IGNORED

Martinez - Direction?

MC11

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-leighton-baines-good-ever-10675105

Still talks a good game, now if only he can sort our defence/goalkeeper issues out!

“We are Everton and as manager I take responsibility, we have to be a winning team.
I know that we haven’t won a title for a long, long time but it is in our DNA we should be winning titles and we should be achieving to win games, not just to compete in games or hope for a win and try to keep a clean sheet in order to score a goal.

“Everton brings a certain responsibility and that’s what I am looking forward to in the next five months. I think we have the players with the character to cope with that, the players with the talent to play that type of football. We are not there yet otherwise we would be top of the league but that’s the way we are going in the next five months.”

im likely going to be crucified for suggesting this, but when Jags is fit again and McCarthy is still out, I would put him next to Barry for s couple of games

Hello Mo Besic, you're not going to play while there is a spot in your position, we're going to play John Stones there instead. Get comfortable on the bench.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-leighton-baines-good-ever-10675105

Still talks a good game, now if only he can sort our defence/goalkeeper issues out!

We are Everton and as manager I take responsibility, we have to be a winning team.

I know that we havent won a title for a long, long time but it is in our DNA we should be winning titles and we should be achieving to win games, not just to compete in games or hope for a win and try to keep a clean sheet in order to score a goal.

Everton brings a certain responsibility and thats what I am looking forward to in the next five months. I think we have the players with the character to cope with that, the players with the talent to play that type of football. We are not there yet otherwise we would be top of the league but thats the way we are going in the next five months.

It's better than talking about penknives to gun fights and how top 10 is a great finish for a club like Everton.

It's better than talking about penknives to gun fights and how top 10 is a great finish for a club like Everton.

I wasn't having a pop at him I genuinely believe he can turn us into a good team if he finally wakes up to the defensive frailties and puts some work in on the training ground to address them

And at the moment I would take a top 10 finish!

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I wasn't having a pop at him I genuinely believe he can turn us into a good team if he finally wakes up to the defensive frailties and puts some work in on the training ground to address them

And at the moment I would take a top 10 finish!

That's the thing, I like the fact that he has verbally recognised what we are as a club. If he can evolve then I believe we will have a great manager.

That's the thing, I like the fact that he has verbally recognised what we are as a club. If he can evolve then I believe we will have a great manager.

To be fair I think we have evolved from last season. The football then was atrocious but now we get the ball forward much faster and Rom has been reaping the benefits. Its just the defensive shambles that is so frustrating

If you play in a pub team the 2 centre halves decide before the game who is going to attack the header and who is going to sweep up behind where as ours just stand there and watch Howard doing star jumps as the ball sails into the net. It all boils down to a total lack of organisation which has to be addressed by Roberto and the coaches at Finch Farm,

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

Hello Mo Besic, you're not going to play while there is a spot in your position, we're going to play John Stones there instead. Get comfortable on the bench.

you know I'm a big fan of Mo, but RM doesn't seem interested in playing him. Stones striding up the pitch with the ball with 2 CB behind him makes sense as an option.

2014/2015 Season: After 19 games played EFC sat in 12th place with a total of 21 points (GF=29, GA=31)

2015/2016 Season: After 19 games played EFC sits in 11th place with a total of 26 points (GF=35, GA=28)

We have to counter in the fact that we've had no Europa League, played virtually all the big boys at home this time round. Tough away fixtures coming up.

We have to counter in the fact that we've had no Europa League, played virtually all the big boys at home this time round. Tough away fixtures coming up.

True. The most damning statistic for me (besides we are virtually in the same place as last year) is the GA amount for both seasons. So close thus far, and its what is killing us. Clearly the defence needs much work in training, tactics, skill, etc but when you look at the supposed "progress" we have made this season, the numbers don't lie....there is almost no improvement in that department.

Moyes final season........................ 23 conceded.

Well there you have it. Martinez can talk up and down a horses arse for three days straight but the numbers at the end of the day are all that matters.

Yesterday, West Ham had about 35% possession yet beat the shite 2-0. Their defence ultimately did the talking and won the game for them.

Man for man the Spurs team yesterday on paper was no better than ours, apart from lloris it is equal quality. Yet they completely out played us first half and are doing way better than us in the league. Now that has to be down to the manager. I can't see us producing the consistency in results with Martinez in charge. He just doesn't seem that way inclined. Unfortunately the same as he was at Wigan but fortunately he's working with better players. Imagine where we'd be if Pochettino was in charge of us. Could you see us losing 3-4 at home with him in charge?

I will be very interested to see how he reacted to stones and colemans display of unneccessary dribbling in risky areas - for me it epitomised what is wrong with our defence. We play like a bunch of show ponys in a soccer 6 tournament - the lads who refuse to use the keeper as a means of getting the ball safe "because thay are too good for that and passing it back is like a blow to the ego".

This is where I think he is going wrong he wants plaudits for the way he plays.... "its not happenening Roberto! - you have actually got a good side there which you can take credit for but the way you are having them play in a carefree manner is a disgrace"

Im all for "no fear" - but not "never mind". I think other managers and teams will want to punish this arrogance.

I will be very interested to see how he reacted to stones and colemans display of unneccessary dribbling in risky areas - for me it epitomised what is wrong with our defence. We play like a bunch of show ponys in a soccer 6 tournament - the lads who refuse to use the keeper as a means of getting the ball safe "because thay are too good for that and passing it back is like a blow to the ego".

This is where I think he is going wrong he wants plaudits for the way he plays.... "its not happenening Roberto! - you have actually got a good side there which you can take credit for but the way you are having them play in a carefree manner is a disgrace"

Im all for "no fear" - but not "never mind". I think other managers and teams will want to punish this arrogance.

He won't say anything, it's exactly what he wants.

Man for man the Spurs team yesterday on paper was no better than ours, apart from lloris it is equal quality. Yet they completely out played us first half and are doing way better than us in the league. Now that has to be down to the manager. I can't see us producing the consistency in results with Martinez in charge. He just doesn't seem that way inclined. Unfortunately the same as he was at Wigan but fortunately he's working with better players. Imagine where we'd be if Pochettino was in charge of us. Could you see us losing 3-4 at home with him in charge?

theyre how many points ahead of us?

Pocheettino has got the balance right between attack & defence. 34 scored 16 conceded.