

Some bloody wankers Podcast about Martinez.

Edit: I just listened to the whole thing. I believe EVERYBODY here should listen to it, Martinez supporters or not. There is not a lot of stuff that is new, but just an overall vibe of the fans perspective right now, as well as a breakdown of Martinez's tendencies as a manager. I'll say this: for every positive there is about 9 negatives with this guy. What is also interesting is that they believe that a Cup win is not enough to convince some fans to keep him on board, and that we will see more of the same next season. Count me in that camp, please. There is also discussion of Wigan fans foresight back in 2013, warning us of the very detrimental things that we see still to this day as a manager. They also stress that Moshiri hasn't said "boo" one way or they other regarding Martinez, so take that any way you see fit.

Edited by chalkpie

With only nine games left of the league season, where do you think the club should realistically be aiming for in terms of league position?

"To put it bluntly, who cares?

A ninth place finish is as meaningless as a 12th place finish. European qualification is beyond the Toffeemen, as is any hope of salvaging another sub-standard league campaign."

^^ I find it very easy to disregard the opinion of anyone that short sighted.

With only nine games left of the league season, where do you think the club should realistically be aiming for in terms of league position?

"To put it bluntly, who cares?

A ninth place finish is as meaningless as a 12th place finish. European qualification is beyond the Toffeemen, as is any hope of salvaging another sub-standard league campaign."

I find it very realistic if we're going off previous results.

I find it very realistic if we're going off previous results.

Yeah if you are as committed to regime change as Rhodri and yourself, and that needs to happen sooner rather than later for you doesn't it, any turnaround might result in "Vault City, Population MC11"

That said, if the disproportionate Martinez out static doesn't galvanise this team now then we're probably better taking our chances with change sooner rather than later.

Yeah if you are as committed to regime change as Rhodri and yourself, and that needs to happen sooner rather than later for you doesn't it, any turnaround might result in "Vault City, Population MC11"

That said, if the disproportionate Martinez out static doesn't galvanise this team now then we're probably better taking our chances with change sooner rather than later.

I know he won't turn it around. Been going in for far too long to be a blip in form. There is something drastically wrong and that's Roberto Martinez and his methods.

I don't know if she worded it the best way (certainly was blunt and to the point), but I agree that 9th or 12th or 14th is sort of all the same for me. Its not Europe and its not good enough for this team. Since we did top 5 two seasons ago, I think that should be our goal at the very least. How is that being short sighted? She is entitled to her opinion as you are, I am, and every other fan is at this point. If you haven't noticed, a bunch of us have lost the faith with Martinez, so don't expect 'rainbow-kum-bi-yah' answers at this point. It might be short-sighted to dismiss her entire interview because her opinion doesn't jive with yours.

Edited by chalkpie

I don't know if she worded it the best way (certainly was blunt and to the point), but I agree that 9th or 12th or 14th is sort of all the same for me. Its not Europe and its not good enough for this team. Since we did top 5 two seasons ago, I think that should be our goal at the very least. How is that being short sighted? She is entitled to her opinion as you are, I am, and every other fan is at this point. If you haven't noticed, a bunch of us have lost the faith with Martinez, so don't expect 'rainbow-kum-bi-yah' answers at this point. It might be short-sighted to dismiss her entire interview because her opinion doesn't jive with yours.

kiTGkOh.png

:D

Under Martinez European football next season could be the worst thing to happen to us. Going on our form this season at home i honestly feel with the strains of The Europa league we would be very close to the drop if not in the bottom 3, our league form has been awful and that's just playing one game per week with normal travel. Winning the FA Cup would be great as were long overdue a trophy but with Europe a benefit of winning it i do worry how we would fare playing in Europe next season, especially as we can no longer count on our home form to gain points.

People may get irritated to fuck as to how assertive I am in my opinions... the one thing I will say is that I don't form or change my stance easily.

My thoughts on Martinez were that he wasn't stupid, that he kinda knew his shortfalls and without recognising them he would quietly address them. In a sense - he would learn and adapt.

He has had many opportunities to demonstrate his "evolution" and he has reverted to type too many times. I have argued the toss defending him to my brother who wanted him gone sooner than most on here - in defending him I was silently saying "fuckin learn you stupid bastard".

Well, I'm at the stage I was at with Moyes a good few years before he went. I want him gone. He's experimenting with Everton, he's trying to show us who is the boss. The boss is Everton and no chairman, manager, player or fan is above Everton.

I'm led to believe that moshiri wanted wenger gone at Arsenal. I hope he has the same thoughts on Martinez. It's time this sleepy giant got angry.

Thinking Martinez will lead us to greatness was more "hope" based on the things he does well. What he doesn't do well is humility and accepting he's not always right. There is something that all the great managers have in common - they make big mistakes. The thing is they learn a from them. Martinez doesn't identify the mistakes and he certainly doesn't learn.

Edited by Hafnia

I really hope Moshiri's influence is great one.

I've been browsing various footy-related subreddits, and every non-Everton supporter views us as a stepping stone. It's so aggravating.

No team is afraid of us. Others don't look at our squad and see potential for CL football. The likes of West Ham and Stoke are sitting where we should be (at the minimum).

They are teams that were worse off than us before Martinez joined but are now showing what a decent manager can do. I just can't see Martinez leading this team forward anymore.

I'm disappointed to finally come to terms with it, and a part of me still holds out hope that I'm wrong.

I really hope Moshiri's influence is great one.

I've been browsing various footy-related subreddits, and every non-Everton supporter views us as a stepping stone. It's so aggravating.

No team is afraid of us. Others don't look at our squad and see potential for CL football. The likes of West Ham and Stoke are sitting where we should be (at the minimum).

They are teams that were worse off than us before Martinez joined but are now showing what a decent manager can do. I just can't see Martinez leading this team forward anymore.

I'm disappointed to finally come to terms with it, and a part of me still holds out hope that I'm wrong.

Our defence is a joke and has been for two years straight. They are right, why fear us? Martinez is good at coaching this team to pass the ball around and occasionally score. He is not good at stopping shots into the back of our net and winning matches. There are managers that can accomplish both of these things, unfortunately ours cannot. I'm not sure what the debate is at this point? Its like the board is turning a blind eye to the whole situation because Roberto (the man) is a great politician and has been spinning bullshit and empty promises for two years straight now. Somehow, his bullshit overshadowed what really matters: results and statistics. You only need to view the goals conceded column to decide not to fear us. EFC is an easy team to score on, and that is a fact. Its actually baffling and mindblowing at the same time, but ultimately depressing. Possible FA Cup win will do nothing to change this fact.

Edited by chalkpie

I think it's gone beyond, even if we win the cup. I think the players have seen through him now. They must see the quality in the squad and think what the fuck is going on?

"We're brilliant but we're bottom half! What the fuck is going on? Must be the manager, can't be us!"

I just don't get the thought process. They need to share responsibility, not shift it.

You guys must be the last two people on Earth that still believe in that clown - I do commend you for that at least. Do you not see the correlation of Wigan when RM was in charge? We are a carbon copy.....Leaky defence there, leaky defence here. Three England internationals on the pitch the other night and we sit 12th. And Lukaku scores as well for Belgium. I'll believe the players should share half the blame when we have a new manager and we still sit 12th with the current squad. Glad to eat crow on that.

You guys must be the last two people on Earth that still believe in that clown - I do commend you for that at least. Do you not see the correlation of Wigan when RM was in charge? We are a carbon copy.....Leaky defence there, leaky defence here. Three England internationals on the pitch the other night and we sit 12th. And Lukaku scores as well for Belgium. I'll believe the players should share half the blame when we have a new manager and we still sit 12th with the current squad. Glad to eat crow on that.

Wigan had three England internationals on the pitch plus a striker scoring for Belgium did they? Definite correlation.

Edit: I'm always at my happiest when I'm in a minority, real comfort zone; if everyone agrees with me I really begin to doubt my judgement.